2015 Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: 2015 Trade Deadline

Post by Sunsfan4life »

iLLmatic wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Here's an interesting question. Suppose we hadn't signed Bledsoe, that we'd let him walk this offseason. That would mean Dragic was our starting PG and primary ball-handler. His numbers would probably be higher than they are now. But he'd still be an impending unrestricted free agent. And these kinds of rumors about other teams wanting to throw money at him, they might still be swirling.

Would that situation be better than where we are right now? Would Dragic have basically been able to force us to max him out so we wouldn't lose him? Would that have been good for the team?
He'd probably be happier in his role here and might take less money to play for the organization that originally drafted him and signed his brother.
Alot of assumptions there. Dragic is going to do whats best for Dragic and I 100% do not blame him for it. Right now he is drastically underpaid so maxing out his next contract, particularly in a place like LA, is probabaly very appealing.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I was only assuming based off Mori's assumptions.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

What if we traded him to LA for a swap of 1st rd picks then re-signed him this offseason in the ultimate F U trade to Laker fans?

haha. How hilarious would that be.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

I doubt they would do a trade mid-season for him because of that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In fact, why would anyone want to trade for him mid season unless they are throwing away picks and fighting for a ring this year?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I could see someone doing it, if they felt that was going to increase their chances on resigning him in the off-season, but I think it's a little farfetched and desperate if they aren't a contender. That being said, I hope the Lakers offer up the world for him.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Robot

Post by Robot »

Dragic makes more sense as a long term point guard for the next few years, that is the duration of any teams title chances. We are not winning a title with EB or IT at point . I think Goran will age better as an athlete and has the potential to be a more solid nash / tony parker type long term player you can build around. EB and IT will be gone from the Suns in 1-2 years . MCDO needs to get his head out of skynet

- R

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Wow. Love Goran, but 4yrs 80mil? Thats pretty ridiculous for a 28yr old PG.
What does his age have to do with? Those are the prime years of a player's career. At the end of the deal he would be 32/33, hardly an old man by NBA standards.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote: And these kinds of rumors about other teams wanting to throw money at him, they might still be swirling.
Would they?! The report made it clear that one of the main reasons teams smell blood in the water is because of the commitment the Suns made to both Thomas and Bledsoe. Under your hypothetical, that catalyst is removed.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:No matter how the Dragic situation plays out some people who don't like Ryan will find fault in what he does.
There's only one poster for which that statement is true. Stop painting with a broad brush.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

OE32 wrote:If Dragic gets $20, then Bledsoe at $13 is a steal, right?
Nope.

Cap

Post by Cap »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Wow. Love Goran, but 4yrs 80mil? Thats pretty ridiculous for a 28yr old PG.
What does his age have to do with? Those are the prime years of a player's career.
So Bledsoe's still on the way up, right?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Here's an interesting question. Suppose we hadn't signed Bledsoe, that we'd let him walk this offseason. That would mean Dragic was our starting PG and primary ball-handler. His numbers would probably be higher than they are now. But he'd still be an impending unrestricted free agent. And these kinds of rumors about other teams wanting to throw money at him, they might still be swirling.

Would that situation be better than where we are right now? Would Dragic have basically been able to force us to max him out so we wouldn't lose him? Would that have been good for the team?
Definitely. Instead you pissed him off. Bad business.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:Here's an interesting question. Suppose we hadn't signed Bledsoe, that we'd let him walk this offseason. That would mean Dragic was our starting PG and primary ball-handler. His numbers would probably be higher than they are now. But he'd still be an impending unrestricted free agent.
No. Bledsoe would be playing for us on the qualifying offer, and they would both be impending unrestricted free agents.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:In fact, why would anyone want to trade for him mid season unless they are throwing away picks and fighting for a ring this year?
It's why Houston is the only real team that makes any sense. They will then have the ability to go over the cap to sign him in the Summer.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:In fact, why would anyone want to trade for him mid season unless they are throwing away picks and fighting for a ring this year?
It's why Houston is the only real team that makes any sense. They will then have the ability to go over the cap to sign him in the Summer.
What about Indiana?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:No matter how the Dragic situation plays out some people who don't like Ryan will find fault in what he does.
There's only one poster for which that statement is true. Stop painting with a broad brush.
Really? Cause there is 3 off the top of my head I can think of.
Last edited by Sunsfan4life on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

re the lakers signing goran to a 20 mil/yr deal... i'll believe it when i see it.

SDC

Post by SDC »

one last thing, why do i get the sense that the end is near for our mcdo?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I still want to know what these teams are offering.