SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by ShelC »

I'm sure we've floated a number out there but won't bid against ourselves. Lowry will probably set the market and then we'll see if other teams offer something up.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mori Chu wrote:Did Danny Granger have anything left in the tank last season? Or was he basically washed up?

Eh. He did take Dudleys spot in the Clippers playoff rotation
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Did Danny Granger have anything left in the tank last season? Or was he basically washed up?
From what I saw last season, barring a rebirth, it's all steep downhill for Granger now.....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Whats the deal with Bledsoe?

I haven't heard anything regarding us or anyone else talking to him?
As was mentioned here and in an AZCentral article, Bledsoe momentarily tweeted a pic of himself in a Suns uniform but then quickly took it down. Sounds to me like we have a deal in place.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here's the article:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /11959299/
A good sign for Bledsoe's return perhaps flashed Monday night when an in-season photo of Bledsoe biting his Suns uniform during a game was posted on his Twitter and Instagram accounts. It was deleted minutes later.

Talks with Bledsoe's agent, Rich Paul, will be kept separate from inquiries regarding James, who is Bledsoe's friend and is also represented by Paul. The links still could help the Suns at least get a conversation about their grandiose idea of adding James and another free-agency star, like Carmelo Anthony or Chris Bosh, while keeping Bledsoe and Goran Dragic.

Frye, Bledsoe and Tucker and/or their agents talked to the Suns in the first 24 hours of free agency.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:

As was mentioned here and in an AZCentral article, Bledsoe momentarily tweeted a pic of himself in a Suns uniform but then quickly took it down. Sounds to me like we have a deal in place.
I think he's a lock to stay, the FA out there are insanely over priced so I think we keep Bledsoe/PJ and wait out LeBron.

After that, I think we revisit Kevin Love and see where that goes. I dont want the Suns to tell LeBron that we'll sign Bosh or Melo when Love is out there.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:

I think he's a lock to stay, the FA out there are insanely over priced so I think we keep Bledsoe/PJ and wait out LeBron.

After that, I think we revisit Kevin Love and see where that goes. I dont want the Suns to tell LeBron that we'll sign Bosh or Melo when Love is out there.
Agreed - sit on the cap space (after going after McRoberts) & wait until Love is unrestricted next year.

TOO

Post by TOO »

The idea of adding LeBron and Love is physically arousing, just saying. SO. MANY. OUTLETS.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I almost feel bad relaying this, because its almost certainly BS from REALGM Boards but there is a radio station Indy saying Pacers are involved in talks about a big blockbuster trade with Phoenix and Boston involving Rondo and Dragic. A Mod over at Real GM says Paul georges representatives have reached out to Phoenix after the reason saying he wants to play here and he could be involved.

Again so many moving pieces that it is probabaly only 1% of the true story, but I do remember George mentioning us on several occasions as a team he really liked
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Fuck no.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

BAHAHAHAHA. Wow.

Though I did see someone tweet Indy was looking at something big earlier today.

George/LeBron/Love, the next big 3. ROFL.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'll be sick if the Suns trade Dragic.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd be bummed too, however, if we have to max Bledsoe you know we'll have to max Goran and while it would definitely be unpopular I'd rather let Dragic go than pay 2 max deals to my backcourt. Its really unfortunate that Bledsoe is the FA first because he'll be the one we're more likely to keep. Dragic wont take a discount, he'll be in his prime and it's his 1st and maybe only shot at max money.

Sigh.. I'm torn.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:Fuck no.
This - that is all.....

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

S&T Bledsoe to a max (or near max) deal. Keep Dragic. Problem solved.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I almost feel bad relaying this, because its almost certainly BS from REALGM Boards but there is a radio station Indy saying Pacers are involved in talks about a big blockbuster trade with Phoenix and Boston involving Rondo and Dragic. A Mod over at Real GM says Paul georges representatives have reached out to Phoenix after the reason saying he wants to play here and he could be involved.

Again so many moving pieces that it is probabaly only 1% of the true story, but I do remember George mentioning us on several occasions as a team he really liked
Link?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

All's quiet on the (America) Western (Arena) front. I'm pretty happy about that considering the news that's been coming out the last few days. Makes me think they have something up their sleeves.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:I almost feel bad relaying this, because its almost certainly BS from REALGM Boards but there is a radio station Indy saying Pacers are involved in talks about a big blockbuster trade with Phoenix and Boston involving Rondo and Dragic. A Mod over at Real GM says Paul georges representatives have reached out to Phoenix after the reason saying he wants to play here and he could be involved.

Link?
Yes, link. I'd enjoy reading this gossip.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Seeing all these FA signings makes me queasy. Literally every single guy is getting overpaid. And you just know we will do something dumb. I have a lot of faith in our FO right now, but the way things are trending, and given all the cap space we have, it is almost certain that we will splurge on some middling free agents and/or overpay our own. I'm not looking forward to it. I would honestly prefer to just let Bledsoe walk for NOTHING and they literally sign zero FAs this summer, rather than overpay a bunch of stiffs and make deals like the Ben Gordon one or the Meeks deal or most of the others. I really hope they can resist the urge to spend spend spend without understanding whether it's good for our future.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »