Game Day: Suns (6-5) @ Nuggets (6-6), Fri 11/20/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
OE32

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-5) @ Nuggets (6-6), Fri 11/20/15

Post by OE32 »

Len with no hesitation on those jumpers - and, for the first time, really, they looked great. Starting to see a glimpse of what he could become - an elite-rebounding, elite-rim-protecting, sweet-shooting big. Maybe not an all-star, but a unique player that changes game plans and makes it difficult for teams on both ends of the floor.

To be an all-star, he'd need to add either three point range or a strong, dependable post game. But what we saw out of him last night was extremely promising.

carey

Post by carey »

Len probably gets his extension this Summer. What do you think he signs for? I would hope around Markieff money.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I think between $12 and $14 mil. Could be more if he plays at a higher level later in the year. I don't see him getting less than $11 under any circumstance.

carey

Post by carey »

I think TT getting that contract threw the market off. He's getting paid like a near all-star. You can't give your back-up C $14M/yr when you don't have an LBJ and aren't competing for championships. You certainly can't do it when you are already paying a C $13M/yr.

I also wonder if we will extend Archie. I think what he does this year will decide his fate with us. Lamb got a $7M/yr extension based on nothing more than unrealized potential. I don't see that happening for Archie.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

We did give Chandler an awful big contract, but we also made it pretty clear that we intended Alex to be the center of the future for this franchise. $13 mil is a lot to pay your back up center, but if Tyson's still playing at a high level, it's not unreasonable to think we could offload that contract and still pick up value in return.

Notice that I anticipate Len being our starter at the latest by two years from now. Honestly, I think there's a good chance Alex gets the starting nod some time during next season, and we look to move Tyson the following summer.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Remember "spurtability"? It's back.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Xylus wrote:Knight is so fucking fast.
Bledsoe gets talked about a lot for his speed, but I think knight is faster.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Great win, and great game (again) for Knight! Also, proud of everybody for the vibrant Game Day thread. 128 posts and counting. Love seeing that. :-)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:Great win, and great game (again) for Knight! Also, proud of everybody for the vibrant Game Day thread. 128 posts and counting. Love seeing that. :-)
Agree. Go Suns. I've been pleasantly surprised as of late. I was a bit more pessimistic this season than I've typically been and there have been flashes of ugly. I'm really enjoying the intensity most of the guys play with on both ends of the floor (outside of Queiffhole) and the chemistry that intensity seems to ignite with many of the players.

I also enjoy seeing lively discussions again amongst you .netters. You've been a great group over the years.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

pickle

Post by pickle »

Cap wrote:
pickle wrote: Really loved what I saw out of Len tonight. He seems to have picked up the tapping offensive rebound back out if cannot secure trick from Chandler,
He was doing that last year too.
Good to know. Really didn't watch enough last year to understand his game to that level. Shouldn't have assumed that it was due to chandler.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote: Our defense is still pretty awful. Better in the second half but still awful.
Disagree with you there. I rewatched the second half and I thought our defense was dang good.
I get what you and ring are saying, that the defense came through when it mattered. Maybe I'm just nitpicking a win right now but I would like to see the team make sustained effort to play d and not give up on plays. Denver was not playing well and I'm sure a great deal of it was our defense but the points that we did allow, too many of those buckets were mental breakdowns. If mudiay beats us from the midrange, so be it. But he was able to get to the bucket at will, and that offensive rebound on the ft from nelson stings.

SDC

Post by SDC »

len will probably get a 11-12 mil a year if he stays healthy.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I really do see the enthusiasm building, the product finally seems to be worth seeing (although I've had a hard time watching from HK). Look forward to catching games from AZ and CA starting in late December.

If Bledsoe and Knight can keep up their level of play, it would be hard to deny Bledsoe a slot on the All-Star team and the Suns could go into the playoffs as the 6th seed nobody wants to play. That being said, the sample size is small and the number of home games have been high (although the Suns have played like 7 >.500 teams and 4 < .500 teams). Let's see how they're looking a month from now. I am cautiously optimistic, as I always tend to be.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Honestly i think we would be the 6 seed everybody wants to play. But I'd take it.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Lets just make the playoffs then we'll decide who wants to play us and who doesn't.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Just watched the game. Busy...

Awesome. Bledsoe and Knight are killing it. Len and Chandler are protecting the rim. Sure they started slow but, they finished the game like you are supposed to do. They keep posting our team numbers and they are pretty impressive. I said I would be surprised every time they win a game this year. I'm starting to not be surprised.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote: Our defense is still pretty awful. Better in the second half but still awful.
Disagree with you there. I rewatched the second half and I thought our defense was dang good.
I get what you and ring are saying, that the defense came through when it mattered. Maybe I'm just nitpicking a win right now but I would like to see the team make sustained effort to play d and not give up on plays. Denver was not playing well and I'm sure a great deal of it was our defense but the points that we did allow, too many of those buckets were mental breakdowns. If mudiay beats us from the midrange, so be it. But he was able to get to the bucket at will, and that offensive rebound on the ft from nelson stings.
This