Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Captain Marv-el

Re: Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Superbone wrote:Is this enough to get Love?

Goodwin, Len, Morris, #14, #18, Lakers 2015, Phoenix 2015, Minnesota first round pick.

Would you do it?
Yes, its more then enough to get Kevin Love

but NO way in hell would I do it

we got each and every piece that is needed to get kevin love but if its going to cost that much nope

naw

no chance in hell
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:

Goodwin, Len, Morris, #14, #18, Lakers 2015, Phoenix 2015, Minnesota first round pick.

Would you do it?
without requiring love to sign an extension?
No, he'd have to agree to sign a max extension with Phoenix.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:

Would you do it?
then you are dreaming. he wont do it.

you have to offer a deal similar to sactown, where love's signature or approval is not required.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:No way, it would be Melo to Knicks all over again.
No it wouldn't. The Knicks didn't have anyone near the level of Bledsoe or Dragic after they made the trade for Melo. They had Stoudemire but he was a poor fit with Melo and he got injured. So I really don't think that comparison works.

And 'bone: I don't think Minnesota would insist on Alex Len, not when they have Pekovic and Dieng.
Ok, no the "EXACT" situation, but still, a team depleted of assets, and not enough talent to make it trough their conference.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

They would still have cap space. I think if you can get the trio of Bledsoe-Dragic-Love together, you do it. That group, conceptually at least, works too well together.

But if your standard is they have to be able to get out of the West, I honestly don't think that's likely with or without Love. I think making it out of the West with the Bledsoe-Dragic pairing isn't likely to begin with.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:

Would you do it?
then you are dreaming. he wont do it.

you have to offer a deal similar to sactown, where love's signature or approval is not required.
There's no way I'd ever entertain that.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:They would still have cap space. I think if you can get the trio of Bledsoe-Dragic-Love together, you do it. That group, conceptually at least, works too well together.

But if your standard is they have to be able to get out of the West, I honestly don't think that's likely with or without Love. I think making it out of the West with the Bledsoe-Dragic pairing isn't likely to begin with.
Interesting points. Your description sounds like being between a rock and a hard place. Which path would you choose?

"Be Legendary."

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Would you do it?
No, for a team that is rebuilding that's a huge risk on our future if things don't work with Love.
With the team we have you still need someone else besides Love to get out of the West.
As it stands it loos like another smaller step this year with a view to next year finishing the piece of work.
That way you don't mortgage too much of the future and build sensibly.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Now, if it was Frye, the Morri and one first rounder, if it worked I'd consider it but Minny wouldn't be interested.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Would you do it?
It is not. I think if it was, we would already have him.

If you were the Wolves, there are two teams at least that would top that offer.

A lot of assets, but nothing as premium as the pick from Boston or Sacto, or what Chicago could put together, and at least Len is of little relevance to a team with Pekovic (and that's looking at Len with Suns colored glasses, which I am sure the Wolves won't be wearing). The Suns could make it better by taking undesired salary using Frye.

But if Minni wanted to do it, I don't hesitate. Love won't sign an extension, but maybe he could be convinced to decline his player option like Howard did.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
INFORMER wrote:They would still have cap space. I think if you can get the trio of Bledsoe-Dragic-Love together, you do it. That group, conceptually at least, works too well together.

Interesting points. Your description sounds like being between a rock and a hard place. Which path would you choose?
I have enough confidence in the draft picks, cap space, and trade possibilities that I wouldn't be compelled to throw the farm at Minnesota. I also have the patience to meticulously build a contender.

On the other hand, I know how front offices and the NBA general works. So I would understand and consent to Ryan making a substantial offer for Love. Assembling the aforementioned trio wouldn't be an instant championship and may present further issues, but it is a formidable and compatible ensemble that would be a force to be reckoned with. It would entertain and put the Suns in the top 4 of the conference and might even get them to a conference finals or two. But ultimately, it probably won't bring a banner to the valley of the sun.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I have enough confidence in the draft picks, cap space, and trade possibilities that I wouldn't be compelled to throw the farm at Minnesota. I also have the patience to meticulously build a contender.

On the other hand, I know how front offices and the NBA general works. So I would understand and consent to Ryan making a substantial offer for Love. Assembling the aforementioned trio wouldn't be an instant championship and may present further issues, but it is a formidable and compatible ensemble that would be a force to be reckoned with. It would entertain and put the Suns in the top 4 of the conference and might even get them to a conference finals or two. But ultimately, it probably won't bring a banner to the valley of the sun.
Nicely laid out. All current indications seem to point to us not getting Love anyway so we probably won't have a choice in the matter and will be going with option one. OTOH, it would be a blast to see what that trio could accomplish and it would make for some great basketball. I could go either way although I do need to see a Phoenix Suns championship in my lifetime and my time on the planet isn't going to last forever.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Maybe this year, because after 2015, you have to consider Love after their extension, Bledsoe on his new deal, and most likely Dragic also getting an raise...

How much cap space do you think we would have left to sign another difference maker right away this summer and beyond?

carey

Post by carey »

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Suns interested in Love deal w/best assets Dragic, Bledsoe & picks.NBA sources say it will take full max deal to control free agent Bledsoe.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

I'm going to go ahead and say this now, I don't like the idea of moving Dragic in a Love trade.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I'm going to go ahead and say this now, I don't like the idea of moving Dragic in a Love trade.
I've said that all along.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:I'm going to go ahead and say this now, I don't like the idea of moving Dragic in a Love trade.
Nor Bledsoe. Love isn't worth anywhere near either of them, much less both. Frye, Green, #14 and their 1st rounder owed us or they can take a fucking walk.

Spears is letting his inner fanboy stain his analysis....

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:
I've said that all along.
And you are not alone.

carey

Post by carey »

I don't care I if it cost Bledsoe & whatever...all of our '14 picks. Just not Goran.

Also, Spears didn't analyze anything...

Edit: I know we can't S&T him till after the draft and they have Rubio who they are about to lock up anyway.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SwingMan wrote:
Nor Bledsoe. Love isn't worth anywhere near either of them, much less both. Frye, Green, #14 and their 1st rounder owed us or they can take a fucking walk.
I agree. The only reason I would want Kevin Love is because he would perfectly compliment Dragic and Bledsoe. Pairing Love with just Dragic or Bledsoe isn't really appealing to me. While I think either of those combinations would make us a better team, I don't think we would be THAT much better.