Suns News: The Offseason (2015)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Suns News: The Offseason (2015)

Post by Cap »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Lowe is selling Markieff short on offense. His midrange one on one is reduced to a mere aspect of post up situations, and is even knocked down for slowing things down on offense and clogging lines for cutters (what cutters, by the way), when in fact it means he has go-to ability (even if relative as he is not Melo) in a time where fewer and fewer guys know how to create for themselves, especially big men.

There is nothing about his clutchness either but according to some metrics he is elite, and the eye test clearly backs it up.

There are many ways to score 15ppg but for all his sins and despite limitations in other areas, Kieff is a really complete offensive player and a brutal bargain at $8M.
My favorite thing about Keef's offense is that contested mid-range jumper. When the shot clock is getting down to single digits and your offense has nothing else going, you can give the ball to Keef at the elbow, and he'll get a shot up and hit at a decent clip. It's a nice bail out. You're not going to build a great offense around it, but it does help keep your offense from sucking. On a team without a lot of other offensive weapons — like, for example, the Phoenix Suns — it's worth a lot.

Indy

Post by Indy »

My only argument with that cap is the "it's worth a lot" statement. It doesn't really get us anything, so how much is it really worth? To me is seems like it would be worth a lot more to someone that already has a great offense and needs a 3rd (or 4th) fiddle, or even a 6th man of the year candidate.
As you said, you can't build a good offense around it, so it is really just a bail out play. I think those are great to have, but if the best play from your (arguably) best player is to hit a contested turn-around jumper, you have deep issues. Spending any more time trying to develop him (when he clearly doesn't want to be here) is all a waste.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:I think those are great to have, but if the best play from your (arguably) best player is to hit a contested turn-around jumper, you have deep issues.
Agreed, we rely on that bail out so much because we have deep issues. But if we need that bail out and don't have it, then the issues are even deeper, no?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Indy wrote:I think those are great to have, but if the best play from your (arguably) best player is to hit a contested turn-around jumper, you have deep issues.
Agreed, we rely on that bail out so much because we have deep issues. But if we need that bail out and don't have it, then the issues are even deeper, no?
I guess, but what does that mean? We are already in the half of the league that doesn't make the playoffs. Being worse right now might be better in the long run.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
I guess, but what does that mean? We are already in the half of the league that doesn't make the playoffs. Being worse right now might be better in the long run.
I think, in some way, moving on from Morris alleviates the issues a bit. I don't want to have to consider the impact his attitude/professionalism/work ethic/etc... is possibly having on younger guys, particularly the newest (Booker). To some degree, I think the Morris Brothers general attitude last year negatively impacted Goodwin's development.

cardoso31

Post by cardoso31 »

Just letting you guys know that Keef just blocked me from instagram! Ha! It felt special for an nba player that cared enough about my comments that decided to block me, then i remeberd it was Keef so its like being blocked by a 6 year old.

I commented on his post of him working out in that lame ass gym they go, and said that "I hope Mook helps you pay the fines once you wont show up to play, #teamfoe right?"
Then some FOEfanboy started to spam all my Instagram pictures with stupid comments calling my nieces sluts and stufff :roll: .. then on one of my pictures said "now appologyse to keef!".. which then I replied to the same Keef video with some rant about "I appologise for believing you were a pro, for liking you just for being n the suns, sorry for pretending to respect that FOE crap" and stuff like that.. :roll:

SDC

Post by SDC »

which team is ideal for keef?

portland (they need lots of talent)

minny (final piece to guarantee a playoff spot. i already have them taking the 8th spot w/ their current roster, if rubio stays healthy)

dallas (another team that needs lots of talent for all positions)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

cardoso31 wrote:Just letting you guys know that Keef just blocked me from instagram! Ha! It felt special for an nba player that cared enough about my comments that decided to block me, then i remeberd it was Keef so its like being blocked by a 6 year old.

I commented on his post of him working out in that lame ass gym they go, and said that "I hope Mook helps you pay the fines once you wont show up to play, #teamfoe right?"
Then some FOEfanboy started to spam all my Instagram pictures with stupid comments calling my nieces sluts and stufff :roll: .. then on one of my pictures said "now appologyse to keef!".. which then I replied to the same Keef video with some rant about "I appologise for believing you were a pro, for liking you just for being n the suns, sorry for pretending to respect that FOE crap" and stuff like that.. :roll:
LOL. Good stuff, Cardoso. He deserved it. I got a good laugh out of your story. :)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hilarious Cardosa

And Mori I get depressed every time I see your avatar.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm planning to make a Photoshop one of Markieff Morris in a trash can once my mother's done visiting.

Cap

Post by Cap »

https://twitter.com/keefmorris/status/642035689048145920

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

When did Markieff become a 12 year old girl?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

About the same time Gambo became a "journalist"?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Cap

Post by Cap »

Of course, Gambo takes the bait.

https://twitter.com/gambo987/status/642047901858791424

Didn't Keef claim he'd blocked Gambo?

https://twitter.com/keefmorris/status/642049153451823105

carey

Post by carey »

I did. If you didn't cry at the Notebook you are broken inside. Jeez.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

The Suns ought to restrict Gambo from anything Suns related. He can't go to games, he cannot do interviews, everything. He is getting into a petty argument with one of their players, one of their assets, and making the situation worse in the process. Yes, Markieff is responsible for his own actions but Gambo is making it worse. He is damaging the team.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Oh, big deal. A lot of people are taunting Keef on social media. The fact that one of them broadcasts for 98.7 isn't particularly significant and isn't making the situation much worse than it already is. In Keef's mind he has enough reasons to justify his anger at the Suns, regardless of what John Gambadoro tweets or doesn't.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

Hi everyone. My first post here on the new site. I haven't been around much but things are going good for me. I saw this video and it brought a tear to my eye. It made me think of all my friends here and some of our good times. Enjoy!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/q2WABIY5X ... detailpage[/video]

Indy

Post by Indy »

JJ! So glad things are going well for you. Long time no see!

Cap

Post by Cap »

OMG! JJ! :D