2024 Suns General Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2024 Suns General Offseason News

Post by TOO »

Watching Bobby Marks talk is like doing homework when you're in highschool, I don't wanna.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 5:15 pm
Watching Bobby Marks talk is like doing homework when you're in highschool, I don't wanna.
I was nodding off about half way through. Thought I was missing something.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

The question is : would you prefer have Myles Turner or Nurkic + Allen (+ Little)?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Turner alone wouldn't have been enough to match salaries.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They had cap space though…Turner and Hield would’ve been nice

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That's true about their cap space. I'm glad we didn't end up with Hield. I think his best days are well behind him he made nearly $20M this season. McConnell, on the other hand...

Regardless, they stayed patient and ended up with a much better player in Siakam.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Looks bad now because the Pacers are winning and Turner's numbers have jumped up but the league was down on Turner at the time. He was a 12 and 7 guy whereas DA was a double double big with all that untapped potential.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Yea McConnell is just killing it. Really wished we could have snagged him at some point.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hunter + McConnell would have been a great haul for DA. But maybe Indiana never offered that. As it is, even though folks are a bit down on Nurk because of his poor playoff performance, getting (Nurk + Allen) for DA is a pretty good return. Allen was a breath of fresh air for us last year, a starter who gave us the best 3pt% in the league. And Nurk, while flawed, helped us run our offense, stayed healthy all year, and was another starter we got in the trade. Getting two starters for a pouting DA is not the worst outcome.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Do you mean Turner + McConnell?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 12:16 am
Life comes at you fast.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:44 am
Hunter + McConnell would have been a great haul for DA. But maybe Indiana never offered that. As it is, even though folks are a bit down on Nurk because of his poor playoff performance, getting (Nurk + Allen) for DA is a pretty good return. Allen was a breath of fresh air for us last year, a starter who gave us the best 3pt% in the league. And Nurk, while flawed, helped us run our offense, stayed healthy all year, and was another starter we got in the trade. Getting two starters for a pouting DA is not the worst outcome.
Nurk and Allen were the two most enjoyable players to watch last season. Watching Book and KD just iso late in the shot clock is awful (although it got 48 wins and 6th seed). The offense being so predictable for defenses was the worst. It was a decent haul. Although I am cool if Nurk is used to fetch a player that helps the team.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:44 am
I was generally happy with Nurk. He is what he is. A big lumbering guy with very good passing ability. I like his effort. I just wish he'd quit falling to the floor and looking for fouls. Work on his skills around the basket rather than just throwing it up there and hoping for a foul.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Minnesota ignored him in the playoffs though and he couldn’t do anything about it…that will just happen again. Seems fine for the regular season, but he’s not a starter level 5 in the playoffs.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Same as any other supporting player, he relies on the system and his teammates to make him a threat.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

TOO

Post by TOO »

I wonder what the name is gonna be? Pretty sure we can rule out Cavaliers.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:48 am
Same as any other supporting player, he relies on the system and his teammates to make him a threat.
The problem is they just ignored him when he was the roll man. Rudy who historically loves playing in drop came up higher on screens to take away the pull up and Nurk couldn’t do anything when he got the pass. He is a poor finisher and slow to even get shots up, so Rudy could always get back to him. He’s an absolute zero as a lob threat…Eubanks actually played ok because he can finish at the rim if it’s left open, which it was often to keep Book/KD from just getting to their mid range game whenever they wanted.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 1:12 pm
I wonder what the name is gonna be? Pretty sure we can rule out Cavaliers.
Phoenix Ironsides would be a great way to take a shot at the Cavs! 🤣🤣 Points to any historians that can figure it out!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton