2024 Suns Offseason: Where do we go from here?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: 2024 Suns Offseason: Where do we go from here?

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm seeing on social media that Cam Payne is tweeting or Instaing or whatevering about the Dbacks. I would love to bring him back if he'll come cheap. He has major flaws but was a good soldier, a decent passer / facilitator, and a good chemistry and energy guy. Plus he seemed genuinely happy in Phoenix and would give us his all. I'd strongly support bring him back next year.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

I never got the Cam Payne thing.
Last edited by SunsSince92 on Mon May 13, 2024 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:24 am
SunsSince92 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:01 am
Agreed. We 'should' trade Durant but in reality we'll run it back with a different coach and a new supporting cast of vet minimums.
If it were up to me, I would trade Durant (and maybe others like Nurk or Grayson). I wouldn't trade Booker personally.

But I can understand why the team wants to give it another year. Vogel wasn't an ideal fit for this roster, and we now know a lot more about how this team can go wrong. There is some validity to the thinking that another year of continuity / chemistry, plus Coach Bud, plus a thoughtful set of bench / depth signings, plus maybe a trade or two, plus running 100% of the offense through Eubanks, could yield a much better result in the coming year.

IMO the biggest fear is the risk of injury, especially to Durant. I know last year felt like we had a bunch of injuries, but actually outside of Beal we were quite healthy, specifically guys like KD and Nurkic who have often missed large stretches of the season but played almost 100% of last season. We may not be so blessed next time. It will be hard to improve on last year's record if, say, KD or Book misses a big stretch of games.
Yes, I'd also run 100% of the offense through Eubanks. The guy has huge untapped potential and could legit become the next Jake Tsakalidis if given the chance. Signing Eric Gordon and giving him license to jack up 3's from literally anywhere on the court is also an absolute must if we want to get to that magic 40 3PA per game that will guarantee us a championship :twisted:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:42 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:24 am
SunsSince92 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:01 am
Agreed. We 'should' trade Durant but in reality we'll run it back with a different coach and a new supporting cast of vet minimums.
If it were up to me, I would trade Durant (and maybe others like Nurk or Grayson). I wouldn't trade Booker personally.

But I can understand why the team wants to give it another year. Vogel wasn't an ideal fit for this roster, and we now know a lot more about how this team can go wrong. There is some validity to the thinking that another year of continuity / chemistry, plus Coach Bud, plus a thoughtful set of bench / depth signings, plus maybe a trade or two, plus running 100% of the offense through Eubanks, could yield a much better result in the coming year.

IMO the biggest fear is the risk of injury, especially to Durant. I know last year felt like we had a bunch of injuries, but actually outside of Beal we were quite healthy, specifically guys like KD and Nurkic who have often missed large stretches of the season but played almost 100% of last season. We may not be so blessed next time. It will be hard to improve on last year's record if, say, KD or Book misses a big stretch of games.
Yes, I'd also run 100% of the offense through Eubanks. The guy has huge untapped potential and could legit become the next Jake Tsakalidis if given the chance. Signing Eric Gordon and giving him license to jack up 3's from literally anywhere on the court is also an absolute must if we want to get to that magic 40 3PA per game that will guarantee us a championship :twisted:
Finally. NOW we are getting somewhere!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I laughed

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, was wondering if you guys would catch it.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Suns traded for David Roddy.

My question is will he ever develop ? Will he get minutes ? Can he just be a facilitator for this team and bring the ball up to set up KD, Book, and Beal ? Will he be traded ?

I can't wait for the offseason to begin.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Well then...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:27 pm

Well then...
Alrighty then! Good to have that answered. Now we can get back to Cleveland trade scenarios where we magically acquire Garland.

"Be Legendary."

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Shabazz wrote:

Well then...
Doesn't mean that there is no scenario in which Devin Booker, Kevin Durant OR Bradley Beal would be traded this offseason.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:

Well then...
Well they were surely never going to trade all of them.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:37 pm
Shabazz wrote:

Well then...
Well they were surely never going to trade all of them.
You cracked the code!

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"Baby, there's no scenario in which I would have slept with Cheryl, Susan, AND Jennifer!"

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:56 am

My question is will he ever develop ? Will he get minutes ? Can he just be a facilitator for this team and bring the ball up to set up KD, Book, and Beal ? Will he be traded ?
I've wondered about Roddy too. But he isn't a facilitator.

I think he could be contributor for us, but he also may not fit with the rest of the pieces we have. Also, if Royce is retained, Roddy will be stuck behind him.

Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I like having the option of having a big like Nurk, especially when going up against Denver, but I also think the Suns would be better off at center with Mo Bamba and/or Andre Drummond.

There is a lot pieces on the roster that need to be cleared out. It doesn't make any sense to have Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Grayson Allen, Eric Gordon, and Damion Lee. Beal, Book, and Allen will/should stay, Lee can be the locker room vet or whatever, so I think the odd man out is Gordon. I think he'll opt in, after which the Suns should move him. Trade him to Denver for Jalen Pickett and Hunter Tyson.

I'd like to end the Saben Lee experiment. Replace him with Killian Hayes.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:10 pm
Uncle_Gene wrote:

I think he could be contributor for us, but he also may not fit with the rest of the pieces we have. Also, if Royce is retained, Roddy will be stuck behind him.
That's the funny part about it. The Suns are strapped for cash. They may have to develop him or trade him for another point guard. This offseason will be interesting.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 7:03 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:10 pm
Uncle_Gene wrote:

That's the funny part about it. The Suns are strapped for cash. They may have to develop him or trade him for another point guard. This offseason will be interesting.
Fix the backcourt! :P (AND the paint!)

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:18 pm
I like having the option of having a big like Nurk, especially when going up against Denver, but I also think the Suns would be better off at center with Mo Bamba and/or Andre Drummond.

There is a lot pieces on the roster that need to be cleared out. It doesn't make any sense to have Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Grayson Allen, Eric Gordon, and Damion Lee. Beal, Book, and Allen will/should stay, Lee can be the locker room vet or whatever, so I think the odd man out is Gordon. I think he'll opt in, after which the Suns should move him. Trade him to Denver for Jalen Pickett and Hunter Tyson.

I'd like to end the Saben Lee experiment. Replace him with Killian Hayes.
Don't worry. One of these seasons, he's going to be great :roll: We already have a better version of Bamba on the roster in Bol Bol. It's a shame Frank the Idiot played him as sporadic as he did.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Bol Bol isn't a Center.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »