2024 Playoffs: Around the League Round 2 (Conf Semis) News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2024 Playoffs: Around the League Round 2 (Conf Semis) News Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:35 pm
Jokic just slapping his meat all over Goberts face. What a quarter that was.
Wednesday is a holiday for Buddha's birthday over here in Korea so I hosted some friends to watch the games today, one of which is a Nuggets fan from Denver. I don't really care who wins this series but I was vicariously rooting for the Nuggets through him and it made me realize Jokic is both the player I love and hate the most. I love him because he's amazing when he's on your side and hate him because he's not.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:52 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:43 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:33 am
The Thunder are super corny, and Dallas lost that game by not being able to make their free throws. I'm not a supporter of the foul merchant.
Corny? Yeah, Dallas didn't help themselves. Poor babies.
The whole team needs to be standing behind the one player that is being interviewed after the game? It's Harry High School stuff.
Feeling some type of way about how NBA 20-somethings harmlessly celebrate their success is corny.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Wolves are completely cooked without Mike Conley. I'm not at all surprised by the result of Game 5.

That's not to say the Wolves would've won if Conley played, they just had essentially no chance of winning without him.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:28 am
TOO wrote:
Wednesday is a holiday for Buddha's birthday over here in Korea so I hosted some friends to watch the games today, one of which is a Nuggets fan from Denver. I don't really care who wins this series but I was vicariously rooting for the Nuggets through him and it made me realize Jokic is both the player I love and hate the most. I love him because he's amazing when he's on your side and hate him because he's not.
But let’s just throw away all our draft picks because you can never get anyone who helps your team anyway….

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gladiator wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:38 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
TOO wrote:
But let’s just throw away all our draft picks because you can never get anyone who helps your team anyway….
Hold on now.

You can only make this argument if you're going to vouch for the hundreds of second round picks who never did a thing in the league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:33 am
The Wolves are completely cooked without Mike Conley. I'm not at all surprised by the result of Game 5.

That's not to say the Wolves would've won if Conley played, they just had essentially no chance of winning without him.
Obviously impossible to happen for so many reasons but Conley would be just about the perfect guard off the bench for us- he would close a lot of games, steady us when we need it, get great shots for the rest of the team when he’s on court and step up as a starter when one of our big 3 was injured.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:39 am
Gladiator wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:38 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
TOO wrote:
Hold on now.

You can only make this argument if you're going to vouch for the hundreds of second round picks who never did a thing in the league.
I was more thinking our first round pick this year when I wrote that, but fair point. I guess my big picture point is that you need to take some of those long shots and if one happens to hit it changes everything. I’m not against trading picks but I don’t like trading picks being the default.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

There are only a few Point Guards that I believe could be successful in a starting lineup with Booker and Beal, and Conley is one of them. Of course their collective defense would be an issue, but Conley could offset that with offense in a way I wouldn't trust with most other Point Guards.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:32 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:52 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:43 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:33 am
The Thunder are super corny, and Dallas lost that game by not being able to make their free throws. I'm not a supporter of the foul merchant.
Corny? Yeah, Dallas didn't help themselves. Poor babies.
The whole team needs to be standing behind the one player that is being interviewed after the game? It's Harry High School stuff.
Feeling some type of way about how NBA 20-somethings harmlessly celebrate their success is corny.
You worrying about how I feel about corny shit is corny. I may be the only one here that thinks it, but I'm not the only person that thinks this. I never said they couldn't do it, but I'm not going to change my mind that it's corny af.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Folks were digging a hole to bury the Nugs after going down 0-2, but now they're in total command of their series. Really impressive comeback for them, showing a lot of poise and not giving up. Jokic is so awesome. When he's got it going he is almost unstoppable. I love watching him because he's such a great passer. Almost every game he'll have at least one pass that makes you go, "How the hell did he find that angle?" I love the way he hurls the ball at weird angles and spins with his big bear paws. Anyway, looks like DEN is in the driver's seat; I think they look better than OKC or DAL right now, but it would be an interesting WCF either way.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

My Wolves $25 bet to win the championship after game 2 can now be cashed out for $2 and change. :P
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 10:02 am
My Wolves $25 bet to win the championship after game 2 can now be cashed out for $2 and change. :P
Damn, what a waste of $23. That could get you a snack at a game.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Cap wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:34 pm
Superbone wrote:
Or a bottled water.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:03 pm
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Or a bottled water.
I didn't cash it out so the extra $2 would have covered the sales tax.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Airplane Mode has turned himself into a pretty nice player.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wish we could get him back

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, another good player we let through our grasp. What was up with Melton this year? He still playing well?

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

He got hurt and didn’t really play the 2nd half of the season. Payne took his minutes in Philly

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 10:11 am
Yep, another good player we let through our grasp.
He was with the Suns 6 years ago and only recently started to both play well consistently and avoid injury. Of course he'd be better than a lot of the Suns role players, but it's not as if they dumped him last summer or something. He was on 3 other teams after the Suns before finally landing in Dallas.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:08 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:03 pm
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Or a bottled water.
I didn't cash it out so the extra $2 would have covered the sales tax.
Now worth $6.68. Get it while it’s hot!

"Be Legendary."