Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Post by LazarusLong »

INFORMER wrote:
EDC wrote: This might just be Babby pulling some strings. Nothing like sitting down at the negotiating table and throwing your hands up in the air and telling the other team that "Sarver is mad and stubborn and won't listen to sense but maybe if you upped your offer just a little more maybe I can convince him".
I think that's overplaying their hand.

If Babby is involved too much, I cringe.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So we keep Goran and trade Thomas or...? We cant just stand pat.
Standing pat would be the wrong move...so count on that happening.
Yikes
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

He's done a better job of letting the FO handle the operations, but here he is again, front and center. He just can't help himself.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So we keep Goran and trade Thomas or...? We cant just stand pat.
Standing pat would be the wrong move...so count on that happening.
Yikes
If we all thought the chemistry was bad before, just wait how the team looks with dragic. I was already losing interest in this season leading up to all star break, if no move is made i think I'm done for this year.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Nothing too new here:
The only reason to not trade him now is if you believe he'll change his mind and not be able to leave that extra $20 million on the table when push comes to shove this summer.

If there's really no hope that he'll re-sign, the only reason to hang on to him is to deny him that $20 million out of spite.

It sounds like there's no hope in him re-signing, and yet the Suns are reportedly not going to trade him.

According to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski, Sarver and his management staff felt "blindsided" by the trade request, especially since it came just 48 hours before Thursday's trade deadline.

Dragic, for his part, is mad too. At a press conference on Wednesday he said, "I don't trust them anymore. It happens too many times. Two, three times they give promises."

Since Dragic joined Phoenix, the Suns have consistently brought in other point guards. They traded for Eric Bledsoe, signed Thomas, and drafted Tyler Ennis. Dragic has apparently had enough.

It's an ugly situation. But even if Sarver is infuriated that Dragic has all the power here, the only rational move is to trade him.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phoenix-su ... 00282.html
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

iLLmatic wrote:He's done a better job of letting the FO handle the operations, but here he is again, front and center. He just can't help himself.
In his defense, the only reason Dragic is here is because he got involved and went over Blanks's head. I believe Lance wanted Ray Felton instead.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

IraHeatBeat: ESPN reporting Heat's pitch for Goran Dragic is Norris Cole, Josh McRoberts, Birdman and two first-round picks.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:He's done a better job of letting the FO handle the operations, but here he is again, front and center. He just can't help himself.
In his defense, the only reason Dragic is here is because he got involved and went over Blanks's head. I believe Lance wanted Ray Felton instead.

I think that is accurate. Glad we didn't get Felton...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I've been impressed with him as of late. He's stepped in when he needed to and stayed out of it when he should, like when he stepped in and signed Dragic, while the previous FO was trying to sign Felton. Also, when he fired Blanks and his buddy. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt.(I can't believe I would say that, after he ruined my favorite SSOL team(s)).
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

I wish we could grab Deng from the Heat, but so far it's the best offer we heard about.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:IraHeatBeat: ESPN reporting Heat's pitch for Goran Dragic is Norris Cole, Josh McRoberts, Birdman and two first-round picks.
Now I understand why a deal isn't getting done. Birdman is a non-starter. McRoberts contract is a non-starter.

It has to be Deng/Cole/Ennis/1st rounder for Dragic/Dragic/Tucker.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The Protection on those picks are key. Those players don't impress me, but its better then nothing.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
But he signed off on Blanks in the first place.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Suns have no leverage. Heat won't give up Deng. The best hope is to drag a 3rd team into it and I think thats what might be happening. The Pistons for whatever reason are hot for Cole it seems.
Last edited by Sunsfan4life on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Yeah well blanks was a moron. Any person with eyes could see that dragic was a better player than felton.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/568486776337268736

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
Suns, I'm told, still engaging with other teams on Goran Dragic deal ... but Miami's offer (two first-round picks) has Heat in the lead

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

In2ition wrote:
I've been impressed with him as of late. He's stepped in when he needed to and stayed out of it when he should, like when he stepped in and signed Dragic, while the previous FO was trying to sign Felton. Also, when he fired Blanks and his buddy. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt.(I can't believe I would say that, after he ruined my favorite SSOL team(s)).
His bad choices still outweigh the good.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think if you can get two 1st-round picks from Miami and not take back a bunch of long-term salary, you have to take it. That's a GREAT return on a three-month rental of a decent but not All-Star PG.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Trade him please.. do not lose him for no compensation.