Around the League: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Around the League: The Offseason

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Porzingis is also a terrific rim protector, has no apparent flaw on either side of the court, is very coachable and is perfectly designed for the new style of big men. There is literally nothing not to like. Still, it makes absolutely no sense to trade Booker for him. Anything and everything but Booker.
By "new style big men" do you mean guys who can't win or guys who don't score in the playoffs and are at best the 3rd option on their team? :twisted:

I actually agree that Porzingas is a great player, and I agree with the spirit of your post.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:Do you guys watch the Knicks all the time or are you just buying the hype? Whenever I see him play I just don't see it. He certainly is not KG or Dirk out there. I'm not even certain I don't like Jokic more than KP right now with his insane passing ability.
I watch plenty of Knicks games, and KP has won me over. Coming out in his draft year, I didnt buy it, I ,didnt get it, but he's a stud, 7'3" with like an 8' wingspan and can do everything you'd want from a PF/C in todays game on both ends. He's an incredible prospect.

EDC

Post by EDC »

carey wrote:Do you guys watch the Knicks all the time or are you just buying the hype? Whenever I see him play I just don't see it. He certainly is not KG or Dirk out there. I'm not even certain I don't like Jokic more than KP right now with his insane passing ability.
I would drop a lot of assets not named Booker to get either KP or Jokic. Although I can agree both can be argued to be better than Booker he is our guy and that does mean something.

If I was given a choice between KP and Jokic I would take Jokic.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I get wanting to pair them, but you can always fine SGs and SFs. And I'm not taking Booker's talents lightly but Porzingis is a truly unique talent. If we could swap picks in the deal and grab Ntikilina, we'd have a hell of a lot of young talent.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well liking Jokic more shouldn't be a negative for Porzingis. Jokic is legit. I love Booker and have no desire to move him, but if we're ranking young prospects on their value, Porzingis would be above Booker.

AbeVroman

Post by AbeVroman »

If KP is available you go get him. If Love is available you go get him. I fully expect McD to be exploring both of those options (if true). I would absolutely trade #4 for either of them, but I would not give up Booker to do it. I'd strongly consider Bledsoe if there was something coming back and/or it involved draft and trade for Fox.

I understand patience but this sucks. I'm tired of waiting and there is no telling what the future holds. GS could have injuries, upheaval...anything. Everyone is making it like this has all played out perfect for the Sixers and who really knows. Embiid still hasn't played a full year, Simmons hasn't stepped on the court and for all the superstar talk of Fultz, again, nobody really knows. We've heard all this before.

There is a little part of me that sees similarity between potentially bringing Love here and.....the Barkley trade. Both were good players on bad teams and needed a change. Now Love is the 3rd option on a good team and I think he should be more than that. I'd be willing to take that chance. I also happen to think his game will age relatively well.

It's time for McD to make the big move we've been waiting for. If we keep sucking balls Booker will eventually want to leave.....

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm a big Porzingis fan, but he's not infallible. I worry about his health long-term and his defensive rebounding leaves something to be desired.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Gambo is reporting that the Suns and Cavs never talked about Love, and the Suns view him as having a short life span so there is no interest anyway.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

He implied there was discussion on the #4, but not about Love. Here's my guess at what happened:

Cavs: What do you think about #4 for Kevin Love?
Suns: No thanks, we'll do #4 for Kyrie
Cavs: We're not trading Kyrie
Suns: Well, we don't want love, sorry.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Damn son!!!

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877287243236462592

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877289273141100547

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877289839556792321

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

This has been such a crazy start to the offseason lol. Everyone is saying with all the rumours and suff this been more excitement in a couple days than the playoffs. Really not surprised to see Lakers try to clear cap space and Russell being the fall guy with the guards available in the draft
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Lol!

https://twitter.com/lilmarcus_/status/877289968523202565

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Love it for the Nets. People are sleeping on D-Lo.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:Love it for the Nets. People are sleeping on D-Lo.
Terrific move for BRY. D-lo is not perfect but the nets essentially got as close as possible to getting their '17 pick back.

LAL pay dearly for that monstrosity of a contract, although BroLo is an underrated player at this point.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Devin Booker‏Verified account @DevinBook

Wow.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Haha man Magic didn't take long to start cleaning the mess he inherited. I guess he didn't have any sympathy for D-lo's character, attitude or whatever. Bet he saw him like a spoiled punk.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well, Ball is definitely the pick now. I guess we're just waiting to see what Boston does.

Split T

Post by Split T »

This also might lead to a #27,#28 and Randle for Paul George. Which puts the Lakers at Ball-Clarkson-George-Ingram-Lopez which is actually a decent team and that Laker pick loses some value.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:This also might lead to a #27,#28 and Randle for Paul George. Which puts the Lakers at Ball-Clarkson-George-Ingram-Lopez which is actually a decent team and that Laker pick loses some value.
Yes, and then Lopez's contract comes off the books after next season and they can go after Lebron. This was a deal to shed a contract and gain space for next year and pick up another 1st round pick to entice Indy.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass