NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat 2

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat 2

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Superbone wrote:Did anybody else hear once again Van Gundy and Breen praise the Spurs international drafting specifically citing Dragic as proof? SMH
Stupid. Might as well give us credit for drafting Rajon Rondo,Luol Deng and Nate Robinson then...and its not like its not that long ago that they shouldn't remember his draft rights were traded...
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

To be fair, that's a pretty obscure move in the big picture of the NBA. But if you are going to talk about it you should know your stuff, that's for sure.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

No excuses, play like a champion!
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I love all the criticism Lebron is taking. I mean cramps are serious business, and I'm not saying he isn't tough or something. I don't buy the "Jordan would have played" talk. But I'm still glad he got beaten pretty badly like that.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I think the criticism is unwarranted really. I'm not crying for him, but he did try to give it a go and the guy couldn't even move. I also don't want the pundits blaming the Spurs AC going off for it either. Both teams had to play through it...

The Lebron thing was a tough break for Miami. There have been other 1 game injuries that have hurt teams before though (Nash's bloody nose keeping him from the end of game 1 vs SA in 2005 anyone?)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

2005 was that? I think it was 2007. Diaw, Raja and Barbosa were there I believe.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Yea 2007 I think your right. The Spurs/Suns duels all blend together....except 2010 of course.

carey

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Superbone wrote:Did anybody else hear once again Van Gundy and Breen praise the Spurs international drafting specifically citing Dragic as proof? SMH
Stupid. Might as well give us credit for drafting Rajon Rondo,Luol Deng and Nate Robinson then...and its not like its not that long ago that they shouldn't remember his draft rights were traded...
And there is video of Steve Kerr telling the Spurs front office who to take for that selection!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ryan Koo @ryanbkoo
Hey @Gatorade where's all your sports science magic for preventing cramps in your no. 1 client @KingJames?

Gatorade ✔ @Gatorade
@ryanbkoo The person cramping wasn't our client. Our athletes can take the heat.
9:22 PM - 5 Jun 2014
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Magical.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah honestly I don't think that was smart of Gatorade. It seemed petty and spiteful to me. His cramping has nothing to do with what sports drink he endorses.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It does seem spiteful. There are even photos of him drinking Gatorade from the game. So...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I thought this was pretty funny. Especially the Parker bit at the end.

Honest Press Conference: Game 1 2014 NBA Finals:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Predictions for game 2?

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:Predictions for game 2?
The James's by 5.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They are saying that Lebron may still not be 100%. Interesting. Would love to see the Spurs take both at home.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:Predictions for game 2?
The James's by 5.
I think it'll be tight but I'm hoping the Spurs pull it out. I'm glad the Finals are back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:They are saying that Lebron may still not be 100%. Interesting. Would love to see the Spurs take both at home.
The 3 fucking days off couldn't help him recover from cramps? Bullshit.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This just feels like another Spurs victory in the making. The Heat aren't able to stop the Spurs from getting high percentage shots. Love it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Parker is just a magician at the rim. I have no idea how he can get those shots off without being blocked.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass