Rookie/sophomore watch thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Rookie/sophomore watch thread

Post by carey »

Besides, I thought Dragan Bender was the next big international player?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Indy wrote:
How many guys taken in top 5 of the last 5 years are all-stars?
i guess i kind of touched upon a topic that i didn't intend to with that comment. i'm not so disillusioned to think that every top 5 pick needs to be an all-star. i guess for us phoenix fans, be it the small-market team thing, be it sarver's insistence on making a profit every year, whatever it is, #5 overall picks are far and few in between for us. i started following the team in 1990, and this may very well have been the highest pick in my time as a suns fan. iirc, the highest before that were the two #9 picks, which netted us STAT and the matrix. so ... i was simply indulging my homerism in wishing that our #5 pick would give us an all star caliber player. and i'm not actually all that into the accolades; i could care less about the awards our players are given, but i sure as hell would like for this #5 pick overall to net us a player who had a significant, game changing impact when he is on the floor.

looks to me like right now len is a solid player, but it's not particularly promising that he'll reach that level of impact.
Got it. That makes a lot more sense, especially considering how, even with a top 5 pick, getting an all-star happens rarely.

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:Besides, I thought Dragan Bender was the next big international player?
Does Ben Simmons count?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Okafor owned KAT tonight. 76rs could have won but they didn't keep going to Jahil in crunch time and Wiggins took over. 0-15 and second game is a row Philly blows.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
carey wrote:Besides, I thought Dragan Bender was the next big international player?
Does Ben Simmons count?
True. Australia definitely counts even tho he's playing college ball here. He's not technically an American product.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Simmons is gonna be very interesting, nobody really like him in the nba right now except maybe LeBron. If Simmons learns to shoot, he could be an all time great

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

So what's up with Vonleh from Portland? Hugh draft pick traded after his rookie year and seems to be riding the bench after a fresh start. I have never really followed him closely but is he worth trying to buy low on? Or is he the next T Rob

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:Simmons is gonna be very interesting, nobody really like him in the nba right now except maybe LeBron. If Simmons learns to shoot, he could be an all time great
He's more Odom than LeBron I think, but he's got some immense upside. Would love to add a point forward like that.