Trade Deadline 2016

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Trade Deadline 2016

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Whats the difference between him and say Enes Kanter?
The contract, for starters. Also, Jahill has some range in his shot plus he is patient with his back to the basket and can make a good pass.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Shabazz wrote:
INFORMER wrote: I'd also look at sending P.J. Tucker to OKC in a deal that would net the Suns Mitch McGary.
That's one I've proposed before as well.
This deal I would do in a heartbeat.

pickle

Post by pickle »

EDC wrote:I read somewhere that Gambo said he heard that PJ was told by the front office that he wouldn't be moved. So little speculation concerning the Suns. You would think something might have leaked at least from the other teams. I have a bad feeling we aren't making any deals.

Just not sure why you wouldn't move PJ now if you were planning on going with the young guys. His value is high. So if he stays he is probably back with us next season making sure TJ gets 10 or less minutes a game. Can you imagine if they bring back everyone under contract for next season? So depressing. The icing on the cake would be them giving Watson a 4 year deal or some shit.

Kill me now.

edit: The only thing worse would be if McD trades our young guys and picks for Howard. If that happens I would have to change my E to a S and go crazy.
This made me laugh. And I too don't understand why we don't move PJ right now. His value won't be as high as now, because I'm guessing his athleticism will continue to wane and he won't be seen as a 3D guy next year, as he won't be able to produce much of either. Instead he'll be an expiring deal that we throw into whatever trade we end up doing to match salaries, and that's just too much uncertainty with the added benefit of stunting our other young players' growth. Ugh.

pickle

Post by pickle »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
INFORMER wrote:And if I couldn't get Utah to budge on Exum, I'd consider sending Knight, Tucker, and Markieff to Brooklyn for Joe Johnson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Bojan Bogdanovic, and Markel Brown. Buy-out JJ after the deal was done.

I'd also look at sending P.J. Tucker to OKC in a deal that would net the Suns Mitch McGary.
Do this McDoormat, do all of this.
I do like Exum, as well as RHJ, but if it's really true that there's a first rounder to be had just for Markieff, I'd do that. I know that we want to move Knight too, but I would say a first rounder is just as appealing as Markieff in any trade to the Nets at this point in their development curve, so that Knight dump is still on the table. Not a fan of Bojan, don't know anything about Markel Brown...

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Suns possibly working on a deal to send Mirza to Milwaukee per twitter posts from Real GM. Let the rosterbation begin!
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

djy2j wrote:Suns possibly working on a deal to send Mirza to Milwaukee per twitter posts from Real GM. Let the rosterbation begin!
Sweet. Maybe we can swing bringing back Ennis.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

If the Suns can swing Kieff/Tucker for Terrance Ross I'd be happy, hes Gerald Green lite
~~~~~

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Indy wrote:
djy2j wrote:Suns possibly working on a deal to send Mirza to Milwaukee per twitter posts from Real GM. Let the rosterbation begin!
Sweet. Maybe we can swing bringing back Ennis.
Yeah, getting an asset, any asset for Teletovic is great. Also gets Leuer back in the rotation (hated this decision by Watson).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So far this deadline is, well, dead.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Suns asking for Patterson and a 1st rounder from Toronto for Markieff. #KentuckySuns

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Patterson is limited and is not having a good season but he is a pro and wouldn't be surprised if he did well next year, particularly with his contract up. I'd take Pat and LAC's '17 1stR. Always been interested in Nogueira as well.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:So far this deadline is, well, dead.
Yeah, what a dud so far. Less than three hours to go and hardly anything has happened. Are we going to do ANYTHING?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

This feels like last year.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

iLLmatic wrote:This feels like last year.
Could be said about most seasons in the Sarver era

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Not a verified twitter account but we don't have anything else to talk about:

From RealGM board

Hearing Raptors working on a deal that would send PJ Tucker to Toronto for James Johnson & D.Wright

EDC

Post by EDC »

Why would we trade him for bench fodder? There has to be a pick involved I would guess.

Oops I ended up looking at Dorell Wright from the Blazers for some reason. Instead of Delon Wright. :)
Whats the deal with Delon? I don't keep up with college ball so I don't know much about rookies that haven't played much.
Last edited by EDC on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Houston has traded Donatas Motiejunas and Marcus Thornton to the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell @TheVertical
In deal, Detroit will send Joel Anthony and a protected 2016 first-round pick to the Rockets, league sources tell @TheVertical

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

iLLmatic wrote:This feels like last year.
As long as it doesn't end like last year.

carey

Post by carey »

How did Detroit just pull Motie? Wonder what the protection on that pick is.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:How did Detroit just pull Motie? Wonder what the protection on that pick is.
I wonder how bad his back is.