2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:Jackson is a better fit than fox
Nah. What we need is all the Kentucky guards we can get. When we have enough of them, they can combine like Voltron into John Wall.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Split T wrote:Jackson is a better fit than fox
Nah. What we need is all the Kentucky guards we can get. When we have enough of them, they can combine like Voltron into John Wall.
I think you're on to something. Put the best qualities of fox, ulis, and bled into one player and they look a lot like John Wall

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

It's interesting that the same 3 teams had the top 3 picks last year. And 2 of them had top 3 picks the year before. What is Philadelphia doing , they have had top 3 picks the last 4 years.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They keep picking guys that miss their rookie years. Embiid, Simmons, Noel. The one guy who played wasn't any good.

This is the 3rd year in a row LA has picked 2ND. Is Ball/Russell/Ingram a good return on those picks?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

SunsRIt wrote:It's interesting that the same 3 teams had the top 3 picks last year. And 2 of them had top 3 picks the year before. What is Philadelphia doing , they have had top 3 picks the last 4 years.
Whoever Philly picks has to sit out a year due to injury. Team rules.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Philly should be picking OG Anunboy if they stick to form.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:They keep picking guys that miss their rookie years. Embiid, Simmons, Noel. The one guy who played wasn't any good.

This is the 3rd year in a row LA has picked 2ND. Is Ball/Russell/Ingram a good return on those picks?
I would add to that. They keep picking bigs, and young bigs are not how you win in this era.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SunsRIt wrote:It's interesting that the same 3 teams had the top 3 picks last year. And 2 of them had top 3 picks the year before. What is Philadelphia doing , they have had top 3 picks the last 4 years.
Interesting.....thats not the term I'd use to describe this blatant desperate attempt by the NBA to make the Celtics, Sixers and Lakers relevant again. I fucking hate this. So pathetically obvious.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

I was being kind saucy.

I totally agree. I'm just wondering what the Knicks did to get out of the club. Maybe having that useless Carmelo.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Apparently the Celtics actually won the first, second, and third picks. They had to redo the second pick 3 times to get to LA

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SunsRIt wrote:I was being kind saucy.

I totally agree. I'm just wondering what the Knicks did to get out of the club. Maybe having that useless Carmelo.

I'm sure next year will be their year :evil:

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

specialsauce wrote:
Interesting.....thats not the term I'd use to describe this blatant desperate attempt by the NBA to make the Celtics, Sixers and Lakers relevant again. I f*** hate this. So pathetically obvious.
Do you honestly think the lottery is rigged? Who is doing the rigging?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Interesting.....thats not the term I'd use to describe this blatant desperate attempt by the NBA to make the Celtics, Sixers and Lakers relevant again. I f*** hate this. So pathetically obvious.
The way it continually plays out, do you seriously think otherwise? Is it all truly by "luck"? Just look at the facts and the continual lottery results. The sooner you stop taking things at face value as truth, the sooner you'll realize so many things are continually "rigged".
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

In no way, shape or form is a billion dollar business rigged. Could you imagine the fallout if the league was found colluding with certain teams? The legal backlash would destroy the league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm curious how you think it is rigged. They actually record the selecting of the ping pong balls and make that recording available to the public. It's also not the NBA who does the process, it's the accounting firm Ernst &Young. I wouldn't be shocked to find out the Ewing lottery was rigged, I doubt it was, but I wouldn't be shocked. I'd be incredibly shocked to find out today's lottery's were rigged. I just don't even see how it's possible.

Edit: On second thought, TOO brings up a good point, the fallout of the rigging being leaked is way to big that I'd be shocked if the Ewing lottery turned out to be rigged as well. Also, if all these drafts were being rigged, someone would have leaked it by now.
Last edited by Split T on Wed May 17, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
The way it continually plays out, do you seriously think otherwise? Is it all truly by "luck"? Just look at the facts and the continual lottery results. The sooner you stop taking things at face value as truth, the sooner you'll realize so many things are continually "rigged".
Again - who is doing the rigging? The NBA? The NBA is an association of 30 franchises. Adam Silver works for the 30 owners - not just for Jeannie Buss and Wyc Grousbeck. He's not rigging a lottery to benefit 2-3 owners at the expense of the other 27-28 who employ him.

