Morris twins charged with felony assault

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Morris twins charged with felony assault

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:I might do the New Orleans deal for Anderson and Pondexter, but the rest are icky. Not trying to poop on your ideas; I just agree that teams are unlikely to give up great talent for damaged goods.
dallas might do the chandler parsons trade for morris bros. parsons is overpaid though.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This story came out a long time ago. Why did it take so long for them to press charges? I guess they wanted to wait until the end of the season?

So we were really good and making the playoffs every year and going far into them usually and yet nobody seemed to be happy with the team and wanted to trade everybody and start over. Well we started over. Now a couple years into the rebuilding we decided to try a three marque player PG experiment that lasted half a year before dumping two of those guys to get two less PGs who played briefly before getting hurt. Two of our best forwards with major attitudes that we kept are now going on trial. PJ with an extreme DUI. It looks like next year we get to start completely over again with the rebuilding. We are now the Clippers of the last decade. Is everybody happy now?

carey

Post by carey »

Not guilty plea arraignment expected for today: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2015/ ... -for-today
They are each charged with 2 felonies, according to this site: a Class 4 and Class 6.

According to this site, "Class 4 felonies have a presumptive of two years and six months in prison and an aggravated term of three years and nine months. (Ariz. Rev. Stat. § 13-701.)". If the Morris twins are found guilty of both penalties, the Class 6 could add another year to those sentences.

On April 30, the 'not guilty plea arraignment' was set for May 7, today. Per the Maricopa County website, an arraignment is just the next step in the process.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

Their next court appearance is June 30th. It is a shame it wasn't earlier because I have jury duty this month and it could have been amusing.

"Are you a Suns fan?" "Yes."
"What is your opinion of the defendants?" "I hope we ship their asses out before the season starts."
"You are dismissed."

:)

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Nodack wrote:This story came out a long time ago. Why did it take so long for them to press charges? I guess they wanted to wait until the end of the season?

So we were really good and making the playoffs every year and going far into them usually and yet nobody seemed to be happy with the team and wanted to trade everybody and start over. Well we started over. Now a couple years into the rebuilding we decided to try a three marque player PG experiment that lasted half a year before dumping two of those guys to get two less PGs who played briefly before getting hurt. Two of our best forwards with major attitudes that we kept are now going on trial. PJ with an extreme DUI. It looks like next year we get to start completely over again with the rebuilding. We are now the Clippers of the last decade. Is everybody happy now?
Just judging by how dead this site has been the past 6 months I'd say no. The front office has a long road ahead of them when it comes to turning this thing around.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

iLLmatic wrote:Just judging by how dead this site has been the past 6 months I'd say no. The front office has a long road ahead of them when it comes to turning this thing around.
I don't think the site has been dead for 6 months. I do think the traffic is very low now that the regular season is over and the Suns are not in the playoffs. To some degree that's only natural. And I agree that the FO has a lot of work to do.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I wouldn't say the site is dead, either. But in the history of this online community, dating back to the AZCentral days about 25 years ago, enthusiasm for the franchise is arguably at an all-time low.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:I wouldn't say the site is dead, either. But in the history of this online community, dating back to the AZCentral days about 25 years ago, enthusiasm for the franchise is arguably at an all-time low.
Two years ago and I'd agree with you. We are at another low though.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Cap's assessment is accurate.
It's a team that is nowhere near a playoff contender.
Teams that finished lower in the standings last season are poised to pass Phoenix in development next year.
The Suns are populated with players who only their mothers could love.
These guys are about as likable as dentists with hairy arms and hands.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

And there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good thing we traded away that Lakers pick! Oh. Wait. No. That was stupid.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:I wouldn't say the site is dead, either. But in the history of this online community, dating back to the AZCentral days about 25 years ago, enthusiasm for the franchise is arguably at an all-time low.
We had a better season than two years ago. We were able to pretend for most of the season that the team was in a playoff hunt. But at least we had cap flexibility and a top 5 pick. Now the future is less promising, and the players harder to like. (Even the same players: PJ and the Morrii were easier to like then than now. Granted, Beasley is gone, but still.)

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Who would have ever believed that the Cardinals are, by a large margin, now the best-run franchise in town?
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
We had a better season than two years ago. We were able to pretend for most of the season that the team was in a playoff hunt. But at least we had cap flexibility and a top 5 pick. Now the future is less promising, and the players harder to like. (Even the same players: PJ and the Morrii were easier to like then than now. Granted, Beasley is gone, but still.)
And we are still paying Beasley.

carey

Post by carey »

Another update on the MoShow: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /70943508/

Text from the victim to the Mother of the Morris twins:
"He said, '(expletive), you know what time it is?' " Hood told Angel Morris. "I look at him. I said, 'What you talking about?' Some (expletive) just socked me from the back. Boom. I take off running. They catch up to me. They're kicking me, punching me, kicking me, punching me. Then when they're holding me on the ground, I hear (one suspect) say, 'Mook (Marcus' nickname), he trying to get up. Mook, he trying to get up.' I know why Marcus decided to come over there but he came over there and started kicking me, Angel. He came over there and started kicking. I didn't see Keef (Markieff's nickname) do anything. I didn't see Keef. But Mook came over there and was kicking me."
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

They're idiots. I can't wait for the day when they ship their asses out of town.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

The Bobster wrote:They're idiots. I can't wait for the day when they ship their asses out of town.
Well, it's clear that, like everything else, they share a brain because they barely have one good one between them. I'm ready to move on though some might say I'm biased (due to TheWhiff stuff the last couple of years.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:Another update on the MoShow: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /70943508/

Text from the victim to the Mother of the Morris twins:
"He said, '(expletive), you know what time it is?' " Hood told Angel Morris. "I look at him. I said, 'What you talking about?' Some (expletive) just socked me from the back. Boom. I take off running. They catch up to me. They're kicking me, punching me, kicking me, punching me. Then when they're holding me on the ground, I hear (one suspect) say, 'Mook (Marcus' nickname), he trying to get up. Mook, he trying to get up.' I know why Marcus decided to come over there but he came over there and started kicking me, Angel. He came over there and started kicking. I didn't see Keef (Markieff's nickname) do anything. I didn't see Keef. But Mook came over there and was kicking me."
That account seems to match what @sunsoholic tweeted.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I had trouble parsing the quote. Why were they allegedly punching this guy again? He dissed their mother?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Classic Mook.