Game Day: Hornets (17-17) @ Suns (12-25), Wed 1/6/16

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
UglyTruth

Re: Game Day: Hornets (17-17) @ Suns (12-25), Wed 1/6/16

Post by UglyTruth »

Anyone see what Hornacek's explanation was for benching Booker and starting Price over him?

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

SUNS WIN !!!!

SUNS WIN !!!!
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The crowd was very happy with the win. The Suns were relieved.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Boooooo, a win.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Great to see the kids producing, but this win has moved the Suns from #4 to #6 in the draft. This is not what the franchise needs.

If Tucker, Teletovic and Price are going to help a team get wins, it better be for somebody else. NOP or BRY if possible.

By the way, Price starting over Booker? Even when there is no other PG on the bench? Smh.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Ok just turned it on and the 1st thing I hear is Ronnie Price started instead of Booker?!! WTF?! Fuck off Jeff. Fuck off forever.
Good grief! Sober up. He's trying to get BK right by moving him off the ball at least to begin with.

Booker will still get his minutes.

pickle

Post by pickle »

We can send Price to Brooklyn for future considerations maybe. They could sure use a pg now that Jack is done for the season. They are getting a disabled exception for Jack so they can take on some salary without giving anything back. Or let's say we get a 2nd rounder 4 yrs down the line, I don't care at this point. Like Price's effort, but he's not gonna help this team much in the near future I'm afraid.

pickle

Post by pickle »

And there was an article on ESPN today saying the Thunder should go for Courtney Lee, even though they probably can't get him. In the article it mentions that Tucker would be another possibility, albeit poorer fit than Lee. I think that in terms of allowing the Thunder to go small, Tucker is a better option by taking the opposing 4 on defense and allowing Durant to save some wear and tear, rather than having Durant play 4 and Lee 3 on defense. And I'd move him for a second rounder! Or McGary? Do we want McGary?

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

JCSunsfan wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Ok just turned it on and the 1st thing I hear is Ronnie Price started instead of Booker?!! WTF?! Fuck off Jeff. Fuck off forever.
Good grief! Sober up. He's trying to get BK right by moving him off the ball at least to begin with.

They should worry less about getting Knight "right" and more about getting him out of town.

And I'd like to see Hornacek stick to a god damn CONSISTENT LINEUP FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE.

Booker and Warren can only benefit with starting experience.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JCSunsfan wrote:

Ronnie Price should never play ever. Ever.

TOO

Post by TOO »

UglyTruth wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

They should worry less about getting Knight "right" and more about getting him out of town.

And I'd like to see Hornacek stick to a god damn CONSISTENT LINEUP FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE.

Booker and Warren can only benefit with starting experience.
Yes.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Coach made a bold move starting Price. Needed defensive intensity with the starters, and he got it. Booker had really struggled as a starter, and he did much better tonight coming off the bench in plenty of minutes. Don't know what everyone's complaining about.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

That was the worst starting line up I've ever seen. It worked. I am not sure why it worked but it did. I was half paying attention to the game and kept looking up at the score going, "How?"

I guess the Suns should practice bowling between every game.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

OE32 wrote:Coach made a bold move starting Price. Needed defensive intensity with the starters, and he got it. Booker had really struggled as a starter, and he did much better tonight coming off the bench in plenty of minutes. Don't know what everyone's complaining about.
Not sure if you watched, but the defense with our "defensive" lineup was awful. The offense was surprisingly competent.

carey

Post by carey »

djy2j wrote:That was the worst starting line up I've ever seen. It worked. I am not sure why it worked but it did. I was half paying attention to the game and kept looking up at the score going, "How?"

I guess the Suns should practice bowling between every game.
It didn't work that well. We won because Leuer, Booker and Warren played well. And Mirza hit a couple of big 3's down the stretch when Charlotte was trying to make a run. It will be the worst starting line-up in the league if Hornacek sticks with it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Shabazz wrote:
OE32 wrote:Coach made a bold move starting Price. Needed defensive intensity with the starters, and he got it. Booker had really struggled as a starter, and he did much better tonight coming off the bench in plenty of minutes. Don't know what everyone's complaining about.
Not sure if you watched, but the defense with our "defensive" lineup was awful. The offense was surprisingly competent.
No need for condescension. :) I said it was more intense - not that it was effective. The Hornets were hitting threes at a great clip. The difference in the energy level with the starting group and the group that played the previous two games was obvious.

The reason we won, IMO, was both because we were on a fire from distance and the Hornets repeatedly failed to exploit the weakness of our interior D when Chandler and Len didn't play most of the second half.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:Credit the win to bowling, or to me and DC at Z?
Sorry guys. Been sick this week and got the worst of it yesterday afternoon/evening.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

OE32 wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
No need for condescension. :) I said it was more intense - not that it was effective. The Hornets were hitting threes at a great clip. The difference in the energy level with the starting group and the group that played the previous two games was obvious.

The reason we won, IMO, was both because we were on a fire from distance and the Hornets repeatedly failed to exploit the weakness of our interior D when Chandler and Len didn't play most of the second half.
Wasn't my intention to be condescending. Apologies.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Shabazz wrote:
OE32 wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Wasn't my intention to be condescending. Apologies.
No worries homie. 8-)

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:Credit the win to bowling, or to me and DC at Z?
Sorry guys. Been sick this week and got the worst of it yesterday afternoon/evening.
All is forgiven.
We'll send you a case of Extra-Strength Nyquil -- the moonshine of medicines.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?