NBA News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: NBA News: Offseason

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Wish we had that heat pick next yr. It's basically Whiteside,Goran,Winslow and a bunch of bit players.
Bosh still may play though it seems like the Heat org is trying to get him to retire.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Wish we had that heat pick next yr. It's basically Whiteside,Goran,Winslow and a bunch of bit players.
It's a loaded FA class next summer, but all the Heat will have to offer is cash and beaches. Because they can't offer contention. Plenty of teams on the upswing in the east. I think it's very possible that their 2018 selection is in the lottery.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote: But I will tell you that I'm not a fan of "hey I don't like whats going on maybe its time for me to take my hiatus". It's not a good look. It has a take my ball and going home vibe to it. Your better then that.
I will take my ball and go home if people keep stopping the game to complain how I am playing.

Let's not misrepresent things here. I explained myself clearly. This isn't about me getting my way. If the way that I am posting becomes an issue, and I'm not going to change, then I'm not going to force my preferences on everyone else. I'd prefer to just excuse myself.
INF - I think I speak for most around here when I say that we would like you stick around. You're a mainstay of .net. You're knowledgeable, logical and opinionated. You're not just welcome here; you're wanted here. We'd miss you if you put the ball back in the garage.

I've tried to keep my responses to you and Indy and others topical. In the past, I've called out the negativity on this board as a general matter, because I've felt like I've been in the minority of fans the last couple seasons - and it's not just here, but other message boards, and out in the actual physical world I sometimes visit as well. I've gotten frustrated by how few have shared my optimism; really, I've worried that Sarver would pull the plug on McD, who I think is a great GM, and hand the reigns to some Billy King figure. You've been in the majority for a while (not Billy King supporters, but those who have negative reviews of McD) and it seems the consensus is starting to come my way. It's not a vindication of my view by any means, because things have changed, as they always do.

Please stay and argue with us. Please help keep this the most sophisticated forum for Suns discussion on the web.

:)

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Jared Jack to the Hawks on a 1yr deal for the vet minimum. Great deal. Nice vet to have around Schroder.

Grevis Vasquez to the Nets on a 1 yr deal. Terms undiscloed.

Stephen Jackson attempting a comeback with the Warriors.....I don't know where to go from there
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

In an interview with Colin Cowherd of The Herd, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical said he likes the Thunder's chances of keeping Russell Westbrook.

"I’ve been told Russell’s been very determined to lead the team they have, and I know that Russell really likes the town," Wojnarowski said. "He loves bringing in [Victor] Oladipo ... Steven Adams. Those are his guys. He thinks they’re a real talented team that if they can add another significant piece it puts them right back in contention. I think he’s embracing this, and he can go out next summer and get a $200 million dollar extension with Oklahoma City."
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Agreed on both. Esp. Turner. He needs the ball in his hands to be Effective IMO. How does that happen with C.J. and DAM? Even in a perfect situation thats too much money for Turner, but Portland just isn't a great fit.

I like Crabbe....but now your tying up 145 mil in two players that are secondary options at best.
Turner should have stayed in Boston. Almost by accident, he found the perfect role, roster and the perfect coach. Even became a fan fav. Money is money and maybe Ainge wanted nothing to do with him at anything remotely close to these new age contracts, but if the chance was there, his best option was to remain a celtic. Portland needed one more handler, though.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:How bout the Celtics renouncing the rights to Jared Sullinger making hi a UFA? Little surprised by that.
One of smartest moves this offseason, although it is easier to make when you have secured Al Horford.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

INFORMER wrote:It's amazing how well Boston is doing. I look at that roster and it just reeks. Outside of Olynyk (who hasn't even been a consistent contributor) and Isaiah Thomas, there really isn't anyone on that team that I would want. Maybe Crowder.
Coach Stevens. Quickly approaching guru status.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote: Exactly. It seems like some people are not happy unless everybody is miserable. I tend to stay away from these people in real life. Sometimes this board is unbearable but I try to keep a thick skin and grin and bear it. So I'm definitely not going to back down from somebody that threatens to take a hiatus. I'm also sick of people saying if this or that happens, they're out of here.
THIS

I'm with you in every word of your post.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
Bosh still may play though it seems like the Heat org is trying to get him to retire.
We have 2 future 1st round picks from them, right? In what years? Are they protected at all?

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:We have 2 future 1st round picks from them, right? In what years? Are they protected at all?
2018 protected 1-7 and 2021 unprotected.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:We have 2 future 1st round picks from them, right? In what years? Are they protected at all?
Mighty tasty. :P

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

As sad as I am that we let Dragic go, that is a pretty sexy deal now in retrospect. Two 1st-rounders for Dragic, and Miami gets stuck giving him a near-max contract deep into his 30s? Not bad.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Duncan decided to retire.

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

Indy

Post by Indy »

Furlanfufi wrote:Duncan decided to retire.

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk
And did it with just a simple press release via the Spurs.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
What are the rules on the protection? IIRC it isn't in favor of us very much. Anyone have the details?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
What are the rules on the protection? IIRC it isn't in favor of us very much. Anyone have the details?
2018 first round draft pick from Miami
Miami's 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-7 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019 [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2021 first round draft pick from Miami
Miami's 2021 1st round pick to Phoenix [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Those are the rules on protection. If it doesn't convey in 2018, it's unprotected in 2019. That's *extremely* favorable.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:As sad as I am that we let Dragic go, that is a pretty sexy deal now in retrospect.
To an elite few of us, it was a good deal prospectively as well. :P

Indy

Post by Indy »

Thanks Cap. That is much better than I expected. I thought I remembered it being rolled into 2020 or being swapped with another team on Miami's discretion.

Indy

Post by Indy »

OE32 wrote:
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Those are the rules on protection. If it doesn't convey in 2018, it's unprotected in 2019. That's *extremely* favorable.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:As sad as I am that we let Dragic go, that is a pretty sexy deal now in retrospect.
To an elite few of us, it was a good deal prospectively as well. :P
I think most of us said getting 2 first rounders was a good deal. But we also said it was short-sighted to bring in 3 PGs and alienate our best player and the best PG we had, and force our hand.