Marcus Morris appreciation thread!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Marcus Morris appreciate thread!

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:I appreciate you no longer being on the team.

That is all.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Re: Marcus Morris appreciation thread!

Post by Superbone »

Openly yelling at Hornacek was the beginning of the end. It was similar, although not as bad as Horry throwing a towel in the face of then coach Ainge. The brothers Awful got what they deserved. The Suns gave them a rare opportunity and they blew it, plain and simple.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

One other thought. They took F.O.E. too far.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm just glad the org had the guts to do this. It shows that they won't let players push the coach around and that they won't put up with knuckleheads. We can't have that on our team. I really didn't want to watch another season with a bunch of idiots misbehaving like last year, and we're taking steps to make sure that doesn't happen.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori, if that's the point they wanted to make then it should have happened the next day. Now it looks a bit cowardly, like using the potential LMA signing as a smoke screen. Not that I disagree. It's just not sending the message you'd hope.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Mori, if that's the point they wanted to make then it should have happened the next day. Now it looks a bit cowardly, like using the potential LMA signing as a smoke screen. Not that I disagree. It's just not sending the message you'd hope.
Do I wish there would have been immediate consequences? Yes. However, I'm still glad they took care of the matter.

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

He should have been suspended IMO.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:He should have been suspended IMO.
Definitely.

"Be Legendary."

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

postby iLLmatic » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:35 am - Marcus Morris appreciation thread!
.... :? .....I've got nothin..
LOL ! Me neither.

Markieff is the better, consistent player.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Robot

Post by Robot »

I wonder if we benefited with the twins on the court if the opposing guard got confused and guarded the wrong players strengths/weaknesses ? Like did they ever pretend to be each other ? Was there a game where Marcus played like Keiff' and vice versa?

Imagine how playing against them totally mind fucked a player like Chris Kaman

- R

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Wow. This thread is just cold! It should have never been started.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Haha. Well, he deserves it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:Wow. This thread is just cold!
That's why we're hanging out here in July.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Wow. This thread is just cold!
That's why we're hanging out here in July.
Yep, feels good.

"Be Legendary."

Phoeknicks

Post by Phoeknicks »

I appreciated being confused in NBA2K in substitutions with my Suns. You are telling me a NBA game couldn't put Mark.Morris and Marc.Morris in the game? They sure did for Ho.Grant and Ha.Grant. Good riddance sir ( I call him "sir" cause I fear for my safety)!
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” ~ Albert Einstein

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I appreciated his talent, but not his demeanor. This is the really the entertainment business. It is important that players play good, but being likable is important too. The twins wore out their welcome in Phoenix. They have none to blame, but themselves.

Right before the exciting KJ etc. era we had the drug scandal low point. This Suns team is at that low point too. On a positive note, things can only look up from here right?...

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

With the young talent on the team that may or may not develop, I have a hard time seeing how the Suns could fall further from this point onwards.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:Mori, if that's the point they wanted to make then it should have happened the next day. Now it looks a bit cowardly, like using the potential LMA signing as a smoke screen. Not that I disagree. It's just not sending the message you'd hope.
I don't think so. Why act immediately just to make a point, if it hurts the team in the process. They took their time, sat down at the end of the seaons and considered their options, looked at what was in front of them in free agency, and made an informed decision. Reactionary decisions are rarely good ones.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Nodack wrote:I appreciated his talent, but not his demeanor. This is the really the entertainment business. It is important that players play good, but being likable is important too. The twins wore out their welcome in Phoenix. They have none to blame, but themselves.

Right before the exciting KJ etc. era we had the drug scandal low point. This Suns team is at that low point too. On a positive note, things can only look up from here right?...
Knight and Bledsoe seem genuinely interested in playing together. Unlike others, I think Hornacek is an excellent coach for teaching young players who genuinely want to learn. I think Len is ready to break out. I am usually fairly skeptical about one player "mentoring" another, but Tyson Chandler's example on defense should be a huge help.

All this youth and energy, its an optimistic time for me.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Nodack wrote:I appreciated his talent, but not his demeanor. This is the really the entertainment business. It is important that players play good, but being likable is important too. The twins wore out their welcome in Phoenix. They have none to blame, but themselves.

Knight and Bledsoe seem genuinely interested in playing together. Unlike others, I think Hornacek is an excellent coach for teaching young players who genuinely want to learn. I think Len is ready to break out. I am usually fairly skeptical about one player "mentoring" another, but Tyson Chandler's example on defense should be a huge help.

All this youth and energy, its an optimistic time for me.
I agree.