RC Buford: Executive Of The Year

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: RC Buford: Executive Of The Year

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:I don't really care that McD got Shavlik Randolph. I thought of him as an end-of-the-bench guy probably brought in for practice time and as insurance against injuries, anyway. He didn't really make an impact, but I expected nothing more.
Mori! Answer your PMs or at least update us here. Any word from Sose?
sose must be having financial difficulties.

TOO

Post by TOO »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:I don't really care that McD got Shavlik Randolph. I thought of him as an end-of-the-bench guy probably brought in for practice time and as insurance against injuries, anyway. He didn't really make an impact, but I expected nothing more.
Are you sure its not race related? :shock:

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Are you sure its not race related? :shock:
???

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote: Mori! Answer your PMs or at least update us here. Any word from Sose?
Good luck getting Mori to answer his PMs. Lol. He's, lets say, not very prompt in doing that.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Shavlik was ctually needed because Miles was going thru his lifeless stretch and Len was not playing. The practice boy was Slava and they cut him to make room for the new guy (who actually was somewhat decent).
He was definitely an upgrade over Slava. Coach used him late in the season and he was decently effective.
The best thing you could say about Shavlik was that he didn't screw up. He was a decent rebounder, but it was played up because he was playing next to some poor rebounders. Pretty useless player on offense.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shavlik will end up in the front office or coaching staff once he decides to quit playing. book it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sorry guys! I have been going nuts with my teaching lately. Still in my first academic year here at Stanford. My midterm is at the start of next week and I have to get a new assignment and grading criteria out too. So I haven't yet emailed Sose. But I will do it ASAP, hopefully this weekend.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Sorry guys! I have been going nuts with my teaching lately. Still in my first academic year here at Stanford. My midterm is at the start of next week and I have to get a new assignment and grading criteria out too. So I haven't yet emailed Sose. But I will do it ASAP, hopefully this weekend.
Alright, hang in there. I guess the young minds of America are more important than this message board. 8-)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:Sorry guys! I have been going nuts with my teaching lately. Still in my first academic year here at Stanford. My midterm is at the start of next week and I have to get a new assignment and grading criteria out too. So I haven't yet emailed Sose. But I will do it ASAP, hopefully this weekend.
humblebragging again, eh chu?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Let's have more posts like that, sdc. That made me chuckle.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Haha, I almost didn't say "at Stanford" for that reason, but I left it in the message. I deserve that ribbing. It reminds me of that Sprite ad where the supposedly bad ass basketball guy says, "Don't talk to me like a child, I played Hamlet at Cambridge!"

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:Haha, I almost didn't say "at Stanford" for that reason, but I left it in the message. I deserve that ribbing. It reminds me of that Sprite ad where the supposedly bad ass basketball guy says, "Don't talk to me like a child, I played Hamlet at Cambridge!"
how smart are you really, chu mo ri?

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Mori puts the men in mensa, that's all I know!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

SDC wrote:
Well, like the great Tony Stark answered to none other than Captain America:

Captain America: Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?
Tony Stark: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

We have here our very own Standford Cathedratic, Phx.net site sponsor and well versed basketball mind resident, so yeah, I think he is entitled to some humblebragging.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I also have a cute girlfriend. And I'm a decent StarCraft player. OK, OK, I'm done. ... Seriously, though, so glad this site is sort of working out thus far. I know we don't have a ton of traffic yet, but I really think this place is a great place to talk Suns and NBA. I was missing this a lot during the dark times when there was no .net. I'm really glad that all you guys are here and posting and participating in our little community. It means a lot to me to have you here to talk to like this. This is fun!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
SDC wrote:
Well, like the great Tony Stark answered to none other than Captain America:

Captain America: Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?
Tony Stark: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

We have here our very own Standford Cathedratic, Phx.net site sponsor and well versed basketball mind resident, so yeah, I think he is entitled to some humblebragging.
how much are you getting paid by chu?

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

... And how much are you getting paid by Pau? :mrgreen:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:... And how much are you getting paid by Pau? :mrgreen:
Heh. I thought maybe Pau was a relative of sdc.

Maybe the Pau to Suns talk can stop now that he has expressly stated his preferences and one of them isn't the Suns.

Nah.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Maybe the Pau to Suns talk can stop now that he has expressly stated his preferences and one of them isn't the Suns.

Nah.
When does reality has been an obstacle to SDC opinions?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Heh. I thought maybe Pau was a relative of sdc.

Nah.

interesting, because before the trade deadline, he was interested with the idea of going to the suns. at least the suns can still go after gortat in the off season.
Last edited by SDC on Sun May 11, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.