Trade Deadline 2016

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Trade Deadline 2016

Post by pickle »

Sunsfan4life wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... ke-griffin

Thats the Cavs Anderson rumor link. Saying NO/Boston/Cle
Thanks for the link SF4L. Having spent a lot of time in Boston, I guess I'd be looking out for the Celtics' interests in any such trade, and I wouldn't want to do that if it meant giving up Crowder. I'd probably rather send out any one of the other big men in the trade, and use Lee to match salaries. Sullinger, Amir Johnson, Jerebko, and maybe even Marcus Smart. But I think Crowder is the glue that's holding the whole thing together and losing him will hurt a lot.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ok, tired reading a million pages of what we think could happen. IF something DOES happen, somebody promise to make a new thread with the trade name on it please.

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
DrSublime wrote:my prediction. 3 team trade.. with some version of these parts.
Kieff+Mirza, Ben McLemore and Rudy Gay+ Miami sending out Hassan.
and somehow the suns end up with Michael Beasley again...............
He's playing in China. So that would be odd.
If it somehow happens, I'm blaming DS.

Be careful with the idiotic shit you suggest. They might read the site for ideas and take the worst ones.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:Would anyone be interested in Jahlil Okafor?
what would it take?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Good question.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

INFORMER wrote:Good question.
according to Philly, they want picks and will take on bad contracts...

Morris+ our 2nd pick this year etc etc etc
~~~~~

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I kind of don't want us going after a PF of the future before we know how the draft plays out. I guess it all depends who's available and at what cost.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I don't think Okafor would have to be anointed the PF of the future.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

DrSublime wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Good question.
according to Philly, they want picks and will take on bad contracts...

Morris+ our 2nd pick this year etc etc etc
That's not their asking price for Okafor, though.

I would probably offer Archie Goodwin, 2017 second round pick, and the draft rights to Bogdan Bogdanovic.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

That wasn't really directed at the Okafor question. More of a general feeling. As it stands, I think Okafor is probably best at the 5.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

And if I couldn't get Utah to budge on Exum, I'd consider sending Knight, Tucker, and Markieff to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Bojan Bogdanovic, and Markel Brown. Buy-out JJ after the deal was done.

I'd also look at sending P.J. Tucker to OKC in a deal that would net the Suns Mitch McGary.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote: I'd also look at sending P.J. Tucker to OKC in a deal that would net the Suns Mitch McGary.
That's one I've proposed before as well.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

[youtube][/youtube]

EDC

Post by EDC »

I read somewhere that Gambo said he heard that PJ was told by the front office that he wouldn't be moved. So little speculation concerning the Suns. You would think something might have leaked at least from the other teams. I have a bad feeling we aren't making any deals.

Just not sure why you wouldn't move PJ now if you were planning on going with the young guys. His value is high. So if he stays he is probably back with us next season making sure TJ gets 10 or less minutes a game. Can you imagine if they bring back everyone under contract for next season? So depressing. The icing on the cake would be them giving Watson a 4 year deal or some shit.

Kill me now.

edit: The only thing worse would be if McD trades our young guys and picks for Howard. If that happens I would have to change my E to a S and go crazy.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:And if I couldn't get Utah to budge on Exum, I'd consider sending Knight, Tucker, and Markieff to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Bojan Bogdanovic, and Markel Brown. Buy-out JJ after the deal was done.

I'd also look at sending P.J. Tucker to OKC in a deal that would net the Suns Mitch McGary.
Do this McDoormat, do all of this.

Cap

Post by Cap »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
INFORMER wrote:And if I couldn't get Utah to budge on Exum, I'd consider sending Knight, Tucker, and Markieff to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Bojan Bogdanovic, and Markel Brown. Buy-out JJ after the deal was done.

Do this McDoormat, do all of this.
No more brothers!

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

They aren't even from the same country :)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I do have interest in Okafor but Archie and Bog is a ridiculous offer, although if the 76rs take it by all means go for it. Jahill is not a perfect player but come on.

If the Suns got him I'd envision an offense similar to what Mike D did when we first got Shaq. Then if Okafor learns to make an impact on both ends of the floor and doesn't become a liability, you hand him the keys. But first we'd need someone better than Bledsoe-Knight to feed him.

How about something around Len to Atlanta, Schroder/Teague to the 76rs and Okafor to Phoenix.
Last edited by Ring_Wanted on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Dumping everything on the Nets has been proposed a couple of times, as well as PJ for McGary. The OKC deal should be doable, but I don't see McD giving up Knight+ for RHJ, cap space and no picks.

If I am Utah I don't see why I even entertain offers for Exum at this point unless something huge came up. My priority would be moving Burke so I don't have to pay him, aiming for a stopgag PG and something else as the floor of a deal. Houston is said to be interested, and it makes sense as they could use a Jason Terry type off the bench. Under that light, Knight could be appealing to HOU too.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:Would anyone be interested in Jahlil Okafor?
Whats the difference between him and say Enes Kanter?