Around the League: Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Around the League: Playoffs

Post by ShelC »

Bulls management can't get out of their own way. Dude's a winner and a work horse.

Snippet from The Sporting News:
But his time was marked with controversy over his perceived unwillingness to use players deeper in the Bulls rotation, to develop young players and to limit the amount of in-season wear-and-tear he put on the team’s primary rotation players.
Sounds familiar...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thibodeau is the defensive Mike D'Antoni.

I think he's a very talented and successful coach, but I kind of agree that these guys who overplay their starters must be run off. They break the team and break the players. You can't sustain a team like that. And then they get stubborn and don't listen when you try to rein them in.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I mean...he played 10 guys throughout the year. MikeD rarely went past 8. Butler played 39mpg, which is high for sure. But he's also 25 and built for those kinds of minutes.

Pau was at 34, Noah and Rose at 30. Dunleavy at 29, Taj at 27, Hinrich at 24, Aaron Brooks at 23, Mirotic and Snell at 20. You could argue Snell and Mirotic could've gotten Dunleavy's minutes for development. But there aren't any other young guys to develop and play.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm listening to Horny on Burns and Gambo show. I just don't get the group think that keeps saying, "If Jordan played in these no hand check rules, he would have averaged 45 a game" Then the next thought out of his mouth was that "you couldn't even touch Jordan back in the day without getting a foul called." My retort would be, what if LeBron could hand check like they did back in the day? Who would be able to score on him, since he's so freakin strong?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

The way LeBron is carrying that undermanned Cavs team is something to behold

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bulls are pretty much throwing Thibs under the bus claiming he's not a team player.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Who would want to go work for that Bulls org? It seems totally toxic. They stab you in the back and point fingers. Players, coaches, and GMs alike, nobody leaves that place with anything good to say.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:I mean...he played 10 guys throughout the year. MikeD rarely went past 8. Butler played 39mpg, which is high for sure. But he's also 25 and built for those kinds of minutes.

Pau was at 34, Noah and Rose at 30. Dunleavy at 29, Taj at 27, Hinrich at 24, Aaron Brooks at 23, Mirotic and Snell at 20. You could argue Snell and Mirotic could've gotten Dunleavy's minutes for development. But there aren't any other young guys to develop and play.
Dougie McBuckets would like a word.

SDC

Post by SDC »

thibs to orlando, gentry to the pelicans, del negro back in chicago.

http://t.co/CKX8d8Zupa

SDC

Post by SDC »

Report Says Dwyane Wade Could Leave the Heat

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/05/d ... ium=social
Last summer LeBron James bailed on South Beach. This summer could Dwyane Wade follow suit? According to a report from the Miami Herald the future Hall of Famer's current contract negotiations with the organization makes the answer "yes" a very realistic possibility.

Wade has just finished yet another solid season with the only franchise he's ever known, making it a dozen years in South Florida. But now he differs greatly with the team over what his services are worth over the next several seasons. If the two sides don't come to an agreement, Wade could use his player option to get out of the final year of his current deal.
miami could lose both dragic and wade actually, but only ONE player is gonna get paid.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/status/604147315171934209

I thought NOLA had a good chance of hanging on to Davis. This is why CP3 forcing his way out still bugs me. It's the kind of thing that can put a stain on your franchise for a while. While CP3 is much more high profile than Dragic, I'm worried that what Dragic did could mean the same for the Suns. I guess we'll see this Summer.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Is Vescey even relevant anymore? And I doubt Thibs has even given thought to Davis' contract situation. Dude is consumed with coaching. Thibs is an east coast guy. He should go to Orlando, Charlotte maybe, Philly.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Vecsey just makes his stuff up these days. Every time I see him post some kind of prediction he's always wrong in the end. He's just guessing at this point; he has no inside sources or credibility left.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:Is Vescey even relevant anymore? And I doubt Thibs has even given thought to Davis' contract situation. Dude is consumed with coaching. Thibs is an east coast guy. He should go to Orlando, Charlotte maybe, Philly.
He is, but he has a lot of years as an assistant in TX (S.A. & Hou.) I think he's good enough to be successful wherever he goes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:

I thought NOLA had a good chance of hanging on to Davis. This is why CP3 forcing his way out still bugs me. It's the kind of thing that can put a stain on your franchise for a while. While CP3 is much more high profile than Dragic, I'm worried that what Dragic did could mean the same for the Suns. I guess we'll see this Summer.
I always get the feeling that NO is a place to visit and have a great time, but not set down roots, raise a family, plan for the long term.

Of course, this is coming from someone that isn't a young, black, multi-millionaire living in New Orleans, so I might be way off base.

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:

I thought NOLA had a good chance of hanging on to Davis. This is why CP3 forcing his way out still bugs me. It's the kind of thing that can put a stain on your franchise for a while.
sour grapes on tom thibodeau (he's NOT the favorite for the pelicans job)
While CP3 is much more high profile than Dragic, I'm worried that what Dragic did could mean the same for the Suns.
#McdoOUT

SDC

Post by SDC »

According to NOLA newsman @FletcherMackel, Warriors associate head coach Alvin Gentry spotted in town today on his second Pelicans interview

SDC

Post by SDC »

if wade leaves miami, i'd like dragic to re-sign with the heat if AND ONLY IF miami signs gerald green to a decent contract (around 5mil/yr) and be dragic's starting backcourt mate.

#friendslookoutforeachother

SDC

Post by SDC »

green, ET, archie reunited

SDC

Post by SDC »

#DragonToNOLA (?)