Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:From his interview today.
Link please.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Can you still post vids in the posts?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Link please.
http://www.nba.com/suns/video/2014/06/0 ... mv-3290195

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Can you still post vids in the posts?
I don't think you can embed.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/first-roun ... ys-workout

“Just his length and athleticism, especially when we got going up and down the floor, he got up, finished some lobs above the rim,” McDonough said. “He blocked some shots and did some impressive things, athletically.”

“Clint plays in the first division in France. I think the competition level there is as good or better than major college basketball,” McDonough said. “He’s playing against men. He’s playing against guys who have been or will be in the NBA. If anything, that probably helps him.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Capela could def be in play at 14 if Harris is gone. I don't really see anyone else dropping there, maybe LaVine, but I doubt it. Capela/Anderson/Hairston would make my day.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Link please.
http://www.nba.com/suns/video/2014/06/0 ... mv-3290195
Thanks, iLL!

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

INF -- if McD is hinting at draft and stash, would you still be unhappy with him?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

The canonical doctrine is that draftand stash only is good if it is best player available. Could be the case with Nurkic, Porzingis or Saric (in case you like him, that's it) maybe Capela too.

BPA is a relative concept, though. Personally I'll look at the result of this draft as a whole for the Suns.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

virtual9mm wrote:INF -- if McD is hinting at draft and stash, would you still be unhappy with him?
Just get the best talent. Period. If that is a draft and stash player, so be it. But don't choose a lesser talent just because he can be drafted and stashed.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Ring_Wanted wrote:The canonical doctrine is that draftand stash only is good if it is best player available. Could be the case with Nurkic, Porzingis or Saric (in case you like him, that's it) maybe Capela too.

BPA is a relative concept, though. Personally I'll look at the result of this draft as a whole for the Suns.
Very possible that the likes of Nurkic, Saric and Capela are BPA based on the secondhand reviews that I've read, I know nothing of Pozingis. Let's see what happens.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Porzingis is very interesting. Talent wise he has been regularly considered among the players with the highest upside in the Under-x tournaments, and is actually playing for a playoff team in the ACB, Cajasol.

He is clearly too young and prone to getting lost on offense, and at this point it is easy to push around as he needs to gain a lot of strenght, but he is very fundamentally sound and plays on both sides of the court. He is fearless, moves around quickly and from what I've seen he has range and confidence in his shot. Phisically is a real 7', very long, and being so young I wouldn't be surprised if he had some growth left, but above all he needs to add muscle.

The downside is that he could end up being another Zarko Cabarkapa, but I believe that if he was american or played in college, he'd be much more hyped and would be a sure lottery pick.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Zarko Cabarkapa was actually VERY promising

:lol: untill he got injured! :lol:

My dad and I were at that game, vs the mavs, he had like 17 points and was about to BLOW UP and I think it was Erik Dampire the Vampire with that Chemistry Suck and ruined it for Zarko

Zarko might of been a flop after that, but just like how skyler diggins got ROCKED by a screen, Erik was a bit out of order, folks need to play nice, kids are in the stands, they didnt come to see injured players and just the like didnt come to see flopping
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

It was Fortson.

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

Such a shame for Cabarkapa`s career to end that way. He would be great for us in SSOL days backing up Amare and Marion. Ah well.

Captain Marv-el

sunset rubdown wrote:Such a shame for Cabarkapa`s career to end that way. He would be great for us in SSOL days backing up Amare and Marion. Ah well.
I agree, I really felt that he could of been a awesome back up
$HAϟAM

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, Danny Fortson is on my all-time Suns enemies list due to that dangerous undercut while Zarko was flying in for a dunk. I remember it vividly watching the game on TV. He was never the same after that.

"Be Legendary."

Captain Marv-el

my bad

Danny Fortson
$HAϟAM

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, that was a bummer. I liked Zarko. To be fair, though, if you're really meant to be a contributing NBA player, how can you let one hard hit destroy your entire career? I know it injured him, but it wasn't the kind of physical injury a guy should be unable to come back from.

Captain Marv-el

Mori Chu wrote:Yeah, that was a bummer. I liked Zarko. To be fair, though, if you're really meant to be a contributing NBA player, how can you let one hard hit destroy your entire career? I know it injured him, but it wasn't the kind of physical injury a guy should be unable to come back from.
A great point!
$HAϟAM