First Round: Houston Rockets (4) vs. Trail Blazers (5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: First Round: Houston Rockets (4) vs. Trail Blazers (5)

Post by carey »

That was a fun game. Too bad Houston won tho.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Did any one else notice Van Gundy kept saying Len instead of Lin? Surely the other commentator would have to say something at some point... or perhaps he dared him to do it. Hard to take his commentary seriously after that

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

SDC wrote:but that will mean houston will have three point guards (goran, lin and beverley). are they planning to run 2 point guards too in the starting backcourt?
Just a hypothetical question. No reason they would do it.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Big Jake Little Jake wrote:
SDC wrote:but that will mean houston will have three point guards (goran, lin and beverley). are they planning to run 2 point guards too in the starting backcourt?
Just a hypothetical question. No reason they would do it.
and to answer your question, yes if houston gets rid of lin first.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I have to admit that Houston is a great hate-watch team. Dwight Howard is such a good corny villain and it's great to watch him fail and get frustrated. And the Blazers are a pretty likable team.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Just a great Game 4. Finishing up some odds and ends from the weekend and have had this one on from the beginning. James Harden just hit a ridiculous spread eagle 3.

Portland by 2 with 4mins left....rooting for Rip City.

Thomas Robinson is a guy who's been passed around who I would want here. Plays with a lot of energy and is kinda a mauler.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SDC

Post by SDC »

james harden getting every superstar call

SDC

Post by SDC »

they're playing like keystone kops out there before mo made the 3.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mo Williams with the Huge 3. What a series.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

For as good as this series has been, the perimeter defense has been terrible.

Harden walks down the lane to set Howard up for a dunk to tie it

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Game 5 on right now; Houston facing elimination. I've only been half-watching this series for some reason. I picked Houston to win, but it's kind of fun to root against Harden and Howard. They have that annoying trait like OKC's stars have, where they flop and flail their arms every time they take a shot, hoping for a foul call. It's aggravating because it actually works some of the time. Good for Portland if they can get rid of Houston.

I feel like there's a theme to the teams that are doing well in the playoffs. Chucking, ball-hogging, ref-baiting is generally not winning. Strong, tough, good-defending teams with good big men and good rebounding are advancing. Teams that share the ball are advancing. I feel like for the most part, the playoffs this year are validating the fundamentals of basketball.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

The Rockets have the best center again but they'll have to win away to play a game seven. Howard has been great but I just can't get over how lazy Harden is on defense. He is completely Amare-esque. Overall I can't say I have any sympathy for either team, but I'd rather see the Blazers advance.

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:The Rockets have the best center again but they'll have to win away to play a game seven. Howard has been great but I just can't get over how lazy Harden is on defense. He is completely Amare-esque. Overall I can't say I have any sympathy for either team, but I'd rather see the Blazers advance.
Worse than Stat. Harden has a YouTube page devoted to his awful defense. Not quite what one would expect of a superstar.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I've said it before, but Heather Cox ..YesThankYouMorePlease.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I want to see the Blazers advance for local morale around my stomping grounds. I also can't stand Dwight Howard.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SDC

Post by SDC »

buh bye, kevin mchale. #thescapegoat

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Booom. Lillard killed the Rockets. Could McHale join the group of fired coaches this summer? I want to see what Morey does this summer with him and the roster.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Good shot, glad to see them pull it off. Id also like to see Dallas beat SA in game 7
You sold me two quier giraffes

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

A Houston sports radio host asked this question: what great coach do you replace McHale with? In other words, unless there's a hands-down great coach available, there really isn't a great reason to can McHale.

Now if the Rockets can get Tom Thibadeau, great. But unless he's coming, who is there that's better? Are you going to bring in Mike D'Antoni, George Karl, Lionel Hollins, etc.? Are any of those coaches significantly better?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think George Karl would be an upgrade, but I'm not sure he'd get along with Howard and Harden's egos. Thibs would be an excellent get as well.