First Round: Indiana Pacers (1) vs. Atlanta Hawks (8)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

First Round: Indiana Pacers (1) vs. Atlanta Hawks (8)

Post by INFORMER »

Over the season's first half, the top-seeded Pacers went 33-7. Over the second half, they were mostly mediocre and out of sync in going 23-19. But Indiana (56-26) did build a little momentum by winning its last two for its first two-game winning streak in a month.

The key to regaining their early-season form will be getting All-Star center Roy Hibbert back on track. He is shooting just 23.5 percent in April, is 1 of 16 from the field over the last two games and has averaged 3.2 rebounds over the last 13.

To advance, Indiana knows Hibbert must revert to last season's playoff form when he averaged 17.0 points and 9.9 rebounds and helped lead the Pacers to the Eastern Conference finals. Hibbert insists he will be that guy when this best-of-seven starts.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=400553057

Image Image
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Re: First Round: Indiana Pacers (1) vs. Atlanta Hawks (8)

Post by Mori Chu »

Yawn. Is there any more boring first-round series? (Maybe Heat-Bobcats?) The Hawks didn't even want to make the playoffs. And they'll soon be back out of them. Indiana has had a real malaise over them during the second half of the season, but Atlanta is a far inferior team. Also I think being in the "real season" will light a bit of a fire under the Pacers. I think they'll clobber 'em.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Fun/depressing fact: The Hawks have made the playoffs the last 7 seasons, the best in the East.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Yawn. Is there any more boring first-round series? (Maybe Heat-Bobcats?)
Probably not. I didn't bother recording this one. This highlights the weak East issue. The Hawks in the playoffs but not the exciting Suns? Pshaw.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Fun/depressing fact: The Hawks have made the playoffs the last 7 seasons, the best in the East.
And how many times have they advanced past the first round?

SDC

Post by SDC »

i wish the indiana was nosediving at the beginning of the season, so our pick number one.

carey

Post by carey »

The Hawks? Come on Pacers. I mean... Jeez.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

I love that they won. I hope they take the series. :)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Pacers are pathetic. They really are. They should be walking all over the league but they can't even handle a team that barely wants to be there. Losing at home to the #8. Come on.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i bet if the pacers implode and lose to the hawks, larry might just blow the team up and we might be able to pick up some good pieces from the pacers. is david west playing well for the pacers. havent been watching their games lately... :)

SDC

Post by SDC »

Miami vs Washington is becoming more and more likely

carrrnuttt

Post by carrrnuttt »

SDC wrote:i bet if the pacers implode and lose to the hawks, larry might just blow the team up and we might be able to pick up some good pieces from the pacers. is david west playing well for the pacers. havent been watching their games lately... :)
I don't think you can really predict how well any player will play for the Suns based on how they're doing with the Pacers...

TOO

Post by TOO »

carrrnuttt wrote:
SDC wrote:i bet if the pacers implode and lose to the hawks, larry might just blow the team up and we might be able to pick up some good pieces from the pacers. is david west playing well for the pacers. havent been watching their games lately... :)
I don't think you can really predict how well any player will play for the Suns based on how they're doing with the Pacers...
SDC can, he sees the future!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Millsap is llitterally carrying the Haawks against the Paces. He is making amazing plays.

By the wayy, George should sto thiking he is somebody else. Durant it seems, often. He should try pre prime LeBron, better. His start of the season was amazing at 23ppg and great efficiency, but that wont last if he is trying inbalanced shots off screens.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Ha! See Nice three Paul.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

He he he. The Hawks want the series. Cheers. I also root for the Raps, but the Nets have a ton of experience and Toronto's game is kinda easyly stoppable. I like a number of their players tho. Derozan is a nice penetrator and when his shot is on he is a handful.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

And Jeff Teague is proof of how deep the PG class in the NBA currently.

I for one don't want to be exploitable there, and I am afraid that such would be the case if Goran is the primary PG. Granted that Ish is not a defender at all, and I guess things would probably improve overall with a defensevely competent backup PG, but still.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Show me that proverbial defense, Indiana.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

That one was better George, and nice defense.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Woah, and West makes a three. A nunmber of PFs are expanding their range. Gibson, Millsap, Marvin Williams, Josh McRoberts, Amir...