NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Post by Split T »

I like Dejounte, but I wouldn't take him at 13 and I don't think he lasts to 28. I too would be a bit worried he's just another Archie. However he did put up better numbers as a freshman than Archie did. And that athleticism and size is intriguing.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

INFORMER wrote:I just feel he isn't rated high enough to demand that. If I were NBA personnel, I'd like to be able to put him up against someone athletic and long and see how he fairs.
yeah I thought that would be one of the main things we would want to see from the workout. I believe Sabonis mentioned it was his agent's idea. Which probably isn't bad thinking on his agents behalf. Hire that man!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

INFORMER wrote:
OE32 wrote: With Valentine, I don't just worry about defense, but his athleticism in general. He excels at beating up on kids. Is he going to be able to get that shot off at the pro level? Is he fast enough to make a difference on offense? Hard to see how he excels. I pass at 13.
He can shoot. Period. I don't get the "beating up on kids" stuff. We're not talking about a big man with a pro body pounding thin freshmen in the post.

The reigning NBA champion has two guys, Curry and Green, who were knocked for their lack of athleticism. When a player is a flat out basketball player and highly skilled, I don't tend to worry about the combine stuff.

Valentine isn't going to be a first or second option, but I can see him being a great shooter, a high basketball IQ guy, and terrific threat at running the point from the small forward position.

I feel worst case you get someone like a Jarrod Dudley type from Valentine. Not an exact match, but a smart player (not IQ or whatever like Brown, ps up yours Brown), but a guy that would be a great team player, make the right plays and find ways to contribute despite athletic limitations.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

INFORMER wrote:
Split T wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Domantas Sabonis. Petr Cornelie. Denzel Valentine. Buddy Hield. Brice Johnson. Ante Zizic. Timothe Luwawu. DeAndre Bembry. Kay Felder. Joel Bolomboy.
I like a lot of these guys, I'm interested in your take on Petr Cornelie, I'd never even heard of him until I read a write-up on I think BSOTS. He seems very intriguing.
I'm really sold on him. I think he could be the quintessential role player on a winning team. I like his measurables, shooting touch, and reported team/lockerroom presence.

Seems quite mobile for a big man also. Needs to add a bit of muscle though. I like late in the draft as a 3rd string C or draft and stash

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think DeAndre Bembry is going to be a Jared Dudley type. Just a smart player, who does all the little things on the court.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:I think DeAndre Bembry is going to be a Jared Dudley type. Just a smart player, who does all the little things on the court.
He's also a significantly better athlete than Dudley.

carey

Re: RE: Re: NBA Draft Prospects Discussion

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:I think DeAndre Bembry is going to be a Jared Dudley type. Just a smart player, who does all the little things on the court.
He's also a significantly better athlete than Dudley.
But does he have athletic hands?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Chad Ford recently posted a new top 30. Players that seem to be climbing are Chriss, Sabonis, D. Murray, Bembry, all guys I like. Starting to look like we'd have to take Bembry at 13 if we want him.

Guys dropping are Valentine and Luwawu. I think both would be major steals at 28.

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/ ... mal-murray

Split T

Post by Split T »

Also, if Tyler Ulis is available at 28, I'd take him without hesitation. He's a smaller Chris Paul. Measured in at 5'10 with a 6'2 wingspan. Only 149 pounds though.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I hate the #4. Guys like Chriss and Bender might be our pick at that spot. Sabonis and Ellenson may fall to #13. Meanwhile, Brice Johnson may be there at #28. Who will be the better NBA player? NO IDEA.

I like so many of these guys - and am ambivalent about so many others - that it's easier just to note the ones I don't like.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's amazing to think that the draft is only a couple weeks away. Two weeks from tomorrow to be exact.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

4 Bender/Hield
13 Sabonis/Davis
28 Ulis/Prince

There are obviously many variables (guys I don't think will be available when we pick) but if we come out of the draft with a combo of them I'll be happy.
Doubling down at PF might not be a bad idea. I think it may be the best position in this draft too. Little Sabonis,Davis,Bender if we walk away with 2 of the 3 I'll be very happy.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:It's amazing to think that the draft is only a couple weeks away. Two weeks from tomorrow to be exact.
Cant' wait to see how the roster looks after draft night. There's no question in my mind we will make at least one trade.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I really don't see any appeal in Marques Chriss, Deyonta Davis, Jaylen Brown, Jakob Poetl, Wade Baldwin, Taurean Prince, or Furkan Korkmaz. Some of the worse top 20 projected picks I've ever seen.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

OE32 wrote:I hate the #4. Guys like Chriss and Bender might be our pick at that spot. Sabonis and Ellenson may fall to #13. Meanwhile, Brice Johnson may be there at #28. Who will be the better NBA player? NO IDEA.
Brice Johnson is very underrated. I would definitely take him over Chriss and Ellenson.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote: Brice Johnson is very underrated. I would definitely take him over Chriss and Ellenson.
You think so? He seems like Jared Jeffries to me.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

For those who like Cornelie, there's a short article about his workout on Suns.com

http://www.nba.com/suns/blog/french-pro ... ns-workout

And, FWIF, Sabonis is the biggest picture on the front page.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I think after what I have read about Jamaal Murray I did a 180 on how I feel. I want him at 4. I want a Suns version of the splash brothers. And I want it now :lol: I hate the living hell out of Calipari as a person but the guys knows basketball players and his comments recently gave me a different perspective. I want Bledsoe and Knight pushed out the door and I want a backcourt of Murray and Booker. I've just read alot of good stuff lately on Murray. I know no one here wants another Kentucky guard and I felt the same a few weeks ago. But if he's there at 4 then take him.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is the part of the draft process that I don't enjoy so much. I agree with you dj, I am waffling and want Jamal Murray too. I only worry about the defense with a Booker and Murray backcourt.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

New video on Juancho.

[youtube][/youtube]
Go Suns!

Og Snus!