NBA Finals discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: NBA Finals discussion

Post by ShelC »

I don't think they'd want Chandler. They have enough big men that they already can't find minutes for.
Like who? Mozgov? Love and Frye are redundant. Thompson and Chandler can be the rebounding, defensive 4/5 pairing with Frye off the bench or start Frye and spread things out.

I also don't think Kyrie will be moved just yet and I don't think CP3 will be traded, nor do I think he puts them over the top. You might first see Blake get moved before CP3. Love for Blake?

Indy

Post by Indy »

If they get swept, they will absolutely make drastic changes in the off-season. I could see them bailing on Love and Kyrie. That could be good for us.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

What about Love for Chandler, Tucker, Archie and the 13th pick?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Wally_West wrote:What about Love for Chandler, Tucker, Archie and the 13th pick?
Not interested in Love anymore. I want to draft players and build that way.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Closeup of Lebron's face as Curry takes the ball away from him. He looks so sad!

The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

O_Gardino wrote:Closeup of Lebron's face as Curry takes the ball away from him. He looks so sad!

Ha! That's from the reg season if I am not mistaken. Hilarious stuff. You almost can hear 'oh man'.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wally_West wrote:What about Love for Chandler, Tucker, Archie and the 13th pick?
I think there's almost no chance that they would accept that trade. Those are a bunch of junk pieces we are sending them. They'd want #4 at least if not more.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I think I'd rather roll the dice on Bender than trade #4 for Love. I don't want a "safe" move that will safely lift us to the mediocrity treadmill. Bender is better for the cap situation and the draft situation in the near term, and has a better chance of being a key piece on a championship contender for us in the long term.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
I think there's almost no chance that they would accept that trade. Those are a bunch of junk pieces we are sending them. They'd want #4 at least if not more.
Love's durability is in serious question right now. As well as his production versus that monster of a contract. I still like his game and fit with the Suns, but I no longer think it's going to take a King's ransom to acquire him. I don't think Wally's deal will get it done, but I don't think we should consider the #4 either. I'm not sure Chandler does much good for the Cavs as currently constructed. Boston is probably the team that gets it done if they actually consider trading Love.

The situation is probably similar to the Suns with Knight. They will want a heavy return because of the steep price they paid for Love. You have to trade the player you have though.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I'd love to try to pry Love away from the Cavs. It's a bit much to scapegoat him, though, when the guy got a concussion in the first half. I keep wondering if they'll try to trade Kyrie for a more veteran PG like Chris Paul?

I don't think they'd want Chandler. They have enough big men that they already can't find minutes for.
Kyrie for CP3 is interesting, cavs obviously do it, but not sure about clippers. They are not too far off from being a contender and might be more inclined to trade Blake. But CP3-Lebron pairing would be fun and very dangerous. Not too mention, I think CP3 would find a better use for Love.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is dumb, but it made me chuckle.

[youtube][/youtube]

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Speaking of Tyson Chandler, did anyone watch him on ESPN NBA the Jump ?
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy

Post by Indy »

That article is prepping everyone for when the Cavs trade both of them this summer.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Those guys both used to be world class talents. At least, K Love was the best scoring PF, and best by a lot of advanced stats in the L. And Kyrie had a historically good rookie season, was a perennial all-star, and was considered one of the most "clutch" players in the game.

So what's up with those guys? Are they diminished after their respective injuries? Were they just never really that good and post-season play is showing their flaws? Are they caught in the cultural miasma that is LeBron Ball?

What do you think?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

Kevin Love isn't used where he is best. They basically use him like a spot up shooter, and hardly get him the ball.

Kyrie bought into his hype. He is a good player, but when you are the 2nd best player on your team, and the 1st best is Lebron, try not dribbling the ball for 18 seconds on half of your possessions. It is maddening.

I don't think Cleveland is a great team, despite having those guys. I think it was Cap or V9 that said they are less than the sum of their parts, and I agree. I would put the Warriors, OKC, and the Spurs clearly ahead of them.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

O_Gardino wrote:Those guys both used to be world class talents. At least, K Love was the best scoring PF, and best by a lot of advanced stats in the L. And Kyrie had a historically good rookie season, was a perennial all-star, and was considered one of the most "clutch" players in the game.

So what's up with those guys? Are they diminished after their respective injuries? Were they just never really that good and post-season play is showing their flaws? Are they caught in the cultural miasma that is LeBron Ball?

What do you think?
They are the same players, but both have had phisical Problems and have lost something there. Plus they where the first, second and third Option before and now they are basically a spot up shooter and a third option.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/740586620756332544

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Maybe CLE will finally realize that they need to play Channing Frye if they have any chance of beating the Warriors. Can't believe they didn't run with him in Game 2.

Indy

Post by Indy »

OE32 wrote:Maybe CLE will finally realize that they need to play Channing Frye if they have any chance of beating the Warriors. Can't believe they didn't run with him in Game 2.
I assume their thinking was if the Warriors are going to switch EVERYTHING, they would benefit from having a big center in the paint on offense, and hoped he could stop a few more of those easy layup the Ws were getting in game 1.

If it were me, I would start Frye, Tristan, and Lebron as your front court.