NBA News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: NBA News: Offseason

Post by Indy »

Sunsfan4life wrote:You guys just went after the dude defending Mcdonaugh in the other thread. Well I shouldn't say "went after" but you called him out. I have no problem with that whatsoever. But that was a guy being positive and you differing with his opinion, how is that different then what happens here? I don't get it. I would argue the thin skin is the other way around.
Asking why you think that way isn't saying to stop posting your opinion.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

What I don't get is the call for me to be balanced. Am I suppose to say, "hey I just said two negative things, so now I need to come up with two positive things"?

I didn't like any of the draft picks. But should I have said, "oh, speaking out against all of the draft picks is a bit too extreme, let me pretend to like Tyler Ulis, just to keep the masses happy"?

It's real simple: if something happens that I like or agree with, or that I genuinely think it good, I'm going to be positive about it. If something happens that I don't think is good, or that I don't agree with, I'm going to be negative about it.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:It's real simple: if something happens that I like or agree with, or that I genuinely think it good, I'm going to be positive about it. If something happens that I don't think is good, or that I don't agree with, I'm going to be negative about it.
Perfect. (I'm being serious.)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:You guys just went after the dude defending Mcdonaugh in the other thread. Well I shouldn't say "went after" but you called him out.
Called him out?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

You have a right to post your opinion. I actually hated the Chriss pick too btw, and we rarely agreeing on things (so that means he's gonna be a star ofcourse).

But I will tell you that I'm not a fan of "hey I don't like whats going on maybe its time for me to take my hiatus". It's not a good look. It has a take my ball and going home vibe to it. Your better then that.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:You guys just went after the dude defending Mcdonaugh in the other thread. Well I shouldn't say "went after" but you called him out.
Called him out?
Challenged him? Same Same.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Called him out?
Challenged him? Same Same.
If this is going to be an apples to apples comparison, then show me my post where I complained about all the positivity, called him Pollyanna, and dismissed someone's opinion simply for being positive.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Indy wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:You guys just went after the dude defending Mcdonaugh in the other thread. Well I shouldn't say "went after" but you called him out. I have no problem with that whatsoever. But that was a guy being positive and you differing with his opinion, how is that different then what happens here? I don't get it. I would argue the thin skin is the other way around.
Asking why you think that way isn't saying to stop posting your opinion.

Bone asked for a "balanced take every once in a while" that was a fair request. He didn't even direct it at anyone specific. He didn't say "stop posting your opinion".

Cap

Post by Cap »

I hope everyone will get all this out of their systems by game time.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote: But I will tell you that I'm not a fan of "hey I don't like whats going on maybe its time for me to take my hiatus". It's not a good look. It has a take my ball and going home vibe to it. Your better then that.
I will take my ball and go home if people keep stopping the game to complain how I am playing.

Let's not misrepresent things here. I explained myself clearly. This isn't about me getting my way. If the way that I am posting becomes an issue, and I'm not going to change, then I'm not going to force my preferences on everyone else. I'd prefer to just excuse myself.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote: Bone asked for a "balanced take every once in a while" that was a fair request. He didn't even direct it at anyone specific.
SF4L, it was directed to someone specific:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote: We don't need to be positive for positive's sake but how about just a balanced take every once in a while? We've got a bunch of chicken littles running around here.
It has been the same thing every offseason for years now. Posters express their displeasure on the decisions being made, other posters start whining about all the negativity, someone rolls out the tired, lazy, and dismissive "chicken little" barbs, and so on.

And funny thing is, nothing has changed. Since 2010, the Suns claim to glory is a 48-win, 9th place finish. And yet people still get blasted for being negative.

Welcome to Suns fan purgatory. It's probably time for my annual hiatus.
It's called balance, INF. It's not all gloom and doom.
Just because he isn't offering high praise is he saying things are doom and gloom. He is saying we have wasted time and wasted opportunities. How can anyone argue with that? Or think that is doom and gloom?
Have you been actually reading his posts? Not everything the Suns do is terrible and misguided. To give our draft an F is laughable.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

That's a different post. He is addressing you directly there.The one I was talking about comes in regards to Another posters post about the past.

In that post he says its not all doom and gloom. It isn't (or atleast in his opinion it isn't). you got offended by that? When does he ask you to stop posting your opinion? If he does, my apologizes.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Cap wrote:I hope everyone will get all this out of their systems by game time.
My dumbass thought the game started at 7:30 my time (ET) so why not help out a poster in need?

ahh summer nights.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm not offended; I don't feel I'm a doom and gloom poster. And I definitely don't feel I'm channeling Wormwood. But whatever.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote: But I will tell you that I'm not a fan of "hey I don't like whats going on maybe its time for me to take my hiatus". It's not a good look. It has a take my ball and going home vibe to it. Your better then that.
I will take my ball and go home if people keep stopping the game to complain how I am playing.

Let's not misrepresent things here. I explained myself clearly. This isn't about me getting my way. If the way that I am posting becomes an issue, and I'm not going to change, then I'm not going to force my preferences on everyone else. I'd prefer to just excuse myself.

You very well can. It came off as a threat when u say it in the middle of a argument. Like stop treating me this way or I'm leaving. No offense dude, and this just isn't you but this is everyone, I don't lose sleep at night if someone else stops posting on this board. Love all of you but, it's your decision. I'm not (and I think this is what Bone meant) oing to change the way I post because someone else wants to leave. Again, this isn't directed specfically at you, but the whole "I'm leaving if..." speal doesn't do it for me. Someone else left earlier this yr saying that.

Ofcourse you know, after all this time you're going to get into more with others then the normal poster. It's a Suns board. I would assume you know this after all these years. I would also say you have people, such as Indy in this case, that back you up so it's not like "hey everyone is ganging up on me" type of thing.

I wouldn't want anyone to stop posting what they thought based on someone else. That's cowardly.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well HEAT sure been busy since the Wade news .....

Derrick Williams 1yr / 5mil
Wayne Ellington 2yr / 12mil
James Johnson 1yr / 4mil
Luke Babbitt 2nd rounder and cash

They are matching Nets offer to Tyler Johnson of 4yr / 50mil and ole boy Haslem finalizing a deal to be back in the mix
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Can't we all just agree..... That the Tyler Johnson contract is terrible.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:Can't we all just agree..... That the Tyler Johnson contract is terrible.
Agreed. And I like Tyler Johnson.

carey

Post by carey »

bajanguy008 wrote:Well HEAT sure been busy since the Wade news .....

Derrick Williams 1yr / 5mil
Wayne Ellington 2yr / 12mil
James Johnson 1yr / 4mil
Luke Babbitt 2nd rounder and cash

They are matching Nets offer to Tyler Johnson of 4yr / 50mil and ole boy Haslem finalizing a deal to be back in the mix
I wouldn't have thought Riley would go all Robert Sarver in the wake of losing Wade but at least they are mostly short term deals. Except the Bumpy deal, 4/50 for him is gross.

What really perplexes me is Portland matching Crabbe after signing the Alien to a huge deal. I guess they think he'll play SF but he's smaller than Booker.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Wish we had that heat pick next yr. It's basically Whiteside,Goran,Winslow and a bunch of bit players.