Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Post by TOO »

Just curious, what are Chandlers numbers?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

All I want from Miles is rim protection and points off broken plays and some finishing. His hooks stopped going in to the point that he totally abandoned it, but indeed he has the footworkso I thnkk we can hope that he improves efficiency with work over the summer.

Anyway, he makes #26 money. Moving him would have to make a ton of sense.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Ehhhh... Chandler has A LOT of Miles on him.
Hey, what two consenting men do in their spare time is their business!
Jason Collins disagrees.

Too soon?
I don't get it. Why would he disagree? And yes, I know he's gay.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:My thing with Chandler is that he still leaves us with no post offense, hes an upgrade from Plumlee, but really with another year of wear and tear how much of an actual upgrade is he?
i'd rather bring back gortat. and lure jermaine oneal back. oneal wont cost much.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Maybe we can fire Hornacek and convince Lindsey Hunter to coach again! #HornyOUT

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

#GoranOUT

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Maybe we can fire Hornacek and convince Lindsey Hunter to coach again! #HornyOUT
After all, he made the playoffs as a coach and Hornacek didn't. I saw him on the sidelines this weekend (I think he's the third or fourth assistant for the Warriors.) #GogiOUT #HornyOUT #HunterIN #BlanksIN

We could probably get Beasley for cheap too since he's not doing anything for the Heat. We'd have a chance to try to duplicate the magical 2012-2013 season lest we forget what a joy it was.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I've already forgotten.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:My thing with Chandler is that he still leaves us with no post offense, hes an upgrade from Plumlee, but really with another year of wear and tear how much of an actual upgrade is he?
i'd rather bring back gortat. and lure jermaine oneal back. oneal wont cost much.
Seriously!?!? Ugh...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

SDC - you are entitled to your thoughts, and your belief that the Suns would have been better off making a rental to get into the playoffs. That being said, wouldn't you rather see a dynasty here built the right way? That's what almost everyone else is thinking -- how to not only build a contender but an actual dynasty.

That's why most of us love what's been done by the current regime.

Now -- if Pau Gasol is willing to come to Phx on a cheap to reasonable short-term contract, I certainly wouldn't say no, especially if we strike out on other stuff. That being said, I think that there's much much bigger things on McMiracle's mind. If I were him, I'd keep an eye on the MIA situation to see if the "Big 3 opting out to get Carmelo in there" plan somehow falls apart. Get either Lebron or Bosh here and all of a sudden we're in business. If Minny's mgmt would get their heads out of their asses and consider reasonable deals for K-Love given that they're losing leverage every passing day, that's another option.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

BTW, I think that Jermaine on a vet min contract wouldn't be a bad insurance policy.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

My realistic hope is that we have John Henson and Spencer Hawes as our starting frontcourt next season.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I wanted Henson when we took Marshall, so sign me up for that. I'm also with you on the Hawes bandwagon, he's what people want Frye to be. I really don't think Milwaukee lets Henson go though.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think he'll be available. I don't think they like him and Sanders together, and they've already made a sizable commitment to Sanders. Plus, if they draft Embiid, he'll be even more expendable.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That Henson/Hawes frontcourt doesn't do much for me. I see where you're going with it, but I don't love it. Kinda soft...

Henson's a tough player to commit to because he's really frail. Can he guard 4s every night and bang? Can he take that pounding? I love the idea of him for sure, just not sure he's a legit starter.

And Hawes....eh.

The question is...would you take Sanders?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote: Henson's a tough player to commit to because he's really frail. Can he guard 4s every night and bang? Can he take that pounding?
Now's the time to find out. He has two years left on his rookie deal. It's not like you're having to make a decision whether to give him a 4yr/$48 million deal
And Hawes....eh.
Very few centers in the league are as skilled as he is. He can post a little, is a decent rebounder, and a good passer. He's certainly not a defensive anchor, but in concert with Henson I think he can be effective.

Essentially, I feel that tandem gives us everything the Frye/Plumlee gave this season and even more.
The question is...would you take Sanders?
Nope.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not interested in Spencer Hawes. As a backup, maybe. But not as our main big man.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Ah, rosterbation - the off-season rite. :lol:

TOO

Post by TOO »

SwingMan wrote:Ah, rosterbation - the off-season rite. :lol:
Ha.. indeed.

Remember off-seasons without the internet?

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
SwingMan wrote:Ah, rosterbation - the off-season rite. :lol:
Ha.. indeed.

Remember off-seasons without the internet?
Yep - Lindy's. ;)

Love how folks (INF, I'm looking at you, here) want to tear up half the roster just to get their guys and 3 rookies on the team - meantime, others (SDC, chiefly) want to re-create the humiliation that was 2012-2013 at premium cost (via Gortat, who's looking for a big raise as he turns 30).

Skill gets you nothing without toughness when you're a 5 - and Hawes has none. None. And Henson, from what I've seen, is almost as bad as a Frye-without-a-jumpshot in the toughness department.

And what's the general thought around here of paying Gortat 8 figures for what he did in 2012-2013?

I'm on record as wanting the Suns to use all three 1st rounders, but at what cost? Who's going to get cut?

Look - all I ask is to keep the scenarios based in reality. Leave the wet dreams to the respective special socks or whatever - please?