2014 NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: 2014 NBA Draft

Post by Wally_West »

In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
ShelC wrote:I don't think Early is a fluid, natural SF but more of a smaller, versatile Channing Frye type who can do a bit more offensively.
I don't really see any Channing Frye when I watch Early. :?
Agreed
ShelC, could you explain how he's similar to Frye?
Both their names begins with a C?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
ShelC wrote:I don't think Early is a fluid, natural SF but more of a smaller, versatile Channing Frye type who can do a bit more offensively.
I don't really see any Channing Frye when I watch Early. :?
Maybe you should watch later? :shrug:

<rimshot> I'll be here all week, folks!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:I think Green is a natural SF, not sure why you think he 'bogs down.'
When he's matched up with bigger, stronger defenders at 3, he struggles - mightily. Hasn't happened often since early in the season, but 3 is not his position.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

With Early, not sure why but watching him reminded of of Frye when he hung around the perimeter. Long, lanky perimeter guy. Again, he's a smaller player, can do more with the ball and clearly isn't a 6-11 stretch big. I don't think he's a pure 3 tho.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Good lookin out In2.

I want no parts of Lavine @14.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Do we package any picks this year?
You sold me two quier giraffes

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mitch Mcgray failed a drug test which triggers a 1yr suspension. so He is declaring for the draft. I'm pretty stunned 1 failed drug test for pot gets you a 1 yr suspension
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

JeffreyLee wrote:Do we package any picks this year?

I hope we do to get up and Nab Gordon,Randle or Vonleh.

But if we stayed put and got an Anderson/Stauskas/Harris/Capela combo at 14&18 I would be happy.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I'm pretty stunned 1 failed drug test for pot gets you a 1 yr suspension
Apparently the NCAA doesn't want their players doing drugs.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:I'm pretty stunned 1 failed drug test for pot gets you a 1 yr suspension
Marijuana isn't a drug!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
Christ. It's college. It's legal in a number of states now and in 10 years will be in most states (the $$ involved are too much to ignore, even in the ignorant ass bible belt). A 1 year suspension is asinine.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Christ. It's college. It's legal in a number of states now and in 10 years will be in most states (the $$ involved are too much to ignore, even in the ignorant ass bible belt). A 1 year suspension is asinine.
Watch it, son - though I'm not a bible thumper by any means, I was born smack in the middle of that "ignorant ass bible belt".

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Sunsfan4life wrote:

But if we stayed put and got an Anderson/Stauskas/Harris/Capela combo at 14&18 I would be happy.
I think we can move up to the top 5
You sold me two quier giraffes

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

JeffreyLee wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:

I think we can move up to the top 5

There would have to be a degree of luck in that the team drafting has a log jam at the best play available's position. At least when we know the draft order it will be interesting to try and predict which team that might be.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Danimal wrote: There would have to be a degree of luck in that the team drafting has a log jam at the best play available's position. At least when we know the draft order it will be interesting to try and predict which team that might be.
I think that's an accurate assessment. I don't think any team is moving a top 3 pick. #4 seems highly unlikely too. I think what will be in play is #5-8, potentially. Boston, Sacramento, and Detroit are the likely trade partners. The Lakers are not going to deal with us. And the rebuilding teams like Milwaukee, Utah, Orlando, and Philly aren't moving their top pick.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote: I want no parts of Lavine @14.
I think LaVine is an absolutely tremendous prospect. He's probably 2 years away from being a consistent NBA contributor, but I think he has the potential to be a stud if he lands at the right place.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

LaVine was even an ephemeral candidate for top pick in 2015. That kind of upside would be unreal with a #14, and if he was there, he'd probably the best player available and I'd take him no matter what, especially having multiple picks. The draft can't come soon enough.

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

Goodwin and LaVine could be an amazing combo at 1 and 2 in a couple of years. Archie as a slasher and Zach as a shooter + flying fast breaks.

Gambo said our FO like Stauskas and Hood and they are looking for shooters in general, which also qualifies LaVine. McD and Co allegedly aren`t high on McDermott for some reason.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

He has the tools to become a player no doubt, but so do a lot of guys. He is so raw. It surprises me, that so many want Lavine, and so many didn't want Goodwin. Maybe I should back off the statement of "I want no parts @ 14" depending on who's there, but I have him around my 20th prospect and think there will be 3-4 guys I like more @ 14. Admittedly how he does in workouts and such may change my outlook on him. He struggled in the 2nd part of UCLA's season.

I don't like Hood @14 either.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
I don't smoke weed, but failing 1 test for smoking a substance that is legalized some places and getting suspended a yr is ludicrous. It isn't anything hard.