Trade Deadline 2016

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Trade Deadline 2016

Post by pickle »

carey wrote:
DrSublime wrote:my prediction. 3 team trade.. with some version of these parts.
Kieff+Mirza, Ben McLemore and Rudy Gay+ Miami sending out Hassan.
and somehow the suns end up with Michael Beasley again...............
He's playing in China. So that would be odd.
But hey, he's averaging 32 pts in China and broke the CBA all star game's scoring record two years in a row! He's basically the Russell Westbrook of China!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

pickle wrote:
carey wrote:
But hey, he's averaging 32 pts in China and broke the CBA all star game's scoring record two years in a row! He's basically the Russell Westbrook of China!
And he was the Wizard of Oz Scarecrow of the NBA.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

pickle wrote:
INFORMER wrote:I would offer Brandon Knight to Utah for Dante Exum and Trevor Booker. And yes, I know Exum is injured.
I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. But I can't see Utah pulling it... Exum was a pretty big part of their defensive surge post-all star break last year, wasn't he?
I don't know about that, but I do know they are in the playoffs without him, they sunk a bunch of money into another big combo guard (Alec Burks), Rodney Hood has secured the wing position next to Hayward, and Exum tore his ACL. So there are a lot of factors IMO that would lead them to possibly entertain that deal.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Knight makes alot of sense for Utah. Sounds like they are eyeing Lawson though...

Knights injury and unsure time table on his return really hurts are chances of dealing him
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Cavs interested in Ryan Anderson. He'd help them alot. Sounds like in order to get him though Love may need need to be redirected to a 3rd team....Boston perhaps.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Cavs interested in Ryan Anderson. He'd help them alot. Sounds like in order to get him though Love may need need to be redirected to a 3rd team....Boston perhaps.
How about Phoenix.

Cleveland gets Anderson, Tele, Tucker, and their own first back from Phoenix and a pick from NO.
NO gets Markieff
Phx gets Love

I mean, if Cleveland really wants Anderson because they think he is as good as Love and cheaper. They have to think that, otherwise they are getting ripped off in this trade.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Would anyone be interested in Jahlil Okafor?

pickle

Post by pickle »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Cavs interested in Ryan Anderson. He'd help them alot. Sounds like in order to get him though Love may need need to be redirected to a 3rd team....Boston perhaps.
I haven't seen this rumor anywhere, but the personnel certainly makes sense. They are basically using Love as if he was Ryan Anderson anyway, and if they move Love's contract, whatever they pay Anderson will be far easier to absorb.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

carey wrote:
thats the point, this Suns regime is so inept i expect something ridiculous.
~~~~~

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:Would anyone be interested in Jahlil Okafor?

Depends. He can't guard a chair. People not happy with him here in Philly...

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:
pickle wrote:
INFORMER wrote:I would offer Brandon Knight to Utah for Dante Exum and Trevor Booker. And yes, I know Exum is injured.
I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. But I can't see Utah pulling it... Exum was a pretty big part of their defensive surge post-all star break last year, wasn't he?
I don't know about that, but I do know they are in the playoffs without him, they sunk a bunch of money into another big combo guard (Alec Burks), Rodney Hood has secured the wing position next to Hayward, and Exum tore his ACL. So there are a lot of factors IMO that would lead them to possibly entertain that deal.
True. I guess if he will lose his athleticism, his stock could drop pretty far. I'm not saying his Shaun Livingston but his value takes a hit. On the other hand it seems they are shopping both Burke and Burks, so it still feels like Utah is high on Exum.

pickle

Post by pickle »

JCSunsfan wrote:
How about Phoenix.

Cleveland gets Anderson, Tele, Tucker, and their own first back from Phoenix and a pick from NO.
NO gets Markieff
Phx gets Love

I mean, if Cleveland really wants Anderson because they think he is as good as Love and cheaper. They have to think that, otherwise they are getting ripped off in this trade.
I honestly have very little interest in adding Love or Griffin to this team. I'd like for us to clean house, and keep the youngsters, and it sounds like Bledsoe is staying and that makes sense, given that his injuries lower his trade value. But let's just suck for real for a couple of years and see which of our young pieces are future building blocks, and how they need to be complemented, before we start bringing these 20+ mil per year guys in who need to win now. It also scares me that both Griffin and Love are poor defenders.

I'd rather we get a couple of good pieces in the draft over the next two years and make a run for Ibaka, when that whole OKC situation implodes.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JCSunsfan wrote:
How about Phoenix.

NO gets Markieff
Phx gets Love

So the Suns turn Kieff/Tucker/Cavs 1st rounder into Love? And New Orleans gives up a pick for the privilege for getting Markieff Morris? I can't see any of that happening.

Honestly, I don't any interest in Love. I don't think giving up pieces for him will help us build a contender. It may get us back in contention for a playoff spot, but we'll just be spinning our wheels. He'll be 28 in September, and I think this team is long ways away from being able to make the most of his prime.

pickle

Post by pickle »

This is probably my long time pain with the Suns' inability to defend speaking, but I really don't want to pick up another guy who doesn't scare opponents in the paint. I'd take a shot with Embiid before Okafor.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

pickle wrote:On the other hand it seems they are shopping both Burke and Burks, so it still feels like Utah is high on Exum.
That very could be the case. OR, there just may not be much of a market for a prospect rehabbing an ACL injury.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... ke-griffin

Thats the Cavs Anderson rumor link. Saying NO/Boston/Cle

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Ronnie price makes sense for the clippers. He is worth next to nothing but he's an upgrade over prigoni.

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:
pickle wrote:On the other hand it seems they are shopping both Burke and Burks, so it still feels like Utah is high on Exum.
That very could be the case. OR, there just may not be much of a market for a prospect rehabbing an ACL injury.
Agreed. They've definitely given up on Burke, and Burks is a more useful prospect for them. As for Exum, I would absolutely take a chance on him. What'll it take though? Goodwin probably not enough, and I'm loathe to give up any draft picks.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

pickle wrote:
This is probably my long time pain with the Suns' inability to defend speaking, but I really don't want to pick up another guy who doesn't scare opponents in the paint. I'd take a shot with Embiid before Okafor.
well the last time the Suns got an offensive force at PF from Philly worked out very well.......

~~~~~

pickle

Post by pickle »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Ronnie price makes sense for the clippers. He is worth next to nothing but he's an upgrade over prigoni.
Detroit needs another pg...