Favorite Current Sun

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Who is your favorite sun currently on the roster?

Kieff
3%
P.J. Tucker
No votes
Len
37%
Bledsoe
13%
Warren
7%
Gerald Green
27%
Goodwin
3%
Knight
7%
Other
3%

Total votes: 30

Sunsfan4life

Re: Favorite Current Sun

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Leandro Barbosa was also one of my favorite suns. Loved LB. He just had such a very low Bball IQ for a PG. He thrived playing next to Nash but I would cringe when he ran the point.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I love when Green mean mugs and by all accounts his personality his very friendly and fun loving. But out of everyone on the court he drives me the most nuts because I think his Bball IQ is so low.
It may be low from a league perspective, but with Goran gone he might be top 3 on the team. That's fucking scary.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Haha...you know what you may be right. I trust Bledsoe more then him and Knight seems like a pretty smart Bball Player. Our bigs leave a lot to be desired in terms of shot selection/decision making. Tucker and Mook Morris especially.

I think this yr Tucker has tried to do more offensively which has resulted in alot of over dribbling and questionable shots from him.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't think he necessarily has a low IQ, it's not great by any means, but it appears low because of his slightly irrational confidence in himself. Which I'm ok with when it means he takes a few bad shots because his confidence is very valuable to his game. It's a little frustrating when he thinks he can play point guard.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I was like 10 at the time cut me a break haha. I loved him during the 2003 season, even got his jersey.
Same here.

I've had four Suns jerseys. Penny, Marbury, Nash, Dragic.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Leandro Barbosa was also one of my favorite suns. Loved LB. He just had such a very low Bball IQ for a PG. He thrived playing next to Nash but I would cringe when he ran the point.
One aspect that has gone under the radar is that after the moves our bball IQ has not improved. That's an area that needs a ton of work.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:I was like 10 at the time cut me a break haha. I loved him during the 2003 season, even got his jersey.
Same here.

KJ, Kidd, Marion, Thomas

... just kidding about Thomas

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Favorite All-Time Suns -

Paul Westphal
Kevin Johnson
Ron Lee
Leandro Barbosa
Larry Nance
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

The Bobster wrote:Favorite All-Time Suns -

Paul Westphal
Kevin Johnson
Ron Lee
Leandro Barbosa
Larry Nance
If ya don't mind me asking, what put barbosa on that list for you?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:

Paul Westphal
Kevin Johnson
Ron Lee
Leandro Barbosa
Larry Nance
Barbosa played with a certain enthusiasm that was infectious. You don't see many players who go out there and have fun without chest-thumping and scowling nowadays.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Paul Westphal
Kevin Johnson
Ron Lee
Leandro Barbosa
Larry Nance
No Nash? Interesting.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

OE32 wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Same here.

KJ, Kidd, Marion, Thomas

... just kidding about Thomas
Wait...Tim or Kurt? haha.

Mine were KJ,Marbury,Amare,Nash (athentic). I know better though after Amare was dealt. I don't think I'll ever get another player jersey because everyone I get is dealt or leaves like a year or two after I get it. In every sport! The Nash jersey was a gift and is more of a collectors item.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Okay, I know some people are going to throw some rocks at me here. But I actually really like Markieff Morris. I don't think he is a franchise cornerstone or anything, but he's a lifelong Sun and I've enjoyed watching him improve from a guy you couldn't really leave on the court as a rookie into a guy who leads us in scoring and is pretty clutch at the end of games. I don't like everything about him, obviously; the technicals in particular are not cool, and he has holes in his game you could drive a truck through. But he's come a long way and we have him locked up for many years to come, if we want him. And I like watching him when he's "on".

I know a lot of folks here want us to ship him and his brother out, but I think we could still put a great team around him and Len as the starting 4/5. The real upgrade I want to see is not ditching Markieff and finding a new PF. It's finding a stud to start at SF who will round out the roster.

So, I'm the one vote for Markieff. *ducks* I guess it's a sign that I don't love the roster that Kieff is the guy I currently like best. I'm also pretty excited about Brandon Knight but that may just be the new car smell.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Most of the site and the Suns front office agrees with you, Mori.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Sunsfan4life wrote:

Paul Westphal
Kevin Johnson
Ron Lee
Leandro Barbosa
Larry Nance
No Nash? Interesting.
Nope - I lean towards the players of my youth. Walter Davis would make the list if it wasn't for the ugly separation.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The Bobster wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:

Paul Westphal
Kevin Johnson
Ron Lee
Leandro Barbosa
Larry Nance
Barbosa played with a certain enthusiasm that was infectious. You don't see many players who go out there and have fun without chest-thumping and scowling nowadays.
I loved Barbosa. His prime was ruined by Terry Porter (who didn't know substitutions were allowed in the first or third quarter) and a couple of flukey injuries. I always thought he took a little too much flack on this board for being a sensitive kid and for his "out of control drives," which were much less of a problem later in his Suns tenure.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Paul Westphal
Kevin Johnson
Ron Lee
Leandro Barbosa
Larry Nance

My list:

Connie Hawkins
Ron Lee
Amare' Stoudemire
Dick Van Arsdale
Jason Kidd/Steve Nash (tie)
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:Okay, I know some people are going to throw some rocks at me here. But I actually really like Markieff Morris. I don't think he is a franchise cornerstone or anything, but he's a lifelong Sun and I've enjoyed watching him improve from a guy you couldn't really leave on the court as a rookie into a guy who leads us in scoring and is pretty clutch at the end of games. I don't like everything about him, obviously; the technicals in particular are not cool, and he has holes in his game you could drive a truck through. But he's come a long way and we have him locked up for many years to come, if we want him. And I like watching him when he's "on".

I know a lot of folks here want us to ship him and his brother out, but I think we could still put a great team around him and Len as the starting 4/5. The real upgrade I want to see is not ditching Markieff and finding a new PF. It's finding a stud to start at SF who will round out the roster.

So, I'm the one vote for Markieff. *ducks* I guess it's a sign that I don't love the roster that Kieff is the guy I currently like best. I'm also pretty excited about Brandon Knight but that may just be the new car smell.
If only he rebounded on a consistent basis.

TOO

Post by TOO »

LazarusLong wrote:

Paul Westphal
Kevin Johnson
Ron Lee
Leandro Barbosa
Larry Nance

My list:

Connie Hawkins
Ron Lee
Amare' Stoudemire
Dick Van Arsdale
Jason Kidd/Steve Nash (tie)
Kidd
KJ
Nash
Marion

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I have a strong disdain for Kidd. That One Horse comment then flicking off the fans really stick in my crawl still.

My List:
1.KJ
2.Nash
3.Dan Langhi