Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Post by Shabazz »

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/568473497850269698

One of the worst things about being a sports fan. Being at the mercy of the emotional whims of billionaires.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Ouch

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote: Also saying Sarver's pissed and won't accommodate the trade request.
Don't be stupid (or petty) Sarver.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

:lol: That'll show em who's boss Bobby. Lets lose him for nothing instead.

BearHoward

Post by BearHoward »

Thanks Robert. After so much success in business, its surprising he still lets his emotions get the best of him.... Letting Goran leave this summer for nothing doesn't help the Suns. Unless he thinks he can somehow convince him to stay. Seems petty and vengeful to me.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I would rather let him walk and have the cap space than take back a couple of contracts we don't want (NY) or a couple of far-distant, heavily-protected draft choices (Miami).

And there's always the possibility of a S&T in the summer.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I was thinking about our offense, and in Dragic's defense, when the 3 point guards are out there it's a little ridiculous how it's basically IT and Bledsoe taking turns (about 60% IT) initiating offense while Dragic stands by. That's a very poor use of resources.

On the other hand, Goran, if you're the supposed leader/star PG/best PG on the team, be aggressive and go get the damn ball. You think Westbrook would stand by while Reggie Jackson and Waiters took turns driving into traffic?
So, just ignore Hornacek?
It's supposedly what everyone else does.
+1

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think that Sarver (if that tweet is true)believes that he has a good enough relationship with Goran that he can convince him to stay, and will do that by showing him in trades and money that things will get better here. So, the IT to Detroit trade might be the most likely.

I fall on the side that the Suns still need to be gutted. Play the young guys and the ones with a future. Record at this point be damned.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The Bobster wrote:...a couple of far-distant, heavily-protected draft choices (Miami)...And there's always the possibility of a S&T in the summer.
Are the picks heavily protected? And I wouldn't count on a sign and trade. The Knicks and Lakers can sign him straight up, and Dragic can't get a 5th year in a sign and trade under the current CBA. Plus, he's not going to cooperate in working a sign and trade after the Suns failed to move him.

Trade him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote: I fall on the side that the Suns still need to be gutted.
Yep. But it's amateur hour, and has been for several years now.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Shabazz wrote:

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/568473497850269698

One of the worst things about being a sports fan. Being at the mercy of the emotional whims of billionaires.
This might just be genius.

Sarver started off really rough as an owner but he was new to it. He made a lot of mistakes and probably trusted the wrong people. Lately though he has been pretty solid and has done a good pretty good job of letting the right people do their thing. He still has that reputation though of doing stupid things.

This might just be Babby pulling some strings. Nothing like sitting down at the negotiating table and throwing your hands up in the air and telling the other team that "Sarver is mad and stubborn and won't listen to sense but maybe if you upped your offer just a little more I coiuld convince him".

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

EDC wrote: This might just be Babby pulling some strings. Nothing like sitting down at the negotiating table and throwing your hands up in the air and telling the other team that "Sarver is mad and stubborn and won't listen to sense but maybe if you upped your offer just a little more maybe I can convince him".
I think that's overplaying their hand.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I can just see Sarver stomping around the office like richy rich or something lol.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

So sarver is the one holding up the trade with miami..I'm beginning to think we need more than just a new front office.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

@SeanDeveney @Suns- Dragic on 12/3/14 "I'm really happy here and I think it's a great situation here for me."

So your telling me this was just a lie? or did something happen between this quote and now.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

So we keep Goran and trade Thomas or...? We cant just stand pat.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:@SeanDeveney @Suns- Dragic on 12/3/14 "I'm really happy here and I think it's a great situation here for me."

So your telling me this was just a lie? or did something happen between this quote and now.
Good question.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So we keep Goran and trade Thomas or...? We cant just stand pat.
Standing pat would be the wrong move...so count on that happening.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:So sarver is the one holding up the trade with miami..I'm beginning to think we need more than just a new front office.
Sarver has gotten better but substantial blunders have been the norm throughout his entire ownership, and he's the only constant. No franchise is perfect, and no one gets everything right, but this franchise continues to set itself back nearly every offseason and can't get out of its own way.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So we keep Goran and trade Thomas or...? We cant just stand pat.
Standing pat would be the wrong move...so count on that happening.
:lol: