NBA News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: NBA News: Offseason

Post by carey »

Before I give my son his first cell phone we will have a long, long talk about sexting and taking picks of your junk.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Re: RE: Re: NBA News: Offseason

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
carey wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:LOL, Draymond Green posted a dick pic on SnapChat that went out to all of his thousands of followers. Afterward claimed that he was "hacked." Uh huh.

http://www.esquire.com/sports/news/a472 ... -snapchat/
He took it back and admitted it was a mistake shortly after. Still funny. Dude shouldn't be sending dick pics.
Maybe somebody hacked his brain.
That's the only explanation.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-kevin ... soc_trk=ma

Klay Thompson on his role in the new-look Warriors:
“We all want to see each other do well. But I’m not sacrificing [expletive], because my game isn’t changing. I’m still going to try to get buckets, hit shots, come off screens. I want to win and have a fun time every game we play."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:LOL, Draymond Green posted a dick pic on SnapChat that went out to all of his thousands of followers
So, he was giving something back to the fans?
LOL. Seems like after their 2015 title Draymond has gotten too cocky. He would have emailed it to them, but he was worried it would go to their "Junk" mail folder.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ronnie Price is headed to the Thunder. He will fit their mentality on defense perfectly.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/ ... kc-thunder
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good for Ronnie. Good player, solid veteran, will be a nice backup PG for them. Very savvy acquisition for them to fill out their bench.

carey

Post by carey »

OKC nearing renegotiation with Westbrook. Nothing is final yet, but it's being reported as close. If you're curious, yes I trade for him if he adds 2 years onto his current deal: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-ru ... 00582.html
The proposed deal would include a player option on the third year, which would clear the way for Westbrook to return to free agency in 2018.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:OKC nearing renegotiation with Westbrook. Nothing is final yet, but it's being reported as close. If you're curious, yes I trade for him if he adds 2 years onto his current deal: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-ru ... 00582.html
The proposed deal would include a player option on the third year, which would clear the way for Westbrook to return to free agency in 2018.
Bout to be Official
ESPNVerified account ‏@espn
BREAKING: Russell Westbrook and Oklahoma City Thunder agree in principle to 3-year deal worth $85.7M, per sources:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think OKC will need to trade Westbrook. I think he will want to prove that he can be the #1 guy and doesn't need Durant. And the Thunder still have a really good team, so he'll get to compete in the playoffs. What seed do you guys think the current Thunder roster would get in the coming year?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't think OKC will need to trade Westbrook. I think he will want to prove that he can be the #1 guy and doesn't need Durant. And the Thunder still have a really good team, so he'll get to compete in the playoffs. What seed do you guys think the current Thunder roster would get in the coming year?
They'll battle the Spurs for the #2 seed. Clippers bench still leaves something to desire, so they'd be at #4.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I don't think OKC will need to trade Westbrook. I think he will want to prove that he can be the #1 guy and doesn't need Durant. And the Thunder still have a really good team, so he'll get to compete in the playoffs. What seed do you guys think the current Thunder roster would get in the coming year?
Well, they "only" won 55 even with Durant (who got 14.5 WS). The season he was mostly out injured they won 45. And let's not forget Ibaka and Waiters are gone, too.

So they've replaced Durant, Ibaka, and Waiters with Oladpo, Iyasova, Sabonis, and Price. Am I missing anyone? They could open the season starting Andre Roberson and Kyle Singler?

I think that's a drop of 10 or more regular season games. They slip into the playoffs and become the team that "nobody wants to face in the first round."

Also, doesn't this make them a great potential trading partner for us? We do have a lot of guards.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

[quote="O_Gardino"]So they've replaced Durant, Ibaka, and Waiters with Oladpo, Iyasova, Sabonis, and Price. Am I missing anyone? They could open the season starting Andre Roberson and Kyle Singler?[quote]
They also have Adams, Kanter, Morrow and Cameron Payne. Singler has nothing to lose, literally.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:So they've replaced Durant, Ibaka, and Waiters with Oladpo, Iyasova, Sabonis, and Price. Am I missing anyone? They could open the season starting Andre Roberson and Kyle Singler?
They also have Adams, Kanter, Morrow and Cameron Payne. Singler has nothing to lose, literally.
Singler, Morrow and Cameron Payne all shot terribly last season. Payne was the best at 41%. Maybe those guys get better with more time on the court, but I'll doubt it till I see it. Anyway, Payne is a PG and that's not where they need help.

Adams and Kanter are a very nice 1/2 punch at center. Maybe Iyasova plays some 3 and with Adams and Kanter on the court together?

Maybe Roberson slides to the 3 and Oladipo starts at 2?

Maybe they try running Price or Payne with Westbrook at the 2 spot?

I'm curious to see how it plays out. But no matter how you cut it, they now have a gaping hole at SF.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think they slide in at around the 5-6 seed range. Solid playoff team, but not a contender. Russ averages like 28/9/9 or something crazy like that, but he loses them a lot of close games with his knuckleheadery.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They'll start Westbrook, oladipo, Roberson, ilysova, and Adams. Payne, morrow, singler, sabonis, and kanter as their 2nd unit.

I think there range is probably 4-8 in the west.

Do they still have Collison?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:They'll start Westbrook, oladipo, Roberson, ilysova, and Adams. Payne, morrow, singler, sabonis, and kanter as their 2nd unit.

I think there range is probably 4-8 in the west.

Do they still have Collison?
Agree that those are probable starters as the roster stands now. And I could see OKC trying to make that work. None of those guys are chumps. But, man, that 2nd unit would be brutal. It'll be interesting to see if Payne can keep his minutes now that they have Price, and it'll be interesting to see if Kanter gets more minutes as they look for a second scoring option.

Wouldn't they look soo much better with a solid BASE?

Or maybe they pick up one more dude in free agency. Mayo or Kevin Martin or Lance Stephenson or somebody.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Sabonis will be good for them. I also think Oladipo will fit well because he'll defend really well but won't demand a ton of shots.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Hahha. The poor thing. Just block shots and rebound. Remove yourself on offense, look for lobs and maybe fight for offensive rebounds.
Sounds like Tyson Chandler's game.
I wouldn't be surprised to see McGee flourish with the Dubs. Up and down team, good passers, all McGee has to do is rebound and catch oops. He can do both of those quite well. Sneaky good signing imo.
I agree.

Smart move.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Channing Fry chimes in at the Player's Tribune. He's not a bad writer. It's a longer piece about his heart problems and the road to becoming a champion. I've included the most important quotes for those who don't have time to read the whole article.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/channi ... ons-heart/
I love Lil Dicky
When I got to Phoenix a few years later, I was like, Damn, this is what it’s like to win?
My attitude now is this: Every day is a great day when you get to hoop.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

We should have never let Frye leave, or alienated Dragic. We should have an Amare farewell tour going on right now. I don't think I can watch this team again until we have different starting guards.
Last edited by Phoenix219 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.