Then there's the lottery itself. Go watch it. It's attended by every team and many members of the media. It's audited by Ernst and Young. How are they rigging it? Putting microchips in the balls so that they come out in a specific order 3 straight times?

The Suns had the highest odds of getting the #4 pick and they got the #4 pick. Did Adam, Jeannie, Wyc and the other owners/illuminati secretly make a plan when Sarver went to the bathroom at the last board meeting to screw the Suns over? Even if it didn't benefit 26 of the teams?

When Minnesota won the lottery the year after getting Wiggins in a trade, was that just to throw the detectives off the scent? What about when New Orleans won in 2012? Washington in 2010? The Clippers in 2009? The Blazers in 2007?

Would the NBA and Ernst & Young both risk their corporations reputations and futures so that Lonzo and Lavar Ball could go to the Lakers?

Come on, Dude. It's asinine.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:In no way, shape or form is a billion dollar business rigged. Could you imagine the fallout if the league was found colluding with certain teams? The legal backlash would destroy the league.
Not if legal repercussions ever come about. Collusion wouldn't ever be presented as a legal means of prosecution. What does it matter? Is the President not a corrupt POS? Is the world of millennials not pussified? Is Caitlin Jenner actually "gorgeous"? The subjective nature of our lense due to the pursuit of truth doesn't matter as that pursuit never gains traction via the hand of the oppressors.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Again - who is doing the rigging? The NBA? The NBA is an association of 30 franchises. Adam Silver works for the 30 owners - not just for Jeannie Buss and Wyc Grousbeck. He's not rigging a lottery to benefit 2-3 owners at the expense of the other 27-28 who employ him.

Then there's the lottery itself. Go watch it. It's attended by every team and many members of the media. It's audited by Ernst and Young. How are they rigging it? Putting microchips in the balls so that they come out in a specific order 3 straight times?

The Suns had the highest odds of getting the #4 pick and they got the #4 pick. Did Adam, Jeannie, Wyc and the other owners/illuminati secretly make a plan when Sarver went to the bathroom at the last board meeting to screw the Suns over? Even if it didn't benefit 26 of the teams?

When Minnesota won the lottery the year after getting Wiggins in a trade, was that just to throw the detectives off the scent? What about when New Orleans won in 2012? Washington in 2010? The Clippers in 2009? The Blazers in 2007?

Would the NBA and Ernst & Young both risk their corporations reputations and futures so that Lonzo and Lavar Ball could go to the Lakers?

The same Ernst and Young that has settled multiple lawsuits around inappropriate relationships with clients? Doesn't take a very in depth Google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ernst+and+young+lawsuit

It doesn't matter though. The world operates in a fair and just matter. This may sound like a guy dishing "woe is me" but I have a good life cracking 6 figures just over 30 years of age and I'm not oblivious to accepting facts at face value. But we can both waste keystrokes on a Wednesday evening going nowhere towards dissuasion.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

The same Ernst and Young that has settled multiple lawsuits around inappropriate relationships with clients? Doesn't take a very in depth Google search.

It doesn't matter though. The world operates in a fair and just matter. This may sound like a guy dishing "woe is me" but I have a good life cracking 6 figures just over 30 years of age and I'm not oblivious to accepting facts at face value. But we can both waste keystrokes on a Wednesday evening going nowhere towards dissuasion.
Please answer any of my questions in the post above. Or all of them if you're able. I wasn't asking them rhetorically. I'm really curious to see how the conspiracy theorists think this actually works and who is pulling the strings.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Please answer any of my questions in the post above. Or all of them if you're able. I wasn't asking them rhetorically. I'm really curious to see how the conspiracy theorists think this actually works and who is pulling the strings.
I'm just another Suns fan tired of the way the odds have played out. I can't tackle your questions with facts. A person riddled with disappointment as I've rooted hard for my young life as a huge fan with a lot of empty positivity. We've had great seasons, don't get me wrong. I'm just a bit dissuaded by our constant "luck", though I think the 4th pick will end up playing out pretty well for us.