NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: NBA Western/Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:No contract will start at 45M. The salary cap will be at 89-92M and the max will be 25%-30%-35% depending on years of experience. Around 30M the first year of a LeBron, for instance.

2017 will be even wilder at a projected cap of 107M.
Which explains why the most likely Durant scenario is him resigning for one year in okc. Max starting salary for him in 2016 will be around 27 million. In 2017, that number jumps to 38 million.
Yep. Horford should probably go this route as well. Ten years of experience by then. Stay with the Hawks, Paul and Bud and get mad rich.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:No contract will start at 45M. The salary cap will be at 89-92M and the max will be 25%-30%-35% depending on years of experience. Around 30M the first year of a LeBron, for instance.

2017 will be even wilder at a projected cap of 107M.
Which explains why the most likely Durant scenario is him resigning for one year in okc. Max starting salary for him in 2016 will be around 27 million. In 2017, that number jumps to 38 million.
Yep. Horford should probably go this route as well. Ten years of experience by then. Stay with the Hawks, Paul and Bud and get mad rich.
Yep.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

wpmiller42 wrote:I know most probably wouldn't be a fan of this scenario, but if we got Biyombo on a reasonable contract. I'd love to run a twin towers lineup with him and Len. I know it didn't work out well with Chandler, but I think Biyombo does most of his work at the low post, and Len is better from the high post. I think the problem with the Len/Chandler duo is that they both tend to operate at the high post.
The problem is Chandler is not the rim protector he once was. Today Len is better beneath the rim defending. Chandler used to have the lateral speed to guard the pick and roll but he is almost a dinosaur now. I can take him as the third center, for instance.

Chandler operates at the high post, indeed, but since it is a different kind of play I think a competent coach and a competent point guard should be capable make them coexist, taking turns on usage or whatever. Currently the coach remains to be seen and the guards are what they are. Another finisher but with youth and agility would improve our defense a lot, I agree with this. PF is weak as fuck.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm Canadian, but would rather see Cleveland in the finals as a fan of basketball. I think OKC would absolutely crush the Raptors, but we'd get a good finals with OKC-CLE (which I also think OKC would win).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Raptors getting completely wrecked. Down 38-72 in the 3rd as I write this. They have been so putrid away from their home court.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No way they win the series. They could very well win game 6 but they'll just get blown out again in game 7 if they make it there.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Superbone wrote:No way they win the series. They could very well win game 6 but they'll just get blown out again in game 7 if they make it there.
There is always hope!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you're a Raptors fan, are you encouraged by this season and by this playoffs? Do you want to keep this team together and give it another go next year?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:If you're a Raptors fan, are you encouraged by this season and by this playoffs? Do you want to keep this team together and give it another go next year?
YES This is the deepest they have been in the playoffs. I'd see what I could add and enjoy the ride for a couple more years before they go back to another decade of being bad.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:If you're a Raptors fan, are you encouraged by this season and by this playoffs? Do you want to keep this team together and give it another go next year?
You say: we're even better with JV, hear us roar!
And then sign&trade Derozan for Booker :-P
Not sure about their cap situation, but I guess Horford would be good for them, they could use him at 4.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

No deal!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
No deal!
Agreed. No short term fixes. Build for the long term.

"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I didn't mean that I want it to happen of course.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Booker is a keeper! It would take a superstar to move him.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:Booker is a keeper! It would take a superstar to move him.
A superstar? There aren't many of them. Lebron, Curry, AD, KD, Westbrook. Maybe one or two more. Do you say this because you expect him to be a top 5 player in this league in the next few years?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
A superstar? There aren't many of them. Lebron, Curry, AD, KD, Westbrook. Maybe one or two more. Do you say this because you expect him to be a top 5 player in this league in the next few years?
I say this because he has just as much potential as anybody in the league who isn't a superstar.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

If it is not a real superstar I am only interested if it is the Freak or Porzingis. Booker is probably never reaching top5 status, but he is the jewel of the crown. He should be the sidekick to a true superstar and if you can't put those two together you really have very little.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I say this because he has just as much potential as anybody in the league who isn't a superstar.
I am very happy we have him, but I think there are many guys in the league that aren't top 5 that are better than him. He may achieve the potential we see in him, or he may turn into Zarko. If you can get a superstar for him, you do it. Of course you can't, because nobody but us Suns fans would value him in the likes of the Curry/LeBron/KD...

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

It pains me to even hear Booker and trade in the same sentence.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I am very happy we have him, but I think there are many guys in the league that aren't top 5 that are better than him. He may achieve the potential we see in him, or he may turn into Zarko. If you can get a superstar for him, you do it. Of course you can't, because nobody but us Suns fans would value him in the likes of the Curry/LeBron/KD...
So... what are you saying? Who do you want to trade him for?

"Be Legendary."