Post Your Draft Board

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Post Your Draft Board

Post by TOO »

AK47 is probably as good as a comp as any. I like Gordons passing/defensive potential a lot, but its hard for me to get excited for smaller PF with a limited offensive game. Now if he develops into a lockdown defender who gives you 10 boards and the occasional finish in transition then I could live with that.

I could see McD looking for a guy who can D up Griffin/Love etc and make them get out and run on D. I also wonder if him playing at Arizona is attractive for McD seeing as the Suns fans aren't exactly raucous at home anymore.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Anyone else think Kyle Anderson has the frame to be a PF? I'm warming to him the more I watch him. I hste him as a G, but I think at PF he'd me a nightmare. Seems like a guy the Spurs would move up to get

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:AK47 is probably as good as a comp as any. I like Gordons passing/defensive potential a lot, but its hard for me to get excited for smaller PF with a limited offensive game. Now if he develops into a lockdown defender who gives you 10 boards and the occasional finish in transition then I could live with that.

I could see McD looking for a guy who can D up Griffin/Love etc and make them get out and run on D. I also wonder if him playing at Arizona is attractive for McD seeing as the Suns fans aren't exactly raucous at home anymore.
I don't think him playing at Arizona will do anything to create raucous Suns fans. Building an exciting title contending team that can play both ends of the court will do that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Anyone else think Kyle Anderson has the frame to be a PF? I'm warming to him the more I watch him. I hste him as a G, but I think at PF he'd me a nightmare. Seems like a guy the Spurs would move up to get
I don't get your dislike for Gordon because he doesn't shoot as well as you think he should, but you like Anderson even though he can't even play on the other side of the court. Besides, he wasn't even that great of a shooter as a freshmen and improved.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Anyone else think Kyle Anderson has the frame to be a PF? I'm warming to him the more I watch him. I hste him as a G, but I think at PF he'd me a nightmare. Seems like a guy the Spurs would move up to get
KA is super duper Spurs'ish.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Anderson might not be a great or even good defender, but he's shown he can at least create TO's with active hands. I dont think Gordon has any real offensive upside, also I'm not sure what your beef is, I'm not comparing the 2.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think Andersons length will be a major plus, 7'2" wingspan with ability to pass and his anticipation in the passing lanes is fantastic. He rebounded at the same rate as Gordon as well. IDK, I think I might have missed the boat on this kid earlier because he's too slow to be a G. He's definitely in need of an NBA strength and conditioning program though, he's mushy and needs strength like a mofo. Definitely think he's in play at 18, possibly 14.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Yeah, I think Anderson has the potential to be a stud. I don't think it is accurate to say he can't play on the defensive end. He didn't always play well defensively, but I don't think he's someone you have to hide, and he has the length to make plays on the defensive end. Plus he's a factor on the boards.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Well - glad to see the board finally warming to Kyle Anderson. I've been a fan of his since last year & think he could really solidify playmaking off the bench for us. He's going to have to hit the weight room hard, do some serious toning and see about fixing the slow wind-up on his jumper, but imagine a complete bench line-up that boasts no one under 6' 5".

And INF is right on with his defensive potential - with his court awareness and 7' 2" wingspan, Anderson can still create some havoc and initiate a break.

Plus, he seems to be sliding down the boards enough that he might be had with #18.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I guess you don't have to hide Anderson and his lenght could save him if he is used at PF defensively but his lateral quickness and explosion is very suspect and if he wants to guard the perimeter he'll have a lot of trouble. On offense you don't worry, he is super skilled, but on the other side of the court there is real danger of giving up what he offers on O.

He'd be a great selection with a mid-late pick or if you have an extra first rounder, but I'd be very nervous if I walked from the draft with just him unless it was a team already stacked, like the Spurs as pointed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I do like Anderson's skills and his bball IQ is phenomenal, I am a little worried about his athleticism to be a great defender or be able to make plays better. I imagine that he can improve his athleticism by turning his pudginess into lean muscle. I think he can probably improve quite a bit in this department.

KiwiKeeper

Post by KiwiKeeper »

I go to school at the University of Arizona and was a witness of Gordon's abismal free throw shooting. But, what a lot of people don't know is that in practice he shoots 85%, so he has the skill, is just all in his head. If he can fix the mental side of it, he has a great shot and therefore a great all around game.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Hmmm...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Mental issues can be fixed. But they can also resurface and destroy a player (see Anderson, Nick).

If he can turn into a bulkier Marion, though...he'd be attractive regardless.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Not much Buzz on Anderson and I'm glad about that. I loved the way he played this year and is a guy I would consider at 14.More then likely though he isn't a lottery pick an we may be able snag him at 18.

The Gordon FT thing is what Mcdonaugh was talking about. Said he wasn't worried about it because he shoots a good % in practice and his form is good.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

virtual9mm wrote:Hmmm...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Mental issues can be fixed. But they can also resurface and destroy a player (see Anderson, Nick).
Or Charles Barkley's golf swing. If you can believe it, before he hit that person he had a normal, good looking swing.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

I don't have a board as we get little to no college coverage over here, sorry Cap.

What I'm intrigued about is what positions you guys think we will try to fill via the draft and which via trades?
I know it has been said that we won't be using all 4 picks this year to bring in 4 rookies, so if we are trading up or trading away, how many do you think we actually keep and in what position do we draft?
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I think I saw something from Gambo that said the Suns don't think any of the PF's in this draft are better then Kieff, so they aren't interested in trading up for one.

If that's the thinking, I disagree with it....Completely.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It just keeps getting better.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Barkley: "INFORMER is rollin' in his grave."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »