Around the League: May 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Around the League: May 2014

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Vinnie Del Negro?

Would that be some sort of "contrast interview"? As in, any answer provided by the real candidates that resembles the answers given by Del Negro, are taken as a minus? :lol:
:lol:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

V. Del Negro? No relation to V. Stiviano?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The Sacramento Kings have let the Minnesota Timberwolves know they are interested in trading for All-Star forward Kevin Love – and the Kings would make a deal without any assurance from Love he'd re-sign with them, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

The Kings are willing to give up their eighth overall pick in this year's NBA draft and a combination of players for Love, even though he would not be expected to sign a contract extension before next season – if ever, with the rebuilding, small-market franchise, the source said. Sacramento envisions Love and DeMarcus Cousins playing alongside each other in the front court. Swingman Rudy Gay has a player's option for next season.

The Kings know they'd have to gamble on convincing Love to re-sign, given that the franchise is rebuilding and Love is looking to play for a contender after never reaching the playoffs with the Timberwolves.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-will ... 19118.html

I love it, no pun intended. I really would enjoy seeing Cousins and Love together.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
The Sacramento Kings have let the Minnesota Timberwolves know they are interested in trading for All-Star forward Kevin Love – and the Kings would make a deal without any assurance from Love he'd re-sign with them, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

The Kings are willing to give up their eighth overall pick in this year's NBA draft and a combination of players for Love, even though he would not be expected to sign a contract extension before next season – if ever, with the rebuilding, small-market franchise, the source said. Sacramento envisions Love and DeMarcus Cousins playing alongside each other in the front court. Swingman Rudy Gay has a player's option for next season.

The Kings know they'd have to gamble on convincing Love to re-sign, given that the franchise is rebuilding and Love is looking to play for a contender after never reaching the playoffs with the Timberwolves.

I love it, no pun intended. I really would enjoy seeing Cousins and Love together.
isnt that something i proposed for the suns, a deal for love that doesnt require him to sign an extension first? oh but that would be too stupid for the suns to do that, like mcdo situation (mcdyess) some here chimed... (unnamed)

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

INFORMER wrote:

Perfect. Let Sac-Town lose the assets and then swoop in on him next year...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Isn't Gay Cousins Love illegal in the state of California?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Love, Cousins, Gay, Thomas.. Thats A LOT of guys who need their shots there. I think they'd be better off with a guy like Thad Young.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think Rudy Gay would have to be part of a potential package for Kevin Love.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I don't like that deal for Sacto unless they can get him re-signed. Too much can go wrong for the boat load of assets they would give up.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Yes, Gay would have to go out. Otherwise the Kings don't have the contracts to make it work. You are not getting Minni to take back the likes of Jason Thompson or Carl Landry, even if they went full rebuilding once again.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I don't like that deal for Sacto unless they can get him re-signed. Too much can go wrong for the boat load of assets they would give up.
On the other hand, I get it. It's Sacramento; everything they do just turns to crap. And they've been bad for so long. I think for them, it's worth the gamble.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, Sacramento just needs to lock up some elite talent. They have been floating around with a bunch of B+ guys and no A's for too long. You need some real star talent to succeed in the NBA, and when such a talent is available, you do anything you can to get it.

TOO

Post by TOO »

You do anything within reason to acquire a star. Too much and youre the Knicks, stuck in limbo and might lose said star with nothing to show for it.

carey

Post by carey »

Must read on the messy Memphis situation: CLICK!

This Pera dude sounds worse than early era Sarver.
Pera flew to Memphis and held individual meetings with players, sources say. He began offering bizarre suggestions. He suggested Mike Miller, a longtime Grizzlies player who was re-signed in the offseason, could become a player-coach. He brought up the idea that Joerger could wear an NFL-style headset and take instructions on the sideline. When the Grizzlies faced Golden State in early November, Pera insisted that Joerger give significant minutes to fourth-year power forward Ed Davis. Davis played just one. Again, according to sources, Pera insisted that Joerger had to go. Only after it was explained how dysfunctional the franchise would look if it fired a first year head coach six games into the season did Pera back down.
Also read the part about how he challenged Tony Allen to a one-on-one game and invited the media. I doubt the dude could even beat the white mamba. (Watch this video of Scalabrine challenging the best street ballers in Boston after getting tired of people always asking why he's in the NBA: CLICK)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... draft-exum

Sixers reportedly have considered moving MCW and drafting Exum to replace him.

McD likes MCW.. Just sayin.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Also MCW/Dragic is far more appealing to me than Bledsoe/Dragic. Size matters.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wonder what they want?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I really wouldn't feel good about that pairing. I don't think they complement each other at all.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Also MCW/Dragic is far more appealing to me than Bledsoe/Dragic. Size matters.
Size matters. Bledsoe has the same wingspan, is close to MCW's standing reach (8.2-8.5) and is quicker and way more explosive.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
Posting now on ESPN: Vinny Del Negro has emerged as a serious candidate for Wolves job. Story on way momentarily
2 second-rounders it is, then.