Markieff Morris to the Wizards

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: Markieff Morris to the Wizards

Post by iLLmatic »

I'm glad he's gone, I would've traded him for a 2nd round pick just to get his clown ass off the team.
Last edited by iLLmatic on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

He's going to play better in Washington, thats almost a guarantee. But you have to remember, no matter how good he plays there it just wasn't going to happen here, atleast not with this bunch.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

EDC

Post by EDC »

Indy wrote:
EDC wrote:
Indy wrote:
ShelC wrote:Seriously....now people are unhappy.
No shit. Be unhappy that we didn't turn Mirza into value. Or PJ. Don't be pissed that we got a decent 1st for Keef.
It is more that we are unhappy that Kieff tanked his value so effectively. I'm pretty sure most of us wanted him gone. He had to go but that doesn't mean the Wizards didn't get a steal.
But they didn't. They paid what he was worth. We fucked ourselves over because we invested in him.
I just think this time next year most people will look back at this deal as a steal for the Wizards. Kieff's value is at an all time low. When his head is on straight he is a good player on a great contract. There is definitely a risk for the Wizards but I think the payoff will be worth it.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

^ Who really cares? He's a cancer that needed to be removed.

Indy

Post by Indy »

EDC wrote:
Indy wrote:
EDC wrote:
Indy wrote:
No shit. Be unhappy that we didn't turn Mirza into value. Or PJ. Don't be pissed that we got a decent 1st for Keef.
It is more that we are unhappy that Kieff tanked his value so effectively. I'm pretty sure most of us wanted him gone. He had to go but that doesn't mean the Wizards didn't get a steal.
But they didn't. They paid what he was worth. We fucked ourselves over because we invested in him.
I just think this time next year most people will look back at this deal as a steal for the Wizards. Kieff's value is at an all time low. When his head is on straight he is a good player on a great contract. There is definitely a risk for the Wizards but I think the payoff will be worth it.
Which is why I said we got what he was worth. Will he be a better player there than here? Of course! But that doesn't mean he was more valuable to us.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
He tanked his value, not sure what you expected in return.
I expected a pick around that range but also a young player to help us going forward.
I didn't. They wanted a young player if the the pick was late first round. This has a good chance to be a lotto pick.

Sabonis, here we come.

EDC

Post by EDC »

You guys seem to be under the impression that I don't think we should have done this deal. I am happy he is gone. I'm confused how there is an issue about me stating I think the Wizards got a great deal. You guys just said of course he will play better for them. Which is basically exactly what I've been saying.

Shrug.
Last edited by EDC on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:
carey wrote:
I expected a pick around that range but also a young player to help us going forward.
I didn't. They wanted a young player if the the pick was late first round. This has a good chance to be a lotto pick.

Sabonis, here we come.
Good chance? With their easy schedule, I think they will make up ground. They are only 2 losses behind 8th place, 4 games behind 4th place.

Indy

Post by Indy »

EDC wrote:You guys seem to be under the impression that I don't think we should have done this deal. I am happy he is gone. I'm confused how there is an issue about me stating I think the Wizards got a great deal. You guys just said of course he will play better for them. Which is basically exactly what I've been saying.

Shrug.
I was probably responding to the board in general saying we should have got more. Although you didn't say that. So my bad. You can stop shrugging now. The Wizards got a good deal, and so did the Suns.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Indy wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
carey wrote:

Sabonis, here we come.
Good chance? With their easy schedule, I think they will make up ground. They are only 2 losses behind 8th place, 4 games behind 4th place.

So you are saying there is a good chance it WONT be a lotto pick? We want them to struggle.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Indy wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
carey wrote:

Sabonis, here we come.

So you are saying there is a good chance it WONT be a lotto pick? We want them to struggle.
Of course we want them to struggle--a bit. We want them to be the 10th pick in the draft. But that doesn't mean that our wants turn into reality. I think it is realistic for them to 13-17 range.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Well Kieff is gone. Wash was a perfect candidate (one more player to pursue KD) and the return is good enough. I'd rather have Oubre than the pick but I'm sure I'll like it at draft night. Humphries is serviciable. I'd look into waiving Teletovic (and Blair, obviously).

Glad this is over.

carey

Post by carey »

I am just happy that most of you guys are happy. Maybe the mood around here will be better for a while. :)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Hey, I would have been happy if they had left a burning sack of shit on our front step!

Good riddance!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Well Kieff is gone. Wash was a perfect candidate (one more player to pursue KD) and the return is good enough. I'd rather have Oubre than the pick but I'm sure I'll like it at draft night. Humphries is serviciable. I'd look into waiving Teletovic (and Blair, obviously).

Glad this is over.
So who is our new leader?

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

Indy wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Well Kieff is gone. Wash was a perfect candidate (one more player to pursue KD) and the return is good enough. I'd rather have Oubre than the pick but I'm sure I'll like it at draft night. Humphries is serviciable. I'd look into waiving Teletovic (and Blair, obviously).

Glad this is over.
that should be obvious, who's the least qualified.
Archie Goodwin.
~~~~~

Indy

Post by Indy »

DrSublime wrote:
Indy wrote:

Glad this is over.
that should be obvious, who's the least qualified.
Archie Goodwin.
Ooooh. Great logic. :lol:

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Better late than never.

Welcome to my personal inner circle of grossly detested former Suns players, Markieff.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

HALLELUJAH!!!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Anyone wanna start the Markieff Morris appreciation thread?
<crickets>
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."