Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by INFORMER »

I said probably, which I would have thought it would be a clear sign that I wasn't saying anything definitive. And last time I checked, judgments usually are definitive.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:I said probably, which I would have thought it would be a clear sign that I wasn't saying anything definitive. And last time I checked, judgments usually are definitive.
OK, Mr. Lawyer.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

@Burnsy987: Some of the biggies in for Suns pre-draft workouts today: Gary Harris, James Young, Zack LaVine and Rodney Hood.

@Kris_Habbas: Suns Workout Today: Clint Capela (Swiss) Gary Harris (MSU) Zach LaVine (UCLA)Rodney Hood (Duke) Johnny O'Bryant (LSU) James Young (UK)...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nice. These are a bunch of the players that will be available at 14.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

According to my latest mock drass, the Suns are taking Harris #14. LaVine is gone at 9, Young goes #15 and Hood falls to the Thunder at #21.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Business just picked up
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:LaVine is gone at 9
I would trade up for LaVine.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Of this latest list, who would you want the Suns to pick, if they are all available at 14?

I am intrigued by LaVine, but if the Suns don't move up in the draft and/or trade the 14th pick, I think I would take Young out of this group.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:Of this latest list, who would you want the Suns to pick, if they are all available at 14?

I am intrigued by LaVine, but if the Suns don't move up in the draft and/or trade the 14th pick, I think I would take Young out of this group.
I really don't have any interest in James Young.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:Of this latest list, who would you want the Suns to pick, if they are all available at 14?

I really don't have any interest in James Young.
On second thought and re-evaluating Young, I'm changing my mind. Thanks, INF. I guess I thought he was a better defender, but he's not really very good. I'm going with LaVine, then Harris.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote: On second thought and re-evaluating Young, I'm changing my mind. Thanks, INF. I guess I thought he was a better defender, but he's not really very good. I'm going with LaVine, then Harris.
That's the order I would go with.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

"It's unlikely we'll draft eight (first-round) guys over a three-year stretch," McDonough said. "It's really hard to win that way and also the roster spots are limited. You only get 15, so you can't I don't think (have) more than half your team be either first, second, or third year players and also try to be competitive and make the playoffs and advance in the Western Conference."
http://www.arizonasports.com/41/1736943 ... uple-years

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It sounds more like he's thinking of these picks more as assets to improve. He's technically right, that would put too many young players on the team over that time, but I hate to see him say these things and paint himself into a corner while devaluing the picks/assets.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think Ryan likes Capela.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:I think Ryan likes Capela.
What makes you say that?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

From his interview today. It's not surprising. Capela is athletic and he can be stashed in Europe, thus preventing the cataclysmic presence of THREE rookies being added to the roster.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:From his interview today. It's not surprising. Capela is athletic and he can be stashed in Europe, thus preventing the cataclysmic presence of THREE rookies being added to the roster.
Lol. Yeah, I can see that. I'm guessing he would try to get him later in the draft and not at 14, unless he moved up.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I really wanted the Suns to get a pick and take Ibaka back in the day, but they didn't listen to me. Capela would be a good candidate for draft and stash.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think he would be in play at 18.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I agree Capela is high on the Suns' wish list, just reading between the lines. I also wonder if McDonough talking about picks like this is a way of shaking the tree, so to speak, to gauge what teams would give up for one/some of the picks.