Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Re: Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Wally_West wrote:Any chance we waive granger, thornton or Salmons?
Our crowd will certainly be doing the wa(i)ve more often now.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:So Knight doesn't like playing the off-guard...I felt like we already went through this??
According to whom?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Question for the masses, assuming Knight and Bledsoe stay together (as well as healthy), is that a backcourt that can take us anywhere?

It's to early to tell how they'll play together but it can, just depends what they put around them I think. They still need more up front and it depends how Len devolpes.

Also I'm curious to those who know about Knight what they think he is worth on the market this off-season.

BTW, I think Ryan got exactly what he wanted from IT. Basically signing him this off-season got him an extra first rd pick. He'll get the cap space back this off-season once thorton expires, its just he didn't anticipate the negative effect it would have on Dragic.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

You would think anyone on an expiring deal that we don't intend to re-sign would be waived if only to open up PT for the young guys.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think Salmons might get waived. Granger will ride the bench. Thornton may be in the rotation.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 are gone.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:So Knight doesn't like playing the off-guard...I felt like we already went through this??
According to whom?

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/568506287379648512

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

INFORMER wrote:
According to whom?
Gambo.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
According to whom?

Gambo just said it, but I tend to agree more with INF, he's more of a combo guard and he's big enough to play the 2. I dunno what his preference is, but he has played plenty of 2 before.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Question for the masses, assuming Knight and Bledsoe stay together (as well as healthy), is that a backcourt that can take us anywhere?
Sure, if we can get a PF who can rebound and Len develops into a 15/11 C.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/568505190015348736

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/568502394528645120

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/568507889733615616

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/568509455475687424

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Bickley and Marotta doing damage control right now.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote: BTW, I think Ryan got exactly what he wanted from IT. Basically signing him this off-season got him an extra first rd pick. He'll get the cap space back this off-season once thorton expires, its just he didn't anticipate the negative effect it would have on Dragic.
Extra first round pick? The Suns sent out the Laker pick and the one they ended up with will undoubtedly be worse.

If Ryan signed Thomas just to land a late first rounder, then this regime is taking the Suns anywhere.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Knight is much better than a backup IMO.
That isn't opinion. Calling Knight a backup is just silly.
Like I said, I haven't seen enough of him in a few years. I wasn't impressed at the time. I defer to all of you.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

For some reason, I just imagined Lon Babby singing "the wheels on the bus" on the team bus just now...

... Shiver me timbers!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

We're really thin up front.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
According to whom?

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/568506287379648512

Well hopefully this will motivate Ryan to deal Bledsoe on draft night. Get over it Ryan.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:We're really thin up front.
it's the motion of the ocean not the size of the boat...

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:We're really thin up front.
All we need are the Morris Twins. FOE.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote: BTW, I think Ryan got exactly what he wanted from IT. Basically signing him this off-season got him an extra first rd pick. He'll get the cap space back this off-season once thorton expires, its just he didn't anticipate the negative effect it would have on Dragic.
Extra first round pick? The Suns sent out the Laker pick and the one they ended up with will undoubtedly be worse.

If Ryan signed Thomas just to land a late first rounder, then this regime is taking the Suns anywhere.
They got a 1st rd pick for thomas. They pick they sent out was to get knight. They could of done 1 move without the other. Weren't you all for the thomas signing when it happened? Saying it was a great value....and this is what Mcdonaugh had in mind, they could get value for thomas if it did not work out....and it didn't.

In the scheme of things they actually picked up 2 extra picks. I'm no board with you that I hate sneding away the lakers pick, I don't like it at all...but lets not ignore facts. IT was dealt for a 1st was he not?