Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by TOO »

Pacers fans genuinely think the Suns would do Dragic for Lance in a S&T. SMH. :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Pacers fans genuinely think the Suns would do Dragic for Lance in a S&T. SMH. :lol:
Poor saps.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
In2ition wrote:McDonough's job is to turn the team into a sustainable Championship team, I guess he'll do what he thinks is best to make that happen.
To what end though? Do you alienate a fan favorite in the process? I'm not sure I'd like that.
I guess every fan has their reasons for being a fan of a team, such as their favorite player plays for them, or style of play, or location of the team, or because they have a bunch of good dudes on the team, or maybe they like a team because they like their uniforms, or whatever.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think you need to look at it like you're alienating a fan favorite.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

I root for the team 1st, but at some point there has to be some loyalty no? Do you think FA's would want to go to a team that has a mercenary nobody is safe mentality?

FTR I'd trade Dragic for George in a heartbeat. I wouldn't however let him get the Pau treatment and get stuck in numerous trade rumors because that can affect a players performance.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Pacers fans genuinely think the Suns would do Dragic for Lance in a S&T. SMH. :lol:
If we want Lance, why wouldn't we just sign him outright? Why give up our best player? Makes no sense.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Per Coro....Spencer Hawes visiting Phoenix today.

He wants 8mil I heard...God I hope we don't sign him. He's INF's boy though.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:
If we want Lance, why wouldn't we just sign him outright? Why give up our best player? Makes no sense.
If there is anything I've learned about twitter, the average twitter sports fan has the sports IQ of a turd. They're also usually massive homers.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

According to SB Nation, the Suns are looking at a number of players on the free agent market apart from Bledsoe, including Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas, Gordon Hayward and Luol Deng as well as players like Danny Granger and Trevor Ariza. The team is hoping to keep Channing Frye and some other names like Ed Davis, Spencer Hawes and Pau Gasol also could be in the mix. Last season the team was close to trading for Pau Gasol before that deal went through and now they could try and sign him on the free agent market.
Lots of suns news over the net right now.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Per Coro....Spencer Hawes visiting Phoenix today.

He's a better rebounder than Frye, hell I think he's better than Frye, but I'm not paying a stretch 5 (is that a thing?) 8M per year.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Per Coro....Spencer Hawes visiting Phoenix today.

He's a better rebounder than Frye, hell I think he's better than Frye, but I'm not paying a stretch 5 (is that a thing?) 8M per year.
He's also redundant with Len. I'd rather wait and see what we may or may not have with him before dropping $8M/year on Hawes or someone else similar.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

LeBron is actually close with Bledsoe. He'd want to play with Bledsoe over anyone else, including Rondo. Melo would want to be paired with Rondo.
Pacers fans genuinely think the Suns would do Dragic for Lance in a S&T.
If Lance Blanks were still GM, I'd be genuinely worried.

Hawes scares me. He's been pretty durable, but I feel like he's going to get a contract and then miss a bunch of games. Hawes isn't redundant with Len because of his range (and he's actually proven as an NBA player). He's better than Frye, but still not sure I'd give him 8mil. I'd rather try and lure Pau with the 8mil and see if he'll take a paycut to play here. He's supposedly considering playing for around 4 with OKC.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Did Dragic get a better offer elsewhere during his first FA? Serious question, I dont see why him returning is loyal. We gave him a fair bit of money for a guy who hadn't earned it yet.

I would think LeBron would prefer Dragic to Rondo or even Bledsoe given his skill set.
IIRC Houston offered him $8 million per to stay in 2012 - only when Dragic committed here for $7.5 million per did Houston go after Lin as plan B.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

We offered Dragic a starting spot and Houston would not commit to that.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Houston also wouldn't give him a player option. Apparently Morey doesn't do that unless you are a superstar.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:LeBron is actually close with Bledsoe. He'd want to play with Bledsoe over anyone else, including Rondo. Melo would want to be paired with Rondo.
Pacers fans genuinely think the Suns would do Dragic for Lance in a S&T.
If Lance Blanks were still GM, I'd be genuinely worried.

Hawes scares me. He's been pretty durable, but I feel like he's going to get a contract and then miss a bunch of games. Hawes isn't redundant with Len because of his range (and he's actually proven as an NBA player). He's better than Frye, but still not sure I'd give him 8mil. I'd rather try and lure Pau with the 8mil and see if he'll take a paycut to play here. He's supposedly considering playing for around 4 with OKC.
pau isnt going to take a paycut for the suns. the suns had their chance last year with him. you'll have to offer him 10-12 mil a year. my advice is to sign pau for one year. mutually beneficial on both parties.

and i like hawes. he speaks his mind.

carey

Post by carey »

Hawes is the douchebag with the Obama toilet paper, right? No thanks.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:Hawes is the douchebag with the Obama toilet paper, right? No thanks.
So his political views count him out? Only 46% of likely voters approve of the job he's doing as of today. Not that that means anything.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:Hawes is the douchebag with the Obama toilet paper, right? No thanks.
So his political views count him out? Only 46% of likely voters approve of the job he's doing as of today. Not that that means anything.
So that means that 46% takes a shit on the President of the United States just like Hawes?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ha.. The Hawes topic took a promising turn. :shock: