Suns News: Week 17 2/16-2/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Suns News: Week 17 2/16-2/22

Post by Shabazz »

A couple of things I wanted to clarify about my position, which I think looked a little too anti-Dragic last night:

- I like Goran a lot
- I think he's a really good basketball player
- I'd like the Suns to move IT and work it out with Dragic
- I think he has every right to be very frustrated with the personnel moves from this summer
- I don't think he should have emotionally let it get to the point of no return
- If every member of the Spurs, the LeBron era Heat, the current Cavs, etc. can sacrifice a little personal glory and adjust their games for the good of the team, I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder why Dragic can't do the same if he's in a successful situation (with EB, but no IT).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:The all-star game is a popularity contest, but, I agree that 20 mill is too much for him and Bledsoe to be on the same together.
If that's the case, then he will have a better chance becoming an all-star on a team in a bigger market where he is running his team without competition from 3 other pgs.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

iLLmatic wrote:After sleeping on it last night I'm still more pissed at the Suns front office which allowed for this situation to progress as it has, but I think Goran shares blame in it. He won't even give the Suns a chance to rectify the issue and simply says that trust is irrevocable and wants to be traded. To top it off, he's requesting to be traded to one of our most hated rivals in the Lakers.
I think signing Zoran may of actually had a negative effect on the situation too. He doesn't get PT with us and he obviously thinks hes better then the D-League, so that may of caused some hard feelings.

Dragic isn't worth 20mil a year.....he just isn't. He isn't 6mil better then Eric Bledsoe. He isn't 13mil more better then IT. He isn't worth more then Curry he isn't worth 5mil more then Klay Thompson. IMO, He is at his peak, but he won't put up better #'s then he did last yr. I love the guy to death, but I am surprised he is playing the "big market/I want to be the man" card. I am surprised he making this so public, and I am probably most surprised he is taking this "I don't want to play with another star guard" stance. Not only eric...but supposedly he doesn't want to go to Houston cause of Harden.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Shabazz wrote:A couple of things I wanted to clarify about my position, which I think looked a little too anti-Dragic last night:

- I like Goran a lot
- I think he has every right to be very frustrated with the personnel moves from this summer
- If every member of the Spurs, the LeBron era Heat, the current Cavs, etc. can sacrifice a little personal glory and adjust their games for the good of the team, I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder why Dragic can't do the same if he's in a successful situation (with EB, but no IT).
Nothing wrong with your stance Bazz. I agree with it almost 100%. Its hard to deal Dragic and not be pissed about it at the front office/Team, but he really seems like he rather be the man then have a shot at a championship. I hope he gets to do both, I'd love to see him wound up in Indiana this off-season because they have a really likeable team.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Does anyone know his list of 5 teams?

I've heard Miami,New York, and LA. He doesn't want to go to Houston or Sacramento.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/568117833449791489

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I heard no on Houston, don't know about Sac though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Good for Ryan. "I want out but please only trade me to these 3 teams". Yea it doesn't work like that. You can pick your team this summer if u want to.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I love Goran Dragic and wish he would be here for years to come. But you just can't pay him $20m a year. If that's what he and his agent want or expect, you have to toss him for whatever assets you can get. It's that simple.

Cap

Post by Cap »

We've asked Zoran to go to the D League and he refuses utterly.
What. The. Fuck.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:A couple of things I wanted to clarify about my position, which I think looked a little too anti-Dragic last night:

- I like Goran a lot
Much better take.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think i read that Dragic is hesitant about Houston because of their track record of signing guys and then flipping them for an "upgrade". Poetic justice.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:I think i read that Dragic is hesitant about Houston because of their track record of signing guys and then flipping them for an "upgrade". Poetic justice.
Yes, combined with Harden & Beverly already being there. Views it as the same situation with Harden in the Bledsoe role and Beverly in the IT role.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:
What. The. Fuck.
I asked this of someone on the other forum. Anyone remember the reason Goran was shipped out to Houston in the 1st place? It's been 3 full years so I wouldn't blame you for forgetting. Anyway, do you think some of that may be going on again, only this time with Zoran? Something seems off to me. This doesn't seem like the Goran "we know." As much as you can really know a professional athlete.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Cap wrote:
What. The. Fuck.

The Zoran thing is underrated in all this. Stein says Zoran not earning minutes has frustrated Goran. I really think that has a bigger effect then we all know.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:
What. The. Fuck.
I asked this of someone on the other forum. Anyone remember the reason Goran was shipped out to Houston in the 1st place? It's been 3 full years so I wouldn't blame you for forgetting. Anyway, do you think some of that may be going on again, only this time with Zoran? Something seems off to me. This doesn't seem like the Goran "we know." As much as you can really know a professional athlete.
Cut his foot on glass or something from a party was the rumor. I don't know if it was ever confirmed.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... #p42716113
Just like its being reported, the two teams that are front runners right now are the Celtics and Rockets.. However, don't count out the Knicks. I keep hearing that they're trying their best to get involved but they don't have ANYTHING the Suns want or even like...

Do not count out the Pacers..
It would be hilarious if Dragic ends up being traded to a non-playoff team outside his list of teams.

carey

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote: Cut his foot on glass or something from a party was the rumor. I don't know if it was ever confirmed.
Yep, it was reported there was a lot of heavy drinking from his crew at the time. I don't know if that's what is going on at all, I just think some weirdness outside of the team atmosphere might help explain the sudden shift in his attitude. I do think the on court stuff is a big deal though. When a team no longer allows you to use your best skill it can be a problem with any player. Especially in a contract year with big money on the horizon.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Out of all the teams mentioned the Celtics are probabaly the team that intrigues me the most. Jared Sullinger....I'd love to get my hands on him. They also have a big expiring in Marcus Thorton we could use in order to shed Tucker if thats the route we want to go and finally they have about 100 first rd picks. Others are higher then Olynak on this board then I am, but he's also a young piece that could be included.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

If you're targeting Dragic, the last thing you trade is your Frye clone.

Sullinger and two firsts would be awesome. The Celtics could then move a pick for Tobias Harris and run Dragic-Smart-Harris-Olynyk-Zeller. That's a solid squad in the east.