Suns fans 2016 Suns Report Cards

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns fans 2016 Suns Report Cards

Post by Superbone »

dragickingdom wrote:Speaking of depressing, Wormwood would fit in just great right now.
No!!! That might be the tipping point. The last wafer thin mint for Mr. Creosote.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:We are getting #2, Philly #1, LAL #3, BOS #4. 76rs take Ingram. Simmons ours.
Lucky us.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:We are getting #2, Philly #1, LAL #3, BOS #4. 76rs take Ingram. Simmons ours.
Lucky us. :roll:
FTFY.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
Lucky us.
I know you are not a fan, but if we had #1, who would you take?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Lucky us.
It would have to be Ingram. They are the consensus 1 & 2 and then a big drop off.

From what I know, I'm still taking Simmons. PF is our biggest need.

"Be Legendary."

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Lucky us.
It would have to be Ingram. They are the consensus 1 & 2 and then a big drop off.

From what I know, I'm still taking Simmons. PF is our biggest need.
This seems to be the minority opinion, but I agree. Passing and athleticism are also two of our biggest weaknesses. If Simmons played point forward, I think it would mitigate the fact that Bledsoe's not really a point.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Lucky us.
I'm not ruling Simmons out, but if I was given the #1 pick today, and had to make a decision by the end of the day, here would be my ranking of options:

1. Trade it
2. Draft Simmons
3. Draft Ingram

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That's no easy trick to trade the number one pick and get good value out of it. What kind of trades would you entertain?

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

What is good value? I think it is easy to overvalue the pick just because it is the first pick. There's superficial, inherent allure to having the first pick, but the first pick is only as good as the prospects that are available and difference in prospects after that first pick is made.

Would you give up a king's ransom for Michael Olowakandi? Kenyon Martin? Andrea Bargnani? Anthony Bennett?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Lucky us.
I'm not ruling Simmons out, but if I was given the #1 pick today, and had to make a decision by the end of the day, here would be my ranking of options:

1. Trade it
2. Draft Simmons
3. Draft Ingram
Trading it would be a massive mistake this year. Particularly if you don't have a target in mind.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Indy

Post by Indy »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Lucky us.

1. Trade it
2. Draft Simmons
3. Draft Ingram
Trading it would be a massive mistake this year. Particularly if you don't have a target in mind.
Do you say that because you think Simmons is a guaranteed amazing player like KD, AD, Curry, LBJ, etc?

Cap

Post by Cap »

As a matter of history, when we trade away first round picks, we usually end up regretting it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:As a matter of history, when we trade away first round picks, we usually end up regretting it.
Plus, we've never had the number one in our 40+ year history. No way I'm trading it.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:What is good value? I think it is easy to overvalue the pick just because it is the first pick. There's superficial, inherent allure to having the first pick, but the first pick is only as good as the prospects that are available and difference in prospects after that first pick is made.

Would you give up a king's ransom for Michael Olowakandi? Kenyon Martin? Andrea Bargnani? Anthony Bennett?
So you're saying there's a good chance that both Simmons and Ingram will be a bust?

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I think both Ingram and Simmons will be good players. I keep going back and forth between the two. I would be happy with either of them.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JCSunsfan wrote:I think both Ingram and Simmons will be good players. I keep going back and forth between the two. I would be happy with either of them.
Agreed. Both are 3/4 combo forwards, or at least project to be, Ingram will need to add 25 lbs before I'd play him at the 4, but the 3/4 is our weakest position. I think both compliment our backcourt nicely by taking pressure off Bledsoe having to create offense for everyone. I know a lot of people here are down on Bled, but I think a Bled/Booker backcourt can work, especially with another creator at the 3 or 4. Simmons can be that player and I think Ingram will one day too. That's why I love Denzel Valentine, he'd be perfect at the 3 for us. I'd be very excited about a Bled/Booker/Valentine/Simmons/Len core.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
INFORMER wrote:What is good value? I think it is easy to overvalue the pick just because it is the first pick. There's superficial, inherent allure to having the first pick, but the first pick is only as good as the prospects that are available and difference in prospects after that first pick is made.

So you're saying there's a good chance that both Simmons and Ingram will be a bust?
No, I don't think they'll be busts, I just don't think they'll be as good as the perceived value of the #1 pick.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Lucky us.

1. Trade it
2. Draft Simmons
3. Draft Ingram
Why would you make a trade without a target in mind?

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:

No, I don't think they'll be busts, I just don't think they'll be as good as the perceived value of the #1 pick.
I think people hear #1 pick and think Lebron, Shaq, Duncan and AD. They don't think of Oden, Kandi, Kwame Brown, KMart and Bennett.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Simmons/Ingram are somewhere in the Wiggins, Irving, Wall, Brand grouping of #1 picks.