2017 NBA Draft Prospect Discussion

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Discussion

Post by TOO »

10/10

Cap

Post by Cap »

Can he run the rick and roll?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
10/10
:D
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Dennis Smith is in the same tier as Fultz IMO.
He's putting up some crazy numbers. Especially lately. Nc state beat Duke tonight.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
He's putting up some crazy numbers. Especially lately. Nc state beat Duke tonight.
I've yet to see him in a full game, but he looked rather shifty in his highlights. What are his strengths? Any player comparisons come to mind?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
I've yet to see him in a full game, but he looked rather shifty in his highlights. What are his strengths? Any player comparisons come to mind?
I think you could compare him to to a few guys, size wise he's simialir Jay Williams, athletically he's Russell Westbrook. You could draw Bledsoe comparisons as well, but I think he's a better ball handler already and his shot form is better. He's definitely not a pass 1st guy though, which is what I know everyone here wants, but I think that style of PG is all but dead. Ball is the only one.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
I think you could compare him to to a few guys, size wise he's simialir Jay Williams, athletically he's Russell Westbrook. You could draw Bledsoe comparisons as well, but I think he's a better ball handler already and his shot form is better. He's definitely not a pass 1st guy though, which is what I know everyone here wants, but I think that style of PG is all but dead. Ball is the only one.
This style of PG is going to be even more valuable in the future, just because it's not encouraged in the AAU world, but it needs to be from an elite athleticism type talent. This is what makes Ball that more valuable, being that he has the size, athleticism and skills that make him multi-dimensional and exposed as a one trick pony(aka Kendall Marshall).
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think todays offenses being 3pt and PnR based minimizes the value of a run and gun Kidd type PG. Look at Harden for example, he's certainly not a pass 1st player, but he's getting everyone involved as well as any PG in the NBA. Decision making is far more important to me than just being a pass 1st guy. I'm not sure how well Ball will play in a half court setting, thats my main concern with him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If the pg can't create for themselves or shoot, they will have trouble in the nba offenses, but that doesn't describe Ball. I think he would be fine in an nba offense, and augmebt other portions that most pgs don't do as well.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:I've yet to see him in a full game, but he looked rather shifty in his highlights. What are his strengths? Any player comparisons come to mind?
He moves like IT4.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:

Definitely in the Westbrook, Bledsoe mold of PG's. He's not as freaky athletic as Westbrook, but no one is. He's got a more advanced jumper than Westbrook or Bled had at this stage, but I wouldn't consider him a great shooter. He's solid though. Decent playmaker, gets most of his assists of drive and dish. Marbury and Francis are other PG's you could compare him to. I wasn't very high on him at the start of the year, but he continues to put up impressive numbers. Numbers wise, he's not too far off what Fultz is doing this year. I still like Fultz better and Ball and even Ntilikina, but I think Smith will be a good player.

TOO

Post by TOO »

He is most definitely Westbrook athletic. I've seen enough vids to know that, he's ridiculous. Even his dunk at the end of the Duke game was Zach Lavine breakaway-esque.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Didn't mean it as a dig on Smith. He's definitely an incredible athlete, and is as athletic as any pg not named Westbrook. We've never seen a pg with as much speed, explosiveness, and power as westbrook.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Just some vids on your boy Frank Nkiblahblah, reminds me of Shaun Livingston. Which before the injury could've been a really good player.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:Didn't mean it as a dig on Smith. He's definitely an incredible athlete, and is as athletic as any pg not named Westbrook. We've never seen a pg with as much speed, explosiveness, and power as westbrook.
Taken after Rose, Michael Beasley, and O.J. Mayo in the draft. SMH.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Just some vids on your boy Frank Nkiblahblah, reminds me of Shaun Livingston. Which before the injury could've been a really good player.
I think he'll be a good pg and he's big and can guard 3 positions. If our pick ends up 7-10, he'd be my top target.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:He is most definitely Westbrook athletic. I've seen enough vids to know that, he's ridiculous. Even his dunk at the end of the Duke game was Zach Lavine breakaway-esque.
Not nearly as long as Westbrook, or even Bledsoe for that matter. The Steve Francis comps aren't bad.

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:Not nearly as long as Westbrook, or even Bledsoe for that matter. The Steve Francis comps aren't bad.
That's not the type of PG I want. I was not a Francis fan.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

[youtube][/youtube]

Josh Jackson, showed some nice open court ball handling and good shooting in this game. If we don't get #1 and Fultz, he's my top target.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd like Jackson, he's got great vision and feel for a SF. Could be a point forward type.