SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by In2ition »

At least Dragic could shoot and score consistently in those combos.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkZac/status/484514891638636547

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkZac/status/484514991643447296

This guy is a hosebag.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Don't really get the proposed trade for the Suns. I know the Celtics want to move Rondo, but it seems like they want to get young, and Dragic would not be good any more by the time they are relevant. And I dunno why the Pacers would want to just toss aside Paul George like that. Seems like all 3 teams would be really dissing their own long time veterans.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Magic not the only team interested in Raptors RFA Patrick Patterson. Suns are as well. PHX "is after him," source said.

Depending on the figures, but I can dig Patterson as a frye replacement. He was pretty good with the Raptors last yr, but he is a RFA, so I'm apprehensive about what it would take
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Patterson can be left. I feel like he's too similar to the Morris Brothers. We need some size, length and defense at the 4spot if we're not getting Love. Gimme Ed Davis.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

At this point I'd be scared even if the guy we signed came from the DLeague.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not a fan of Patrick Patterson; too redundant and not really better than what we have.

I do think it's funny how the Suns are linked to literally every FA available, haha.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Marc Stein:

"Indiana Pacers, I'm told, have tried to engage Phoenix in trade talks for Goran Dragic, but teams have found no common deal ground. Yet."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:Marc Stein:

"Indiana Pacers, I'm told, have tried to engage Phoenix in trade talks for Goran Dragic, but teams have found no common deal ground. Yet."
There shouldn't be any common ground between Goran and George.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Not a fan of Patrick Patterson; too redundant and not really better than what we have.

I do think it's funny how the Suns are linked to literally every FA available, haha.
The trials and tribulations of having good talent and a shitload of cap space with an owner who's openly stated to the effect of "I will spend way over the cap." ;)

The Suns are every rosterbator's dream this off-season.....

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:Patterson can be left. I feel like he's too similar to the Morris Brothers. We need some size, length and defense at the 4spot if we're not getting Love. Gimme Ed Davis.
That screams Amir Johnson, but would have to come via trade. From the FA pool, Jordan Hill.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Huh?

Ed Davis is an UFA. And he's not a guy you give 35mil to. He's a backup 4/5 you can prob get for 3-4mil. Jordan Hill would be an OK consolation, but I think a bit less of him overall.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Marc stein is a guy I respect the most out of ESPN's band of idiots.

What I'm assuming is happening is Pacers are probabaly offering George Hill and a re-signed Lance and the Suns are asking for Paul George.

The whole thing sucks, because I would rather try to pair Goran with George. If we don't even get Paul George for him I'd be extremely pissed.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

No way we take Lance. Especially at the 10-11 mil asking price he's supposedly pushing for.

There's no one else I'd take back and truth be told, I'm not even really excited about Paul George. I think he's overrated to an extent but am intrigued by him and Bledsoe, and maybe that becomes a selling point to a guy like Love or LeBron.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Paul George is really really good, but he hasn't been able to show that he's the man yet, able to carry a team when they really need him. He's on a whole tier below LeBron and Durant on the SF hierarchy. Probably on a similar tier as Melo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:Ed Davis is an UFA. And he's not a guy you give 35mil to. He's a backup 4/5 you can prob get for 3-4mil. Jordan Hill would be an OK consolation, but I think a bit less of him overall.
Meh. I think they are close to a wash. Davis is favored defensively by some stats, but I've seen Hill more than hold his own there, against Howard for instance, and he rebounds better, or at least seems more active. They are equally limited offensively, and almost as long, but Hill is stronger and that's an area where I think we should improve.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/07/pace ... ragic.html
9:04am: The Pacers have inquired with the Suns about the availability of guard Goran Dragic, but the teams have yet to find common ground in negotiations, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.com (Twitter link). The Pacers covet an upgrade at point guard, Stein tweets.

Pacers president Larry Bird said this spring that while he likes Hill, “you never know what’s going to happen this summer.” Stein points to the perception that Phoenix can’t afford both Dragic, who’s coming off a career year, and restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe, and though they certainly have enough cap flexibility to retain both of them for next season, Dragic can hit free agency in 2015 if he turns down his $7.5MM player option for 2015/16. A significant raise for him could prove a tight squeeze if the Suns and notoriously thrifty owner Robert Sarver want to avoid the luxury tax and keep alive their dreams of adding a superstar.

Bird and Suns GM Ryan McDonough hooked up last summer on the Luis Scola trade that helped Phoenix kick-start its revival. The Pacers were active in the free agent market Tuesday, making a trio of signings, as our Free Agent Tracker shows, after talks with Lance Stephenson had reached a stalemate.
No thanks, we'll keep Dragic, thank you very much.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm putting zero stock in these Pacers rumors (unless they bring back PG).

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Everytime its brought up that the suns are concerned about paying Dragic and Bledsoe top dollar, its assumed we'd deal Dragic. Why is the question I have? Dragic is more durable, a more proven commodity, and although it may not have as much merit, is generally the most popular guy on the team amongst the fans due to his style of play and link to the SSOL days.

I get that Bledsoe is younger and Dragic could probably fetch more on the trade market, but I don't like how people assume we'd choose Eric over Goran.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Shabazz wrote:I'm putting zero stock in these Pacers rumors (unless they bring back PG).
I think the call was definitely made, Its being reported by a few different sources now, but there probably not being taken seriously by are front office..... yet.