NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Post by carey »

I guess you all have seen that Givony updated his mock? He has the Celtics taking Chriss at #3, Suns with Bender at #4 and still Deyonta Davis at #13.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Can't see Chriss that high. Only positive seems to be that he jumps a lot, but is very limited skill wise, passive, little defense and is one of the worst defensive rebounders ever. Reeks of Hakeem Warrick. Pass in spades.

Dunn-Hield-Murray are the prospects I am interested in with our pick, but the current configuration of the roster is a huge problem.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I guess you all have seen that Givony updated his mock? He has the Celtics taking Chriss at #3, Suns with Bender at #4 and still Deyonta Davis at #13.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/
Please don't assume anything. I appreciate your posts.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Pretty sure if we had drafted Jah instead of Booker, nobody here would be complaining about his defense.
Would be complaining about Booker's defense?
Probably. :lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Can't see Chriss that high. Only positive seems to be that he jumps a lot, but is very limited skill wise, passive, little defense and is one of the worst defensive rebounders ever. Reeks of Hakeem Warrick. Pass in spades.

Dunn-Hield-Murray are the prospects I am interested in with our pick, but the current configuration of the roster is a huge problem.
He's not limited skill wise. He's a good shooter and can put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop. He's very athletic and mobile and could be a great defender. He already gets a lot of blocks and steals. Just needs some work on defending his man, which is pretty key, but I see no reason he can't be taught. He is a bad defensive rebounder, but he's a great offensive one. That tells me he needs to be taught positioning and how to box out, which is very doable.

I read that he's fairly new to basketball and with time we should see a lot of improvements. He could be another Hakim Warrick or Tyrus Thomas, but I think he ends up closer to Amare on the spectrum.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm thinking Tyrus Thomas with a jump shot.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Thomas would've been a solid player if he had a jump shot.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Danimal wrote:Quick question:

Who do people want to completely avoid at 4 and 13? (who are currently being discussed in that range)
That's a long list for me. The projected top 10-12 is really bad in general.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Can't see Chriss that high. Only positive seems to be that he jumps a lot, but is very limited skill wise, passive, little defense and is one of the worst defensive rebounders ever. Reeks of Hakeem Warrick. Pass in spades.

He's not limited skill wise. He's a good shooter and can put the ball on the floor and go to the hoop. He's very athletic and mobile and could be a great defender. He already gets a lot of blocks and steals. Just needs some work on defending his man, which is pretty key, but I see no reason he can't be taught. He is a bad defensive rebounder, but he's a great offensive one. That tells me he needs to be taught positioning and how to box out, which is very doable.

I read that he's fairly new to basketball and with time we should see a lot of improvements. He could be another Hakim Warrick or Tyrus Thomas, but I think he ends up closer to Amare on the spectrum.
Fair enough, but resembling Amare is a tall order. Bad defensive rebounder is a severe understatement, though. He is dreadful. Low intensity combined with a narrow frame I guess. I'd be so scared if he was our pick at #3 but my NCAA knowledge is limited. But really, is he a better gamble than Dunn, Hield or Murray (roster aside)?

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

INFORMER wrote:

Who do people want to completely avoid at 4 and 13? (who are currently being discussed in that range)
I believe you think we should trade both #4 & 13. Who or what would you like to get in return?

What are your thoughts on Okafor versus Len?

Always interested in you comments
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote:

Fair enough, but resembling Amare is a tall order. Bad defensive rebounder is a severe understatement, though. He is dreadful. Low intensity combined with a narrow frame I guess. I'd be so scared if he was our pick at #3 but my NCAA knowledge is limited. But really, is he a better gamble than Dunn, Hield or Murray (roster aside)?
I think Murray and Dunn are gambles as well. Dunn will be a good defender but he's got a lot of the "bad" parts of bledsoe in him, turnovers and poor outside shooting.

I've come around a little on Murray because he's a fantastic shooter, I just don't think he adds much anywhere else. I'm not convinced he's a pg, nor am I convinced he can defend anyone. If he proves capable of playing the point, he could turn into a pretty good player.

I do think hield is going to be a very good player and if it were up to me I'd consider him at #4 along with Chriss and bender. Chriss is so gifted offensively and athletically that I think he's worth the risk.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd trade 4 and 13 for Fluke Walton.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Covington and the Lakers pick for 4 and Knight. Its being reported here that the sixers LOVE Kris Dunn. Could be smokescreen, but not sure why you would smokescreen at 1.

Take Deyonta Davis at 13.

Call it a night.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Covington and the Lakers pick for 4 and Knight. Its being reported here that the sixers LOVE Kris Dunn. Could be smokescreen, but not sure why you would smokescreen at 1.

Take Deyonta Davis at 13.

Call it a night.
Why would the Suns do that? The two best pieces in the trade are coming from Phx.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Well I guess it's how you view this draft, but I disagree.....significantly. Lakers are most likely still gonna suck...hard next yr in a better draft. Covington, although he struggled for much of last yr, is a nice piece with an awesome contract. I think it's more likely the sixers wouldn't do it.

I posed to a sixers fan and he laughed and said he wouldn't do it just for the Lakers pick let alone COV.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Noel for Jeff Teague is being rumored from Roto.....

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd have thought Noel would fetch more given the ridiculous hype that surrounds him.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'd have thought Noel would fetch more given the ridiculous hype that surrounds him.
I doubt that deal happens. Teague only has one more year on his current contract then he's an UFA. You don't give up Noel to rent Teague for a single season. Now Schroeder I'd understand. 2 more years then he's an RFA. Even McDonough is not myopic enough to make the Teague trade.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JustWinBaby wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

I believe you think we should trade both #4 & 13. Who or what would you like to get in return?

What are your thoughts on Okafor versus Len?

Always interested in you comments

I think we should maneuver in the draft. I would probably trade down from 4 to 8, 10, or maybe even out of the lottery altogether.

I wouldn't be completely against acquiring Okafor.

And I like the idea of trading for Kenneth Faried.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Informer

you know he just wants the Suns to have a plan

A licky boom boom down