Around the League: Week 14 1/23-1/29

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Around the League: Week 14 1/23-1/29

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:Surprised Sac beat Cleveland, but the Cavs shot 50% from the line 17-34 and they are now 2-6 over the last 8.
They need a fucking playmaker.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

SDC wrote:hmmm... miami went 38-17 in the fourth quarter vs brooklyn
I wish we had a clutch point guard that can get 9 assists.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Phoenix219 wrote:
SDC wrote:hmmm... miami went 38-17 in the fourth quarter vs brooklyn
I wish we had a clutch point guard that can get 9 assists.
Bledsoe had 13 against Toronto and averages more per game than dragic

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Bledsoe had 13 against Toronto and averages more per game than dragic
Sick burn.

:lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I do miss Dragic. But the trade we got for him was a great deal with two 1st-round picks. I don't regret it, given how the relationship had soured.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

We're the only team that has lost to the Cavs in their last 5 games.

They have some pretty ugly losses including losing to the Davis-less Pelicans and then losing to Sacramento at home.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Surprised Sac beat Cleveland, but the Cavs shot 50% from the line 17-34 and they are now 2-6 over the last 8.
LeBron said after the game, "This is the only time I'm gonna say it but this team needs some f#$kin' free throw shooters!"
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Split T wrote:So far a good day for our ping pong balls. Miami, Sacramento, Dallas, and Philly all won. Brooklyn is pretty locked in to the #1 ping pong spot, so them losing isn't a big deal. Lakers playing blazers right now.
Jeremy Lin is helping the Boston tank so damn much.

Effing play Lin!!

SDC

Post by SDC »

UglyTruth wrote:
Split T wrote:So far a good day for our ping pong balls. Miami, Sacramento, Dallas, and Philly all won. Brooklyn is pretty locked in to the #1 ping pong spot, so them losing isn't a big deal. Lakers playing blazers right now.

Effing play Lin!!
dion waiters is having a jeremy lin moment in miami

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good for Dion. It looked like he was about to chuck his way to the end of a bench or even out of the league. Hope he is turning it around. We forget how young these guys are; Dion is only 25 (WOW). It feels like he's been in the league forever.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Barbosa to the Cavs for a second rounder. Makes sense to me.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's not a playmaker.

Split T

Post by Split T »

UglyTruth wrote:

Effing play Lin!!

Eh. I've given up any hope of anyone catching Brooklyn. Boston is going to get a top 4 pick guaranteed. However, chances they trade that pick are very high in my opinion. We've got 4 stars on struggling teams right now and I think at least one of them will become available and Boston is best positioned to grab them. In order of likelihood, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis. I think Boston puts a package together starting with 2017 and 2018 Brooklyn picks for one of those guys.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Was that the dumbest trade in history? Ainge is a grand wizard with mind control powers.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Vince Carter, age 40, oldest player in the league:

[youtube][/youtube]

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:Eh. I've given up any hope of anyone catching Brooklyn. Boston is going to get a top 4 pick guaranteed. However, chances they trade that pick are very high in my opinion. We've got 4 stars on struggling teams right now and I think at least one of them will become available and Boston is best positioned to grab them. In order of likelihood, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis. I think Boston puts a package together starting with 2017 and 2018 Brooklyn picks for one of those guys.
I'd say Butler is the most likely (but probably won't be moved either). Cousins is talking about signing a $200M+ contract, Davis is just starting his first deal and if I had to guess, Larry Bird is not going to let go of George under any circumstace. If anything, I'd bet PG13 walks for free, LeBron style, although the new CBA is finally taking this issue seriously and making it hard for stars to pass on the large amount of extra money they'd be getting by staying put.

Oh, and Melo out of NY is finally a real scenario, but I know many see him as trash.
Last edited by Ring_Wanted on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

In2ition wrote:Was that the dumbest trade in history? Ainge is a grand wizard with mind control powers.
I would say it was mostly on the Nets owner who wanted a contender to open the new arena, and that team actually looked like it could contend for a year or two, before sucking for the next five. But hiring Kidd as a first time coach for a group of veterans and champions was super super weird and they managed to skip the contending and get straight into sucking :)
Boston didn't draft all that well thus far though.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:Was that the dumbest trade in history? Ainge is a grand wizard with mind control powers.
New and impatient owner, stupid GM (check his 76rs track record). Perfect moment to let your legends go. Ainge should be jailed for that rape, although I have to tell you, the way IT4 has exploded our trade might as well be even more of a heist. At least our franchise has not suffered so much directly from the trade as BRY is (although we have our fair amount of methods to punish ourselves, that's for sure).

Richmond for Webber is up there too, and prime Ray Allen for three months of an aging Gary Payton and Desmond Mason.

Divac for the pick that became Kobe. More recently, Gerald Wallace for the pick that became Dame Lillard (haha poor BRY).

carey

Post by carey »

Rondo burning it all down:

(Not that he's wrong! He's just kind of a hypocrite.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

All star reserves announced

West: Westbrook, Thompson, Hayward, Green, Cousins, Gasol, Jordan

East: Lowry, Wall, George, Millsap, Love, IT4, Kemba

East looks mostly fine. I would have added Embiid and taken out either Love or Kemba.

West has some questionable picks. I think Gobert should be in over Jordan. Paul, Lillard, McCollum, Conley would have been better picks than Thompson.