Game Day: Lakers (0-1) @ Suns (0-1), Fri 10/20/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Game Day: Lakers (0-1) @ Suns (0-1), Fri 10/20/17

Post by O_Gardino »

n4th4n wrote:I was at the game tonight. My primary observation - Chandler is an abomination on D at this point. I cant count the number of times he misread plays, blew coverage, or got gobbled up in the paint. So bad. He shouldn't be playing a single minute.
Couldn't agree more. He still get the rebounds, and he still moves for lobs. But he's a 0 everywhere else.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
n4th4n wrote:I was at the game tonight. My primary observation - Chandler is an abomination on D at this point. I cant count the number of times he misread plays, blew coverage, or got gobbled up in the paint. So bad. He shouldn't be playing a single minute.
Couldn't agree more. He still get the rebounds, and he still moves for lobs. But he's a 0 everywhere else.
I seriously couldn't help to think of how Ayton or a trade for AD might change this team, just because of how bad he is nowadays. Lopez was eating his lunch all night.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:Electricity was off my side so finally got to watching the replay. I use this website for those like me who maybe don't have the option to record the game on TV
https://www.nbafullhd.com/category/aregular-season/

Much better effort like most said and quite a few shady calls by the refs. Tough for TJ but a part of the game which I haven't seen anyone else mention that disappointed me was after the Devin-Nance incident. It happened at the 6min mark with Lakers up 85-83 and these always tend to be key moments to see how the two teams respond to the dust up and Lakers went on a 10-2 run in the next 2mins to lead 95-85. I was hoping we would have been the ones to rally but Lakers lifted their energy and seemed to took the momentum
Yeah, I was pretty upset about that one. I don't know how much more there is to say about it, but it looks like the Suns are going to lead the league in technical fouls and scuffles again this year. So tough. :roll:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

n4th4n wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:since i only heard it on radio, who was guarding Ball?
Bledsoe most of the time.
Yep, and he wasn't showing even half of the intensity that Beverly did when guarding him. A lot of people talk about how good Bledsoe is defensively. I rarely see it. He probably could be but he doesn't put the effort into it that he would need to. He gave Ball plenty of space to operate. I was actually thinking that I would have liked to see Ulis on him. At least he gives full effort defensively. Lonzo would have tried to shoot over the top of him but I guarantee you Ulis would have pestered him.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Bledsoe was garbage on defense. He was good when he came to the Suns, but he's average at best for his position now.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Bledsoe was garbage on defense. He was good when he came to the Suns, but he's average at best for his position now.
Agreed. Doesn't seem to be even trying anymore.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Close game. You have to admit they played s lot better. Booker played well until his spill landing on his tailbone. I enjoyed the game. Ball can really ball. Jackson showed some of his skills. It’s great to see the rivalry still alive between the two young teams.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:Close game. You have to admit they played s lot better. Booker played well until his spill landing on his tailbone. I enjoyed the game. Ball can really ball. Jackson showed some of his skills. It’s great to see the rivalry still alive between the two young teams.
It's not a rivalry if only one side considers it a rivalry.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

in the past, i've seen Bledsoe turn it on defensively (steals, pressure) towards the close of games
to me, if a player has good defensive instincts and ability and only shows it part time, i blame the coach for not getting the most out of them

i just watched the highlights of Ball last night
and there was enough blame to go around
most of Ball's shots and drives were uncontested

i swear it was if i was watching the Washington Generals or an All-Star Game!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Our defensive scheme on Ball last night was to back off him and dare him to shoot. The problem was that we didn't really deny the drive, and he made a good number of his shots. But absolutely believe that all that space was the game plan from Watson.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just hope I don't get annoyed with Mori about Ball the same way I get annoyed with him about the Warriors. :P

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
I seriously couldn't help to think of how Ayton or a trade for AD might change this team, just because of how bad he is nowadays. Lopez was eating his lunch all night.
So what. Bledsoe, Warren (or Chriss or Bender), Dudley, and a Suns first for AD? Would that even be in the range?

Bledsoe, Warren, Suns pick, Miami pick for AD works.
Bledsoe, Chriss (or Bender), Dudley, plus two picks would also work.

I would be inclined to do this.

New Orleans really needs an infusion of young talent and picks.
Last edited by JCSunsfan on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:
In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
So what. Bledsoe, Warren (or Chriss or Bender), Dudley, and a Suns first for AD? Would that even be in the range?
No, it wouldn't.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:
virtual9mm wrote: It's clear that Bledsoe and Chandler have no pride in the team, and have checked out altogether..
from what i heard on the radio it sounded like Chandler was engaged and Bledsoe took over the game in the 4th and was key to a nice comeback.
THIS

Not sure, where you come from to say that, they both lead the charge in several moments. Chandler and Len closed the game with 5 fouls and that allowed for several LA baskets driving to the hoop down the stretch, but we needed their rebounding, so we were cornered, still the team did not give up and kept fighting, almost coming back from a double digits deficit late in the fourth, with Bledsoe AND Chandler on the court. Tyson could have easily throw his 6th foul early in the final quarter and called a night, Eric, tried to take over and was successful at it.

Not sure what would be necessary for you, to think they do care.
After watching the game, I stand corrected on two points. Chandler wasn't checked out, but he was simply ooooold and couldn't guard the pick and roll. And Bledsoe just played shitty D, although it is a matter of pride to let Lonzo steamroller you like that.

On a more positive note, Booker looked really really good in this really effortless way. He was doing the old school superstar thing of being so good on offense that he needed to be doubled...and finding the open man. He is going to average like 7 assists a game.

Chriss looked engaged amd had good body language, although he still looks 19. Say what you will about Watson but he got through.

But the two guys that really impressed me were Bender and James. Bender does not ever need to score more than 10, his defense and team play pass the eye test and he already makes an impact on the game. He just needs to hit open 3s and drive whenever he can. He could easily become more than that, though. James single handedly kept ths Suns in the game.

And overall love the idea of running Booker as the main playmaker, he is loads better than Bledsoe. Let Bledsoe do his thing of penetrate amd dish after Booker gets his shot at playmaking magic. He is going to be so good, perhaps even this season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
No, it wouldn't.
Not even close.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:I just hope I don't get annoyed with Mori about Ball the same way I get annoyed with him about the Warriors. :P
I don't post about the Warriors THAT much. :-) I know what the site URL is.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

...Are you as much of a Dubs fan now as you are a Suns fan? :o

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Heart breaking loss. Should've been a win.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:...Are you as much of a Dubs fan now as you are a Suns fan? :o
Nah. The Ws are my second favorite team, and I go to roughly one Suns/Warriors game a year. But I wear a Suns shirt and cheer for the purple and orange during the whole game.