Game Day: Suns (7-9) @ Raptors (11-6), Sun 11/29/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Game Day: Suns (7-9) @ Raptors (11-6), Sun 11/29/15

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:That is why we should have dumped him immediately, even if it was for half his value. Right now he is just screwing us (fans especially) while the org is trying desperately to get something for him by playing him.
I think Horny plays him because Horny is a shitty coach. It's not like Kieff's abilities aren't known by now, he's been in the league several years. A string of 5 good games or 5 shitty games shouldn't change someone's mind....

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:That is why we should have dumped him immediately, even if it was for half his value. Right now he is just screwing us (fans especially) while the org is trying desperately to get something for him by playing him.
I think Horny plays him because Horny is a shitty coach. It's not like Kieff's abilities aren't known by now, he's been in the league several years. A string of 5 good games or 5 shitty games shouldn't change someone's mind....
It is clear that he doesn't get us anything, even to a shitty coach, as you put it. We are playing him because we pay him a lot of money and don't want to waste an asset. My issue is that he only hurts us, and we just need to get over the fact that we already wasted that asset when we went after Aldridge. We should have planned that if it didn't work, we would have to lose Keef. It was worth the gamble, but it is time to pay up by shipping him out for whatever we can get.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
It is clear that he doesn't get us anything, even to a shitty coach, as you put it. We are playing him because we pay him a lot of money and don't want to waste an asset. My issue is that he only hurts us, and we just need to get over the fact that we already wasted that asset when we went after Aldridge. We should have planned that if it didn't work, we would have to lose Keef. It was worth the gamble, but it is time to pay up by shipping him out for whatever we can get.
I don't think we should have planned it that way. You expect adults to act like it. Sure Kieff would be upset, but then he gets over it and moves on. We don't have to play him, but we don't have to just trade him for nothing either. Give him a few DNP's.

When he gripes, tell him that 38% and 5 rebounds is not acceptible for a starting PF. He can get back on the floor when he decides he actually wants to play.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
I don't think we should have planned it that way. You expect adults to act like it. Sure Kieff would be upset, but then he gets over it and moves on. We don't have to play him, but we don't have to just trade him for nothing either. Give him a few DNP's.

When he gripes, tell him that 38% and 5 rebounds is not acceptible for a starting PF. He can get back on the floor when he decides he actually wants to play.
So he sits, collects his 8M, and waits us out. We will lose our money, and he will get it. No big deal for him. He doesn't strike me as a guy that is dying to be out there to prove himself. He is a sulking baby, and likes to whine. We have known that. So the org should have known it would turn out this way. It isn't surprising to anyone here, right? Nobody thought, "Oh, I am sure Keef will act like an adult after we tried to sign his replacement and traded away his reason for living."

pickle

Post by pickle »

I wonder at this point what options we have. I'm glad the team didn't take bullshit from him and try to trade him and appear vulnerable, but the on-court product clearly isn't working. If we can move him for a couple of second rounders, one being a high one, then I'd do it. I'd also love to get an actually useful piece back but that's probably too homerific of me at this point. I'm also not opposed to just putting him on the bench and never playing him until the mental focus is demonstrably back. At least that way we can witness some usable improvement from the young players.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Keeping him so we can 'win' is stupid. He is hurting the team big time on the court. This has addition by substraction written all over it.

A number of teams looked like they needed a PF before the start of the season and it's been confirmed already. Washington, Toronto, Detroit. I'm sure if you present a trade that's neutral to them cap wise, they'll bite if the cost is an asset like a protected 1stR or a kid out of their rotation.