Around the League: Week 19 3/2-3/8

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Around the League: Week 19 3/2-3/8

Post by carey »

Well damn. I was hoping that we would actually look at signing Wes Matthews in the off-season. I think he'd be an interesting player next to Bledsoe instead of Knight. Or as some of you would prefer, even Knight & Wes Matthews as a starting back court. If Matthews follows a similar timeline to Kobe (who tore his on April 20th of '13 and played his first game back on December 8th of 2013) he could possibly be back by the start of next Season or very shortly thereafter. Of course, you have no idea what kind of contract to give a 28 year old coming off of an achilles tear though and he doesn't really seem to fit in our youth movement, whatever that is.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:Well damn. I was hoping that we would actually look at signing Wes Matthews in the off-season. I think he'd be an interesting player next to Bledsoe instead of Knight. Or as some of you would prefer, even Knight & Wes Matthews as a starting back court. If Matthews follows a similar timeline to Kobe (who tore his on April 20th of '13 and played his first game back on December 8th of 2013) he could possibly be back by the start of next Season or very shortly thereafter. Of course, you have no idea what kind of contract to give a 28 year old coming off of an achilles tear though and he doesn't really seem to fit in our youth movement, whatever that is.
I don't think a 3&D guy is what you want alongside Bledsoe. While I was not in favor of keeping Dragic, I did emphasize that, because Bled is not a great playmaker, you probably want a playmaker next to him in the back court. INF suggested (unless I interpreted him incorrectly) the front office would be morons to adopt this sort of arrangement long-term, but I think it's optimal, given Bledsoe's skillset. I too worry about the lack of passing in our back court, especially given that we'll soon be introducing an elite cutter into our rotation who could really benefit from smart passing. But putting a 3&D guy next to Bled at the 2 would be the wrong direction, IMO. I think Knight fits our bill pretty well.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
SDC wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:If a guy is making about 50% of his shots, he can shoot 30 times. What the hell; he's getting to the FT line, too.
that's just a fluke, not the norm for westbrook. and it's against philly, who employs one of the worst defenses in the league, no wonder. and YET, they almost lost at home in OKC, with philly leading in the 4th.

rusty is playing as if his team is not blessed with talent from top to bottom. (even without durant).
You're not a fan. We get it. He could put up triple doubles consecutive until the season ends and propel his team to a playoff birth while detonating a bomb in an arena saving 18k+ lives and you'd hate.

Merriam Webster Dictionary defines Hater as the following:

Hater: noun. 1. SDC.

If you dig further seeking an adjective for SDC, you'll find troll.

In my early youth I was taught to never feed the troll. And yet, here I am on a regular basis.

Thankfully the percentage of population consisting of SDC's is minimal, usually found fornicating with members of the Tea Party.
I think you mean diffused. Well, I hope.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:By the way, I sure miss your "SpiveyIsGod" name.
I bequeathed Junior Spivey a diety after a season of moderate success. That's the definition of a fan(atic) right there! And kudos on remembering. That had to have been 10 years+ ago. It's amazing how long many of us have e-known each other.
Yeah, it has been a long e-time.

carey

Post by carey »

So, Jason Thomposon is about to become the all-time leader in Kings games played. He's kind of bummed about it: LINK
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Jason Thompson being the longest-tenured player for this version of the Kings is sort of like being the best pearl diver from Yuma ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:Jason Thompson being the longest-tenured player for this version of the Kings is sort of like being the best pearl diver from Yuma ...
So I read this post seeing the avatar I didn't recognize and not looking at the username. The first thing I said to myself was, "This new guy sounds like DC/Laz."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

LOL. The old Sun is LaMar Green, a backup center and forward circa '69-74.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, how can that be? Didn't Webber, Vlade, Mitch Richmond, anybody play more?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

C Webb was frequently injured in his Sacto days.

EDIT:

C Webb played 377 games as a King.
Divac -- 454
Ritchmond was close, with 517.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
SDC wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:If a guy is making about 50% of his shots, he can shoot 30 times. What the hell; he's getting to the FT line, too.
that's just a fluke, not the norm for westbrook. and it's against philly, who employs one of the worst defenses in the league, no wonder. and YET, they almost lost at home in OKC, with philly leading in the 4th.

rusty is playing as if his team is not blessed with talent from top to bottom. (even without durant).
You're not a fan. We get it. He could put up triple doubles consecutive until the season ends and propel his team to a playoff birth while detonating a bomb in an arena saving 18k+ lives and you'd hate.

In my early youth I was taught to never feed the troll. And yet, here I am on a regular basis.

Thankfully the percentage of population consisting of SDC's is minimal, usually found fornicating with members of the Tea Party.
I think you mean defused.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
SDC wrote:

I think you mean defused.
C'mon Cap, give me more credit than that!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I'm con-fused.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:Jason Thompson being the longest-tenured player for this version of the Kings is sort of like being the best pearl diver from Yuma ...
So I read this post seeing the avatar I didn't recognize and not looking at the username. The first thing I said to myself was, "This new guy sounds like DC/Laz."
I thought the exact same thing. I laughed out loud, but thought the same thing.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Classic Laz! :D
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Supe! going with the B-Knight avatar. That's McDonough-level commitment.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:Supe! going with the B-Knight avatar. That's McDonough-level commitment.
Why, is he paying 14m per season to have it there?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:Supe! going with the B-Knight avatar. That's McDonough-level commitment.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. ;)

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Why, is he paying 14m per season to have it there?
Not yet! I've got a 30 game rental.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. ;)
Plus, I can't beat your Len perfection in avatar form. :)

"Be Legendary."