Bledsoe wants out!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by ShelC »

Trade him and Len to the Knicks for Kanter or something. Who cares. We look better out there with Mike James and Ulis anyways.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

How many years does Bledsoe thinks he needs to establish himself? ITS HIS 8TH FRIGGIN SEASON!
I can't think of a player who has gotten more chances after proving nothing each time.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:Bucks: any chance at Jabari? Probably not
I'll take Brogdon.
Brogdon and Teletovic for Bledsoe works under the cap rules.

Teletovic doesn't really have a role with Milwaukee, but I'm not sure they'd think Bledsoe is enough of an upgrade to make the deal.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

What do we do with Bledsoe in the meantime? I'd prefer we trade him tonight or tomorrow, but what do we do if he's on the team for a few weeks or months? If we don't have any substantial offers right now, we kinda have to play him. It's gonna be a little uncomfortable.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:What do we do with Bledsoe in the meantime? I'd prefer we trade him tonight or tomorrow, but what do we do if he's on the team for a few weeks or months? If we don't have any substantial offers right now, we kinda have to play him. It's gonna be a little uncomfortable.
I don't know. I think we might bench him tomorrow.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I'll take Brogdon.

Teletovic doesn't really have a role with Milwaukee, but I'm not sure they'd think Bledsoe is enough of an upgrade to make the deal.
Do it!

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Why do the Bucks want/need Bledsoe and why are they giving up Brogdon? Bledsoe's a terrible fit there anyway.

Maybe the Bulls take him? The Knicks might be interested. The Nugs have been rumored to be a landing spot also. But McD's taken his time with this stuff before so I doubt we'll see something soon unless Bledsoe is adament about it. And even then, McD's not inclined to do anything.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I'll take Brogdon.

Do it!
I'm not the one who needs to be convinced.

Unfortunately we're such a fucking shit show Milwaukee (or any team) has the leverage and can force us to give up a draft asset.

I wouldn't mind packaging Chriss with Bledsoe.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Who would want a shoot firtst PG with suspect knees who doesn't make any of his teammates better? He seems like a good dude but why take a risk on him. He needs a structured system on a team that's already good to be of any value.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

As bad as Bledsoe has looked, I think a contending team would be happy to add him and he'd play to the demands of the team. Bledsoe doesn't seem like the asshole type, he's just in a shitty situation that's making him look really bad.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:Why do the Bucks want/need Bledsoe and why are they giving up Brogdon? Bledsoe's a terrible fit there anyway.

Maybe the Bulls take him? The Knicks might be interested. The Nugs have been rumored to be a landing spot also. But McD's taken his time with this stuff before so I doubt we'll see something soon unless Bledsoe is adament about it. And even then, McD's not inclined to do anything.
I think Milwaukee is a great fit for Bledsoe, he slides in as a 2nd or 3rd option on a team that has two non pg's who can do a lot of creating(Middleton and Antetekounmpo) Ideally he'd be a better shooter, but his ability to attack the rim against a defense shifted towards Antetekounmpo could be special. He'd be on a contender and I imagine would step up his defense. Bled/Middleton/Antetekounmpo is a solid core.

Can't imagine the bulls being interested. They want to lose as many games as possible and let Dunn and Lavine run the show.

The Knicks are a maybe. Are they trying to make the playoffs? Or are they tanking too?

The magic are the intriguing option to me right now. Bled/Fournier/simmons/Gordon/Vucevic could be a 6 seed. Send us Payton and let's see what he can do.

Cap

Post by Cap »

djy2j wrote:Who would want a shoot firtst PG with suspect knees who doesn't make any of his teammates better? He seems like a good dude but why take a risk on him. He needs a structured system on a team that's already good to be of any value.
He needs a situation like he had with Dragic (before IT arrived), where he has less playmaking duties than a full-time PG.

I'm sorry we couldn't work out anything with Cleveland over the summer, but given the moves they have made since, that ship has sailed.

He really needs to up his effort and play like a man on a mission so other teams will see he still has value. If he keeps up the shit show we've seen through the preseason and first three games of the regular season, nobody will want him.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Cap wrote:
djy2j wrote:Who would want a shoot firtst PG with suspect knees who doesn't make any of his teammates better? He seems like a good dude but why take a risk on him. He needs a structured system on a team that's already good to be of any value.
He needs a situation like he had with Dragic (before IT arrived), where he has less playmaking duties than a full-time PG.

I'm sorry we couldn't work out anything with Cleveland over the summer, but given the moves they have made since, that ship has sailed.

He really needs to up his effort and play like a man on a mission so other teams will see he still has value. If he keeps up the s*** show we've seen through the preseason and first three games of the regular season, nobody will want him.
How many times have we said almost this exact same phrase for multiple Suns players (Morrii, Dragic, IT...)

Ive been a McD fan for a while, but I think ultimately this reflects on his ability to manage talent--I think this is a fatal flaw.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Please, Bledsoe and Chriss for Mudiay, Faried and a pick (could have been their 1st before that tweet)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Basketball is the sport where you can't just add talent. The talent needs to fit your other talent.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Please, Bledsoe and Chriss for Mudiay, Faried and a pick (could have been their 1st before that tweet)
Why are we adding Chriss? Mudiay isn't much of a prospect anymore

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:

https://twitter.com/DougHaller/status/922221761197785089

If that’s the case, it would explain a few things. So ship them both out and move on.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Good riddance!

(Marty, any way to embed these?)

"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Bled's trade value is effected by his motive and whether he "wanted out" before or after hearing of Watson being fired.
before - he looks like a trouble-maker or quitter (or focused on winning and he didn't agree with the way the team was run)
after - he looks like a loyalist to the coach (but then, why wasn't he more motivated?)

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

These were my general suggestions before...

Trade Potentials?
Grizzlies - Mike Conley
Jrue Holiday - Pelicans
Elfrid Payton - Magic

...and I tagged a couple better D Leaguers to consider...

VT
Last edited by Vladimir_Taltos on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.